Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
depends on if they upgrade the hardware for newer versions of FSD. buying the 10k version and not the subscription version entitles you to the hardware upgrades as well from what I understand. eh, I want the cheap tricks and the highway lane changing which is why I'm getting it. people saying it's trash amaze me. people say it's too expensive amaze me. you're already buying a $80k+ car. what's another 10k to say look, my car can come to me in the parking lot lol. to me the trick is worth it. :) (and yes I'm getting a LR, but mostly because I don't trust myself with a Plaid hah)
If you upgrade your car fairly often as some of us high mileage folks do....I doubt you'd feel the same way. You still must be kinda new to Tesla ....like <2 yrs in maybe? 😆

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Picked up my inventory order from Stockton yesterday. My appt was at 1, I went at 10 when they opened just to see if I could slide in there early. They were washing my car and by 10:20, it was pulled around to the front. I was stalking it and a guy came out and asked if I liked it. I told him "I hope so, I bough it" and he laughed and said "well, let's get you in it and outta here". I did a couple more walk-arounds, didn't see any panel gaps or paint issues so I took delivery. I'm in love with this car.

Wow, that's all I can say! If this thing is this fast, I can't imagine driving a Plaid. It makes me feel weird when I punch it. The 7-hour drive from Stockton was awesome. Only 2 stops (30 mins) and I was home. Got a LOT of attention at the Kettleman charging station.

Only issues were the inside needed to be vacuumed, which is weird cause I saw them cleaning it. And I have some weird paint speckle in my drivers side back seat.
Sharp. Congratulations. Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking forward to mine in December.

I do not have my new S yet, but I am fairly certain it's this type...thunderbolt. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/belkin-2-6-thunderbolt-cable-black/6345163.p?skuId=6345163
I don't think that makes sense, you just need USB-C cable (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-6-6-usb-c-charge-cable-white/5596719.p?skuId=5596719). or cheaper variety from anywhere else. Of course it depends on which iPad you have if you have a USB-C plug or lightning plug. In which case you'd need this.

It has arrived! Spent all day playing with it.

Amazing car, but a couple issues:

1. Rattle from rear / right. This one’s annoying, so I’m definitely going to get it fixed
2. Distortion on the bottom 2” of the rear windshield, and back 1” of the driver side window (driver side window distortion is much harder to see, so I don’t really care if they fix it).
3. Missing one cover for the trunk, and the privacy shelf; they’ll let me know when they have it
4. Worm on yoke - legitimately barely ever notice this. Only if I look for it.
5. Fold flat seats aren’t perfectly lined up; cry me a river. Leaps and bounds better than my old Acura in this area.
6. Some rubbing / noise when turning sharply in a parking lot. It feels like it’s because the components are new, and has already improved over the course of today. I’ll monitor it.

Lots of stuff that’s been pointed out in videos was a non issue on mine. For example: squeaky mirrors. The ends of the trim around the frunk is actually attached to the car. Interior pillar alignment. Door alignment beats many pics I’ve seen. No clearly visible paint issues. Feel free to correct me if you see anything in the pics.

Super fast car. Battery usage seems alright so far, but I’ll keep an eye on it on a long drive. FSD is great in this area (pre beta, no button yet). Really fun to drive! Delivery was really smooth.

Yoke: you really don’t know if you’ll like it till you use it. I haven’t had the accidental button press issue yet, but it is a bit annoying when in a parallel park situation when combined with the shifter. However, aside from this one instance over the course of today, it was great. So, my judgement is, objectively worse, but not actually a big deal.

Hope you all get your cars soon!!

View attachment 715226View attachment 715228View attachment 715229View attachment 715230
Beautiful car and pics! Congratulations!!

Had a 2017 75D for 4 years. Never noticed it.
That’s my point. I’ve had this for 3 years, and 8 years total with 3 different MS’s, and never noticed it either. It was only because of these reports from here that I looked for the warping, and can definitely see it in my current car. Minor, though maybe the people who have experienced it with the refresh have a more noticeable issue.

That’s my point. I’ve had this for 3 years, and 8 years total with 3 different MS’s, and never noticed it either. It was only because of these reports from here that I looked for the warping, and can definitely see it in my current car. Minor, though maybe the people who have experienced it with the refresh have a more noticeable issue.
My guess would be no. People love to complain, especially with Tesla.

Question for those who have taken delivery: Will your phone tip over and fall down during hard acceleration or during turns when you place it on the wireless charger in the center console? What holds it in place there?
It doesn't tip over / fall down. It's a fairly grippy surface, and quite slanted.

Update on my rattle: I'm just being picky lmao. Found out what it was. The passenger seatbelt was hitting something. I just kinda shuffled it around a bit, and it's fine now.

Additionally, the rear window distortion? Really not a big deal. I'm considering just keeping it as is. The only reason I'd want to swap it out is bc manufacturing defects are fixed for freeeee. But it'd be a waste of time imo, driving to the SC and back for that.

I'd been so stressed leading upto delivery, but there's zero reason to stress prior to getting this car. Are there issues that we should hold Tesla accountable for? Yes. Are these acceptable on a car at this price point? No. Will you care once you have this futuristic rocketship? Probably not. You'll point stuff out, and still go "helll yeah I want to go for a drive". If someone offered to undo my transaction, and give me my old car back, I'd laugh at them.

My guess would be no. People love to complain, especially with Tesla.

Indeed they do love to complain. There are two ways to live your life: Enjoy what you have or bitch about what you don't have. Life is not perfect. I prefer the glass is half full approach :)
I agree, and guilty as charged! I had the opportunity to sit in one of these beasts a few days ago, and was too excited to look (or care). I am guessing the distortion has always been there, and not noticable except to very few of us. If anybody wants to let me drive there car around for a few days so I can do a side by side comparison, I am willing to make the sacrifice of my time. ;)

Took delivery yesterday on a LR with 19" rims. My thoughts coming from a 2018 Model S 75D. Summary, I LOVE IT!

Exterior
  1. Changes are subtle but noticeable for Tesla fans.
  2. I like the black trim, gives it a much sportier look.
  3. Same for the extra width in fenders and tires, sportier, meaner looking!
  4. Didn't plan on liking the 19" rims w/aeros but actually do. The rims look smaller though if you remove the covers.
  5. Quality was good, no major paint or panel gap issues.
Interior
  1. Yoke, do like the extra visibility and not having to take your hand off the wheel for turns signals is actually nice. Not sure how wife will like it.
  2. Interior design, thumbs up! Feels more modern. Friend commented it is now more competitive with Taycan on that front.
  3. Software/UI, higher learning curve due to the flexibility and windowing UI.
  4. Screens, all great though I feel the backup cam is a little grainy in full screen even in daylight. Anyone else notice this?
  5. Seats are very comfortable. Did have some "wrinkles/folds" in rear that they will replace
  6. Missing the cargo floor panels like others, said it was due to backorder.
  7. Stereo is awesome! No distortion, clear highs and incredible bass if you want it.
Driving
  1. Smoother and quieter than prev 75D for sure. Adds to the enjoyment.
  2. Holy SH*T it is fast! I knew the specs on paper but was still blown away! It throws you back in the seat no matter how fast you are going. I took a Tesla owner for a ride and floored it at 50 and hit 90 so fast, we were both blown away! His quote was "Holy crap what a car that is!!"! This is a HUGE upgrade and makes me smile every time I do it. I can't imagine the Plaid acceleration.
  3. Really, it feels so fast. a Porsche owner drove and was blown away by how fast it is and couldn't imagine wanting anything faster.
  4. No seriously, the improvement in mid-range power delivery is incredible. The car feels like it is lifting off the ground at 50mph when you punch it.
  5. Yoke + Drive Selector, not really an issue except complicated maneuvers like 3 point turns etc.
[EDITS BELOW]
A few other notes:
1. Charging on the same Tesla wall charger as before is 25% faster (42 miles/hour vs 34 on 75D)
2. Was unable to secure any freebies (winter mats, 14-50 adapter) from Tesla. In 2018 I got free mats at least :)
3. At home delivery was really nice. I thought I would miss the experience of going to the dealer and seeing it but did not.
4. When turning, light is projected in the turn direction. Didn't know this was a feature and my old car didn't have it. Anyone know if these are adaptive headlights or is it just an additional LED they turn on?

Last edited:
Took delivery yesterday on a LR with 19" rims. My thoughts coming from a 2018 Model S 75D. Summary, I LOVE IT!

Yoke + Drive Selector, not really an issue except complicated maneuvers like 3 point turns etc.
I am both really looking forward, and nervous. I do a lot of city driving and parking, with plenty of 3 point turns multiple times a day. I placed coflex tape over the top of my wheel, and find it is inconvenient not having a full wheel. The bad news is that my wife will never want to drive this car. Wait, maybe that is good news. :p