Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to get mine swapped at no charge, but Tesla told me I was a one-off and they swapped only because my SA told me in writing a few months before delivery that I’d get AS. Actually just completed the swap today and they let me keep Summer Pirellis at no charge.
Thankyou for the quick reply! I found a phone number for the delivery team embedded in one of the text messages and called them. They "you get what you get based on what's in stock at the factory and you can't change it after delivery". When I pushed back they said reluctantly that you can try to talk to your service center but no guarantees. My original model S and my model X both had all seasons and I don't want to pay thousands of $ swapping out brand new tires or have to store a second set in my garage. With 3 kids my garage is quite full enough :)

I was able to get mine swapped at no charge, but Tesla told me I was a one-off and they swapped only because my SA told me in writing a few months before delivery that I’d get AS. Actually just completed the swap today and they let me keep Summer Pirellis at no charge.
I reached out to my SA via email....explaining that I "have been reading" that some folks are getting their S delivered with summer tires and that my expectation is that mine....being that we are in the midwest....will be delivered with AS. He wrote back saying that would be the case....AS delivery. Documented.

I reached out to my SA via email....explaining that I "have been reading" that some folks are getting their S delivered with summer tires and that my expectation is that mine....being that we are in the midwest....will be delivered with AS. He wrote back saying that would be the case....AS delivery. Documented.
Great move - I should have done that!

It has arrived! Spent all day playing with it.

Amazing car, but a couple issues:

1. Rattle from rear / right. This one’s annoying, so I’m definitely going to get it fixed
2. Distortion on the bottom 2” of the rear windshield, and back 1” of the driver side window (driver side window distortion is much harder to see, so I don’t really care if they fix it).
3. Missing one cover for the trunk, and the privacy shelf; they’ll let me know when they have it
4. Worm on yoke - legitimately barely ever notice this. Only if I look for it.
5. Fold flat seats aren’t perfectly lined up; cry me a river. Leaps and bounds better than my old Acura in this area.
6. Some rubbing / noise when turning sharply in a parking lot. It feels like it’s because the components are new, and has already improved over the course of today. I’ll monitor it.

Lots of stuff that’s been pointed out in videos was a non issue on mine. For example: squeaky mirrors. The ends of the trim around the frunk is actually attached to the car. Interior pillar alignment. Door alignment beats many pics I’ve seen. No clearly visible paint issues. Feel free to correct me if you see anything in the pics.

Super fast car. Battery usage seems alright so far, but I’ll keep an eye on it on a long drive. FSD is great in this area (pre beta, no button yet). Really fun to drive! Delivery was really smooth.

Yoke: you really don’t know if you’ll like it till you use it. I haven’t had the accidental button press issue yet, but it is a bit annoying when in a parallel park situation when combined with the shifter. However, aside from this one instance over the course of today, it was great. So, my judgement is, objectively worse, but not actually a big deal.

Hope you all get your cars soon!!

View attachment 715226View attachment 715228View attachment 715229View attachment 715230
I keep hitting the windshield wipers on accident wit the Yoke, lol

• Funny
Reactions: Danlbrau and MEL-22
Took delivery yesterday on a LR with 19" rims. My thoughts coming from a 2018 Model S 75D. Summary, I LOVE IT!

Exterior
  1. Changes are subtle but noticeable for Tesla fans.
  2. I like the black trim, gives it a much sportier look.
  3. Same for the extra width in fenders and tires, sportier, meaner looking!
  4. Didn't plan on liking the 19" rims w/aeros but actually do. The rims look smaller though if you remove the covers.
  5. Quality was good, no major paint or panel gap issues.
Interior
  1. Yoke, do like the extra visibility and not having to take your hand off the wheel for turns signals is actually nice. Not sure how wife will like it.
  2. Interior design, thumbs up! Feels more modern. Friend commented it is now more competitive with Taycan on that front.
  3. Software/UI, higher learning curve due to the flexibility and windowing UI.
  4. Screens, all great though I feel the backup cam is a little grainy in full screen even in daylight. Anyone else notice this?
  5. Seats are very comfortable. Did have some "wrinkles/folds" in rear that they will replace
  6. Missing the cargo floor panels like others, said it was due to backorder.
  7. Stereo is awesome! No distortion, clear highs and incredible bass if you want it.
Driving
  1. Smoother and quieter than prev 75D for sure. Adds to the enjoyment.
  2. Holy SH*T it is fast! I knew the specs on paper but was still blown away! It throws you back in the seat no matter how fast you are going. I took a Tesla owner for a ride and floored it at 50 and hit 90 so fast, we were both blown away! His quote was "Holy crap what a car that is!!"! This is a HUGE upgrade and makes me smile every time I do it. I can't imagine the Plaid acceleration.
  3. Really, it feels so fast. a Porsche owner drove and was blown away by how fast it is and couldn't imagine wanting anything faster.
  4. No seriously, the improvement in mid-range power delivery is incredible. The car feels like it is lifting off the ground at 50mph when you punch it.
  5. Yoke + Drive Selector, not really an issue except complicated maneuvers like 3 point turns etc.
[EDITS BELOW]
A few other notes:
1. Charging on the same Tesla wall charger as before is 25% faster (42 miles/hour vs 34 on 75D)
2. Was unable to secure any freebies (winter mats, 14-50 adapter) from Tesla. In 2018 I got free mats at least :)
3. At home delivery was really nice. I thought I would miss the experience of going to the dealer and seeing it but did not.
4. When turning, light is projected in the turn direction. Didn't know this was a feature and my old car didn't have it. Anyone know if these are adaptive headlights or is it just an additional LED they turn on?
"I can't imagine the Plaid acceleration" my EXACT sentiment! the pull when I punch it makes me feel all weird, the lady that wanted to sell her Plaid because it made her feel sick makes perfect sense to me now. I def feel vindicated now in NOT getting the Plaid, this speed is WAY more than enough.

It has arrived! Spent all day playing with it.

Amazing car, but a couple issues:

1. Rattle from rear / right. This one’s annoying, so I’m definitely going to get it fixed
2. Distortion on the bottom 2” of the rear windshield, and back 1” of the driver side window (driver side window distortion is much harder to see, so I don’t really care if they fix it).
3. Missing one cover for the trunk, and the privacy shelf; they’ll let me know when they have it
4. Worm on yoke - legitimately barely ever notice this. Only if I look for it.
5. Fold flat seats aren’t perfectly lined up; cry me a river. Leaps and bounds better than my old Acura in this area.
6. Some rubbing / noise when turning sharply in a parking lot. It feels like it’s because the components are new, and has already improved over the course of today. I’ll monitor it.

Lots of stuff that’s been pointed out in videos was a non issue on mine. For example: squeaky mirrors. The ends of the trim around the frunk is actually attached to the car. Interior pillar alignment. Door alignment beats many pics I’ve seen. No clearly visible paint issues. Feel free to correct me if you see anything in the pics.

Super fast car. Battery usage seems alright so far, but I’ll keep an eye on it on a long drive. FSD is great in this area (pre beta, no button yet). Really fun to drive! Delivery was really smooth.

Yoke: you really don’t know if you’ll like it till you use it. I haven’t had the accidental button press issue yet, but it is a bit annoying when in a parallel park situation when combined with the shifter. However, aside from this one instance over the course of today, it was great. So, my judgement is, objectively worse, but not actually a big deal.

Hope you all get your cars soon!!

View attachment 715226View attachment 715228View attachment 715229View attachment 715230
Beautiful ride man! Ordered same spec in June with current EDD late Oct - mid Nov. Can't wait! Thanks for the pics :cool:

After the mad rush yesterday from VIN assignment to delivery in just 8.5 hours the new car is now in the driveway! A 2022 model # have been nice from a HOV sticker perspective but more than that I'm glad the wait is over and wish everyone on this forum the best of luck on that front!

I was never given a contact in the delivery center - to whom do we address issues? My main problem so far is the rear passenger door handle doesn't fully retract and then alarms. Do I call the local service center?

Also I really would prefer all seasons as we like to go to Tahoe and I don't want two sets of tires - I saw others say they managed to get theirs changed - how were you able to do that? Through searching the forums I wasn't able to find exactly where I read that.

View attachment 715413
Congrats! Looking gorgeous.
Regarding HOV sticker, I've read that if you apply for the sticker in 2022, you'll receive a 2022 sticker in CA. It shouldn't matter if your car is 2021 or 2022.

After the mad rush yesterday from VIN assignment to delivery in just 8.5 hours the new car is now in the driveway! A 2022 model # have been nice from a HOV sticker perspective but more than that I'm glad the wait is over and wish everyone on this forum the best of luck on that front!

I was never given a contact in the delivery center - to whom do we address issues? My main problem so far is the rear passenger door handle doesn't fully retract and then alarms. Do I call the local service center?

Also I really would prefer all seasons as we like to go to Tahoe and I don't want two sets of tires - I saw others say they managed to get theirs changed - how were you able to do that? Through searching the forums I wasn't able to find exactly where I read that.

View attachment 715413

We have twin cars.

On the CA HOV stickers, it's not the model year date that matters -- it's when you apply (and might even be when you get the sticker but that's not clear). Just wait until January 1 to apply and you'll get next year's sticker. I've done exactly that 3 times now.

Be prepared for a processing delay -- it takes the DMV about 90 days to turn it around.

OTOH, stickers are blue this year and they would look really cool on the blue car... And, currently, next year's decals expire Sept. 30, 2025 -- only nine months after Blue decal expires. Total time with the decal might be the same if you simply applied now.

Seriously folks. . .how the heck do you get a SA? Any calls I make to the listed line of my delivery location (Highland Park, IL) get routed to a call center.
Go to tesla.com and click custom order. There you should see a chat icon. Just chat with them and let them know that you have an order and ask them whatever you want. They've answered all my questions and even adjusted my order, something the website didn't allow me to do. You could also ask them to give you your SA's name and phone number.

Reactions: WaukeshaTG