Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery was supposed to be by 8:00 am home delivery. A little before 9:00 got a message car was delivered But there was no car. Waited another hour and called Tesla. They dug around and found out that the delivery guy couldn’t get into the complex because he went to the wrong gate. No call, no text, no email. Instead he just dumped the car in a nearby neighborhood. We drove around and found it, but couldn’t get in as the accept button in the account was not activated. Two hours later the delivery guy shows up again while we are waiting nearby and not looking and drives off in the car. Apparently his boss told him to go back and get it to the right place. Jumped in our car quickly and followed him in the complex to our house and then he let us in the car. Jesus they don’t make it easy. Car is delivered though and looks great.

Attachments

• 82399218-E4B5-48D1-9ED6-C80D8AB0FAA0.jpeg
    82399218-E4B5-48D1-9ED6-C80D8AB0FAA0.jpeg
    753.7 KB · Views: 76
Delivery was supposed to be by 8:00 am home delivery. A little before 9:00 got a message car was delivered But there was no car. Waited another hour and called Tesla. They dug around and found out that the delivery guy couldn’t get into the complex because he went to the wrong gate. No call, no text, no email. Instead he just dumped the car in a nearby neighborhood. We drove around and found it, but couldn’t get in as the accept button in the account was not activated. Two hours later the delivery guy shows up again while we are waiting nearby and not looking and drives off in the car. Apparently his boss told him to go back and get it to the right place. Jumped in our car quickly and followed him in the complex to our house and then he let us in the car. Jesus they don’t make it easy. Car is delivered though and looks great.
WTF?!?!?

We have twin cars.

On the CA HOV stickers, it's not the model year date that matters -- it's when you apply (and might even be when you get the sticker but that's not clear). Just wait until January 1 to apply and you'll get next year's sticker. I've done exactly that 3 times now.

Be prepared for a processing delay -- it takes the DMV about 90 days to turn it around.

OTOH, stickers are blue this year and they would look really cool on the blue car... And, currently, next year's decals expire Sept. 30, 2025 -- only nine months after Blue decal expires. Total time with the decal might be the same if you simply applied now.
Thanks for that information - I thought it was based on the model year irrespective of when you applied. I get it wrt the sticker color as the unglued stickers on our red Model X actually look good but they expire soon I know which was part of the calculus in me getting a new S. The thing I'm debating is that with work from home extended until Jan 2nd when is the most optimal time to apply.

you cant make this sugar up OMG. Glad it worked out best of luck congrats!

Reactions: Wooly1
EoQ madness. Just dropping cars off at curbs.

omg, I would be LIVID!!!!

Has anyone seen their date (EDD)disappear, and not reappear?
Mine has been gone basically since the end of August now, after the shuffling with the mid August apology email.

Also, it seems like it should be mandatory each time posting in this thread to include your order info. Mine is MSLR, MSM, black, 19”, no FSD. Order date was 6/24 RN1152
Mine has been gone since Sept. 18th.
MSLR Red/White/19 RN1153