Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got off the phone with Tesla and the rep told me that an error in the system pushed out a bunch of vins to customers without the cars being built. They pulled the vins and pushed back deliver dates on a TON of orders today. Looks like another 2 or 3 weeks for us.

Still haven't lost the VIN, but for being bay area adjacent the delivery window of Oct 1-7 was a bit odd with no delivery request - Fremont is only 125 miles away

Nice response...just trying to be helpful to folks with the same dilemma who don't "have" to have the car right now and their options.....but since you want to be smart why don't you go learn about delayed gratification to become more of a genius
I’m from the McDonald’s generation. My way right away.
Really sorry I offended you.

I just visited my local delivery center. Their EOQ crazy time ended yesterday and their parking lot is almost empty. They only have a handful of vehicles left to deliver today and tomorrow, so I was able to spend some time speaking with an SA there. The tires being delivered now seem to be, for all plaid models regardless of wheel size, Michelin Pilot Sport summer tires. For the LR models 21 inch wheels get the summer Michelins and all the 19 inch wheels have the AS Continentals.

There were only 2 S models in the lot and one was being delivered as I watched. They were both plaids. Paint, fit and finish looked perfect. The one being prepped was red with cream interior and 19 inch wheels and it did have the summer tires on it. Again the cream interior had a darker oak trim. I now suspect the plaids with cream interior get oak and the LR motels get maple. I prefer the maple, but if the parts exist for oak, it does give some of the LR owners a possible option after delivery.

I also asked him about delivery dates and he said that they usually see the same dates we do, but sometimes they get more information. He looked up my order and he said it is showing a "facility date" of December 16. That's the date that Tesla expects my car to be at the delivery center. He also said that there have been a lot of cancellations due to financing or duplicate orders and I could see the car earlier than that. I haven't checked my edd in a few days now and won't until October 1st, but that facility date is right in the middle of my edd as of the last time I looked at it.

So at this time it looks like I'm almost half way through my waiting period.

@GrnSqrl - I tried the service center, no luck as I don't have anything documented unlike you. Can you please tell me the All Season tires they replaced them with so I can price out what it would cost me to go it alone?
Sure. Here’s the link to Tire Rack.

And here are specs from owners manual.

Attachments

• 7046A28C-4CF1-4640-87D8-28FB5731170D.png
    7046A28C-4CF1-4640-87D8-28FB5731170D.png
    682.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Love
Reactions: brownj
Has anyone seen their date (EDD)disappear, and not reappear?
Mine has been gone basically since the end of August now, after the shuffling with the mid August apology email.

Also, it seems like it should be mandatory each time posting in this thread to include your order info. Mine is MSLR, MSM, black, 19”, no FSD. Order date was 6/24 RN1152
I want to reiterate what Tiger said...pls include your RN####, VIN### (if you have it), estimated date of delivery (EDD) from Tesla and your build at the bottom of each post so we can see how orders are filled. Thanks!

White/Black/19 (NO VIN), NO EDD, RN1153. Ordered July 27.