Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery date just got pushed out too! Now sitting at October 25-Nov 14.
RN 1149, white/black/19s - May order! At this point … who knows when I’ll actually get my car.
Mine got pushed from EOQ to Oct 2 to 7 this morn. I got VIN on Monday (MF), paid on Tues.

Plan to keep car for 5-10 yrs so MF vs NF is kind of non issue.

Already got a decent offer from carvana for my 2020 M3 LR. If I actually got the MS in June like initially thought I would have gotten 43.5k from Carvana but now got 45k from them. Silver linings...

I just got a call from Tesla of Nashville. I ordered a MSLR Blue/Black, 19", no FSD on 8/8 (RN: 1154...). They said they have a blue one in stock there but it is a plaid. They wanted to see if I was interested in taking that one instead of the one I ordered. Of course, since they couldn't do a price adjustment, I had to turn it down. Still, getting a call with the caller ID show Tesla was momentarily exciting. Now I can go back to being disappointed.

So when people cancel their MS orders... Tesla still makes that "build" and sends it to their region as an "available" car or they skip that order and just drop it and move on to other orders in line?
Depends on where the cancelled order is in the production process. If it is pre-production, it is just dropped from the line OR someone is moved up. If it is being built, it will get allocated to another customer and logistics figures out how to get it there. If it is already on the way to the customer and they cancel, it gets slotted into inventory or attempted to be delivered to a customer in the region with the same (or willing to accept) that built configuration.

I stopped by the Tesla Showroom and Delivery/Service Center today in Tampa. The end of quarter push is for real. Zero cars at the showroom and zero test vehicles as all were sold. Only two Model 3 for delivery and all other inventory at the Delivery center were gone and the parking lot was empty. Tesla demand is high and they are pushing hard to deliver every vehicle they can. December 2021 delivery for me it is…and that seems fairly realistic…

Wow, the all season tires have pretty bad reviews on tire rack.
On my model X I had all season Continentals that didn't even last it to 20k miles so I changed to Pirelli All-seasons. If I'm going to pay out of pocket then I will be going the Pirelli route but thanks to @GrnSqrl I have the tire combinations (he taught me to read the manual, lol).

• Funny
Reactions: GrnSqrl
Can someone here give some insight into the time from build to delivery date? I am curious as to when we may see some 2022 VINs show up.
Speaking of, when did they start this supposed changeover to the next year on Oct 1? My 2018 75D was delivered on 12/29/2018, and one would think it would be a 2019, but no.
Model year is based on manufacturing date, not delivery date. It's possible your 2018 was built before October 1st. Take a look at your VIN, you may be able to glean a manufacture date from it. Some cars also put a separate plate on the car somewhere with a build date on it. I don't know if Tesla's do that, though.

Reactions: Woodchuck
Model year is based on manufacturing date, not delivery date. It's possible your 2018 was built before October 1st. Take a look at your VIN, you may be able to glean a manufacture date from it. Some cars also put a separate plate on the car somewhere with a build date on it. I don't know if Tesla's do that, though.
Tesla only shares month/Year on the plate which is at the driver door.

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja and theatrus
Can someone here give some insight into the time from build to delivery date? I am curious as to when we may see some 2022 VINs show up.
Speaking of, when did they start this supposed changeover to the next year on Oct 1? My 2018 75D was delivered on 12/29/2018, and one would think it would be a 2019, but no.
You can find the manufactured month and year on the driver door bottom panel where it provides the tire model and pressure. I took delivery of my current 2018 MS 100D on 12/31/2018. The manufacture month and year is marked as 10/18 for me. So, at least in 2018 I know that rule did not apply and my car is a 2018 model and the VIN has xxxx28JFxxxx where J stands for year 2018.

These continentals have been coming in the model 3 and model y before and if you search the forum pretty much the consensus is that they suck in snow. In my experience OEM tires always underperform significantly from what you can buy in your own. Also there are plenty of large lux ICE vehicles in the market that are both staggered setup and weigh close to the same is the s.
I hadn't seen any reviews from model 3 or Y owners. What you say may be true. I am mainly concerned that I don't get summer tires on my car. I drive into the mountains to go skiing and even if the Continental tires are not that great in snow, they will be worlds better that a summer tire in well below freezing temperatures. I am also looking forward to the new Michelin EV AS tires that are about to be released, as I am sure they will be superIor to the Continentals. I did see at my delivery center yesterday that all the plaid cars and everything with 21 inch wheels are now coming through with Michelin summer tires instead of Pirellis. All the 19 inch LR cars had Continental AS tires. It gives me some hope that my December delivery car may come with Michelin AS tires.

You can find the manufactured month and year on the driver door bottom panel where it provides the tire model and pressure. I took delivery of my current 2018 MS 100D on 12/31/2018. The manufacture month and year is marked as 10/18 for me. So, at least in 2018 I know that rule did not apply and my car is a 2018 model and the VIN has xxxx28JFxxxx where J stands for year 2018.
they switched that in 2019 for the whole lineup.