Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very frustrated!! I received a VIN on Saturday, the 1148 order with the 19's. it is now Thursday and my page says "Prepare for delivery", was very excited as that is what we are all waiting for. I also received an Email to complete payment, My SA told me once the payment has been made Tesla will contact me soon after for a delivery date. I completed the payment in full, wire transfer from the Tesla service called Plaid. The money was indeed subtracted from my bank account. Also, one of the documents on my account, the MVPA states the car has an odometer reading of 15 miles. After that, crickets!! I waited, and waited. No Text, email or phone call. Waited a couple days, then went physically into sales to speak with an SA directly, I was stunned!!! She told me to be patient because my car has not even been built yet. I told her how has a car that has not been built yet have 15 miles on the odometer, and she was the manager. Another sales SA stepped in and said no, my car has been built but there is an unknown issue. My car cannot be found online with the VIN. OKAY, what issue? no one knew. I was told I would be contacted by an associate from the "management team" about this. Nothing. I called again. Same response, still nothing. This is now the third time. No response. So far, every person I spoke with has gave me the run around with a different story. How can it be that I transferred over $100,000, they took my money and now No one knows what's going on. How do I take this to a higher level? When I call or go in, I get the same, "someone will contact you from the management team". I was under the impression that once I paid for it, I would get my car. I'm sure I will get the car sometime soon, but this unknown is SO UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!

Very frustrated!! I received a VIN on Saturday, the 1148 order with the 19's. it is now Thursday and my page says "Prepare for delivery", was very excited as that is what we are all waiting for. I also received an Email to complete payment, My SA told me once the payment has been made Tesla will contact me soon after for a delivery date. I completed the payment in full, wire transfer from the Tesla service called Plaid. The money was indeed subtracted from my bank account. Also, one of the documents on my account, the MVPA states the car has an odometer reading of 15 miles. After that, crickets!! I waited, and waited. No Text, email or phone call. Waited a couple days, then went physically into sales to speak with an SA directly, I was stunned!!! She told me to be patient because my car has not even been built yet. I told her how has a car that has not been built yet have 15 miles on the odometer, and she was the manager. Another sales SA stepped in and said no, my car has been built but there is an unknown issue. My car cannot be found online with the VIN. OKAY, what issue? no one knew. I was told I would be contacted by an associate from the "management team" about this. Nothing. I called again. Same response, still nothing. This is now the third time. No response. So far, every person I spoke with has gave me the run around with a different story. How can it be that I transferred over $100,000, they took my money and now No one knows what's going on. How do I take this to a higher level? When I call or go in, I get the same, "someone will contact you from the management team". I was under the impression that once I paid for it, I would get my car. I'm sure I will get the car sometime soon, but this unknown is SO UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!
Oh man so sorry to hear.
@sflgator

Reactions: MEL-22
It seems that there are a lot of us in California, specifically the SF Bay Area, who received EDD of late to end of September, received a VIN …..and then dates changed to end of Sept and beyond. I believe some even lost their VIN. Sooooo strange.
And why is it that the constant theme is no one has any answers….. no one answers a call, no one answers a email and no one answers a text?

It seems that there are a lot of us in California, specifically the SF Bay Area, who received EDD of late to end of September, received a VIN …..and then dates changed to end of Sept and beyond. I believe some even lost their VIN. Sooooo strange.
And why is it that the constant theme is no one has any answers….. no one answers a call, no one answers a email and no one answers a text?
Sad & unacceptable; Tesla does whatever is best for them and will continue because we let them get away with it.

I’m only a lawyer on the weekends, but sounds like grand larceny to me.

• Funny
Reactions: Woodchuck

There is something up with the current lot of cars. Could be software, or a build defect. I'm in the same boat with a CA VIN, but a car somewhere in limbo land.

You don't need to pay to schedule delivery, despite what the web page may try to say. That is deceiving on Tesla's part. The "ideal" way is to look at it physically first, then exchange the funds. Unfortunately, you're beyond that step.

I haven't been reporting our status, but like others we ordered in mid June, and had various delivery dates from Sept- Nov. Mostly Oct. then last week EDD went to Sept 27-30. Got the text Please pay now, the car is available just this last Sunday- VIN- MF443xxx

Just got back from picking our new MS LR up in Scottsdale. As near as I can tell, it's about as perfect as it can be, there are a few ripples in the rear seats, but I don't think I'm going to complain - I'll take a closer look in the morning it was getting dark when we were inspecting the seats. And unfortunately it started raining and whipping up the dust just as we finished looking over the exterior.

The hands off delivery was odd- my phone auto connected when we got there to their guest wifi, but the signal wasn't strong enough to get the data to load. I finally realized it and switched off the wifi, then everything loaded- we gained access to the car- paired the phone and the key fobs. Accepted delivery and signed a few papers for DMV, POA etc. All good.

All the mats and privacy cover were included in the car - Paint looked as good as I've ever seen on a Tesla- I think they got their act together this time. No rattles or squeaks, Seats all worked, It's quiet and very sporty - Big improvement over our now over 7 year old Model S. Only thing that's a "downgrade" from the older S is the much much smaller Frunk. I knew it would be smaller than the RWD '14 but I guess I didn't realize its even smaller than the Dual motor '15s Frunk . It's useful for small items now.

The new car is however, more efficient too- used about 10% less energy than the '15MS coming back to Tucson from Scottsdale, My wife and I were driving the same in a line.

So what don't I like? Only 2 things so far:
1. I don't see ( and maybe it's just I haven't found it yet) Creep mode. Maybe it's not complete yet?
2. I'm going to miss enhanced AP's lane change feature. I hope Tesla offers some way to get lane change on signal to be part of AP for all of us.

As for the yoke, It will take some getting used to when making a greater than 90 degree turn, which I do every time I come into our neighborhood. Otherwise, it's actually quite easy to use and the view of the instrument panel is great... The turn signals on the wheel worked well, except for one thing, when changing lanes - at least for now- you have to turn it back off. I suspect they will fix that sometime in the future sw update.

AP worked well, cameras calibrated in < 10 miles but I hadn't enabled Autosteer- so I had to pull over and put it into park, enable auto steer and then all was good.

The cabin is much quieter than our other Models S's

Ours was delivered with Pirelli's

I also had similar experience, posted earlier today. My SA has told me 1 month ago quite adamantly that I was always going to get my car in Oct not EOQ. Looks like she was right but I was hoping.

Telsa is a secret govt run company masquerading as a private one. Who else is so inept

Picked up my car on Tuesday. Haven’t been able to spend much time driving yet due to work. However tonight I found the Tesla label that has the features and price folded up under the passenger seat. Interestingly it says the car was manufactured July! Under the front hood was very dusty and there was dead grass all in frunk when I picked it up. Seems it may have been sitting in a field for months.

Picked up my car on Tuesday. Haven’t been able to spend much time driving yet due to work. However tonight I found the Tesla label that has the features and price folded up under the passenger seat. Interestingly it says the car was manufactured July! Under the front hood was very dusty and there was dead grass all in frunk when I picked it up. Seems it may have been sitting in a field for months.
There seem to be some repaired cars. Whats the first three digits after MF in the VIN?

Reactions: Blue Stuff
This absolutely sucks a muti-billion dollar company needs to figure this out quick. Some of us will be buying Lucid for sure.

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
DISASTER

Had my VIN, was asked to submit final payment, did so, Loan check on my VIN 5YJSA1E59MF447353 was fedexed overnight from DCU in MA to Tesla, insurance was set up using 5YJSA1E59MF447353...

.. and I get a call from my SA saying my VIN had a 'build issue' and i'll be getting a new VIN (likely next week, Oct 1 or later)

So i'm not annoyed as much about the delay, but don't be assigning me a VIN and asking me to pay up if a car isn't built / approved yet. So now i'm paying a loan on a car that doesn't exist. He says its probably not worth refunding since i could get a new VIN in a few days.

Maybe i'll even get a 2022 now? Meh... '447353, i hardly new ye.
Any chance that Tesla is doing this intentionally to show cash inflow for EOQ?

• Disagree
Reactions: doubleshot
I would lawyer up over that fubar treatment.