Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
January order. Still waiting now says

Estimated Delivery: October 26 - November 15​

Really getting sick of this. No communication. Have texted called and get nothing. I hope this company gets some stiff competition soon and gets their act together.
That is the communication. You are to refresh the page every hour.

I'm now thinking delivery dates are somehow tied into either Heisenberg's uncertainty principle or worse, the observer effect. The speculated blind monkey would have to do better.

Hard to argue with that. Products are great but communication and planning are so poor. I suspect there might be a lot more MSLR sitting in parking lots waiting on parts. We might be seeing 2021 cars for a while. I hope not but my spidey senses are going off. It might be better to be delayed.. I dunno.. just sayin.

Reactions: feixingyuan
It seems that there are a lot of us in California, specifically the SF Bay Area, who received EDD of late to end of September, received a VIN …..and then dates changed to end of Sept and beyond. I believe some even lost their VIN. Sooooo strange.
And why is it that the constant theme is no one has any answers….. no one answers a call, no one answers a email and no one answers a text?
Yeah, I received my vin on Monday and lost it on wed.

Reactions: feixingyuan
Hard to argue with that. Products are great but communication and planning are so poor. I suspect there might be a lot more MSLR sitting in parking lots waiting on parts. We might be seeing 2021 cars for a while. I hope not but my spidey senses are going off. It might be better to be delayed.. I dunno.. just sayin.

Wish that Tesla Flyover guy didn't quit his videos. He must have received his car and moved on with his life...

MF436….what do you mean when you say repaired?
sounds like one from the "Holding Lot of Misfit Toys". My Sept 4th delivery is MF4399** (Aug 17th build date) so a recently delivered car with MF436*** has indeed been sitting a while.

1633103643759.png

Reactions: GrnSqrl
Sinc
Yeah, I received my vin on Monday and lost it on wed.
Since I got my EOQ EDD in second week of Sept, I exchange email with my SA. She has always told me to expect the car in October perhaps Nov. Even while my EDD narrowed to 2 days she said Oct! So she does seem to have some inside info and the entire EDD fiasco was either to placate us after the tesla apology email or it was just a goal for tesla.

Now showing Oct 2 to 7.

Reactions: cwanja
Well, for 100,000$ they are supposed to be great.

Sinc

Since I got my EOQ EDD in second week of Sept, I exchange email with my SA. She has always told me to expect the car in October perhaps Nov. Even while my EDD narrowed to 2 days she said Oct! So she does seem to have some inside info and the entire EDD fiasco was either to placate us after the tesla apology email or it was just a goal for tesla.

Now showing Oct 2 to 7.
I have had same experience. My EDD is showing Oct, but my SA (who I like and who has been very helpful) told me to expect Nov based on what he can see...whatever that is.

• Informative
Reactions: MEL-22
A couple of these posts with close-in-time order dates to mine make me feel better especially with my white interior. I see it is not only white interior being delayed. Other then “launch day” I do not understand a corporate mentality of making us LR orders wait eight months or more for a car while watching those who splurged on a similarly configured Plaid get theirs in some published cases in a week or less.

A couple of these posts with close-in-time order dates to mine make me feel better especially with my white interior. I see it is not only white interior being delayed. Other then “launch day” I do not understand a corporate mentality of making us LR orders wait eight months or more for a car while watching those who splurged on a similarly configured Plaid get theirs in some published cases in a week or less.
At least they seem to be building some of our LRs... hopefully. The last 5 days I have check inventory in 3 zip codes and none available. Unlike week before where there was Plaid inventory, maybe to meet financial targets.

I think they make you wait so that you will become so frustrated that you will just accept delivery of the car even if the passenger door is falling off its hinges. Or maybe this is how the logistics coordinator gets his/her kicks.

January order. Still waiting now says

Estimated Delivery: October 26 - November 15​

Really getting sick of this. No communication. Have texted called and get nothing. I hope this company gets some stiff competition soon and gets their act together.
I’m a Jan. order also MSM and also in CA. I got pushed out from EOQ to Oct. 20-Nov 9 and then moved in yesterday to Oct. 9-Oct. 29. Also no communication from Tesla this whole time.

I finally called my local SC and talked to an SA earlier this week. FWIW, she was super nice and said they have no cars at the store to sell so they’re all bored and happy to chat. She looked at what she could see in her system and said my car was scheduled for production next week. She said once it goes into production they can give a better estimate of when it will be delivered. I do think the SAs see more info than we do, but they have no control over the factor and Tesla operations are a mess. So I believe her that my car is scheduled to go into production but it’s anybody’s guess as to whether it’s going to happen…