Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I were to guess, some EDDs that are getting pushed back is because they might be starting to produce some X’s for this quarter. Only fair, IMO. They’ve been waiting just as long
that's not how it goes. It's a higher margin car they want it out before the old lr orders before the price increase. It's not about waiting, there are a reason people who ordered post price increase have their cars at a higher percentage than those who ordered 9 months ago

this company is utter sht. There is no tesla fan boy who can say otherwise. I will never buy a car from this company, especially since the car I ordered in feb still has no set date. Had September for a month after the guy here wrote a letter and magically got a car without the extra 10k. Then it goes oct 5-25. Today moved to Oct 26-November 17. I originally had until end of september to pick up but that has changed allowing me until end of november but now it still will not come. When on earth are these cars coming. It makes it insane that people with 1152 orders have their cars with the exact same build.I met someone in DC said he purchased his LR in aug, same build...He has his car and yet mine which is the lower margin of them does not. It seems completely disingenuous and all evidence points to them filling the post price increase orders. A black 19 cream lr 1145 should not still be missing.
To top it off there is no one to talk to about the constant delays.

The worst purchasing experience of my life and insane how they treat consumers.
Completely outrageous but the Tesla norm! They should be out of business!!

That's a tough pill to swallow. It's not like he can go to another dealer or buy a comparable car from another company.
If I knew it would take this long I would have bought something else in Feb and would have had the car by now. It's the fact that they say no no you'll have it next month. That has been happening literally since April. How is one supposed to know what dates are real and not. There is no excuse for someone with the exact same build in the same area have their car, when they ordered in Aug.. Only reason would be they want higher margin

Were not even talking about the opportunity cost lost on keeping the money aside for the eventual always one month away purchase that could have been invested. An its not like 90k is an insignificant amount to invest

Yep, I got moved from EOQ, to Oct 18-Nov 8, and this AM: Oct 28-Nov 17. I will have to reapply for my loan.

I am sticking by my theory that they are working out some quality issues, issues they had little concern about while meeting their EOQ targets. I am okay with that, as I still have my 75D for a couple of months. I feel bad for others and understand.

Oct 8 - 28 to oct 28 - nov 17

Attachments

• 1633186564539.gif
    1633186564539.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
Yep, I got moved from EOQ, to Oct 18-Nov 8, and this AM: Oct 28-Nov 17. I will have to reapply for my loan.

I am sticking by my theory that they are working out some quality issues, issues they had little concern about while meeting their EOQ targets. I am okay with that, as I still have my 75D for a couple of months. I feel bad for others and understand.
Sir (madam?), Tesla has zero concerns about quality issues! They are very aware most show up with a 6 page inspection checklist, yet they usually state "within specs", whose specs. They have incredible demand, so they do whatever they please and especially since "we" allow them to get away with it. Their genius may not really be a genius after all since this will surely bite them, soon. Good luck to all...

• Disagree
Reactions: cwanja and MaxPain
Completely outrageous but the Tesla norm! They should be out of business!!

I have a M3 and can't wait to get my MS. Tesla vehicles are like no other out there - no comparison. But the Tesla brand leaves me with an impression of lies. It begins at the top. False promises, price fluctuations weeks apart, and of course these EDDs.

Where are all the roadsters that were supposed to be out in 2020 or the Semis? Robo taxis? Cross country FSD, lol. I have FSD and they aren't even close to where it has to be to get you across the city (unless you go in a straight line), let alone across the country. I've almost been in countless accidents before I had to disengage FSD. My wife won't even let me use it anymore and I have no reason to argue.

I'm happy for all those who have gotten their car with summer orders, but it's a mockery that winter and even 2020 orders are not all delivered by now. Tesla has shot the loyalty card out of orbit for me and many others.

I have a M3 and can't wait to get my MS. Tesla vehicles are like no other out there - no comparison. But the Tesla brand leaves me with an impression of lies. It begins at the top. False promises, price fluctuations weeks apart, and of course these EDDs.

Where are all the roadsters that were supposed to be out in 2020 or the Semis? Robo taxis? Cross country FSD, lol. I have FSD and they aren't even close to where it has to be to get you across the city (unless you go in a straight line), let alone across the country. I've almost been in countless accidents before I had to disengage FSD. My wife won't even let me use it anymore and I have no reason to argue.

I'm happy for all those who have gotten their car with summer orders, but it's a mockery that winter and even 2020 orders are not all delivered by now. Tesla has shot the loyalty card out of orbit for me and many others.
Amen!!!!!

Sir (madam?), Tesla has zero concerns about quality issues! They are very aware most show up with a 6 page inspection checklist, yet they usually state "within specs", whose specs. They have incredible demand, so they do whatever they please and especially since "we" allow them to get away with it. Their genius may not really be a genius after all since this will surely bite them, soon. Good luck to all...
I cannot agree with this, but I certainly understand. This is my 5th Tesla and so far, so good. As far as the throngs of people with extensive checklists, remember that in spite of that, most find only a couple of issues on those lists, and many find none. On top of that, Tesla, for the most part, has completed repairs. There are a few major exceptions, but again, few.
Tesla’s major issue is their incredibly sh**ty communication. I mean, abysmal. Again, I am lucky in that I am not in a hurry.

this company is utter sht. There is no tesla fan boy who can say otherwise. I will never buy a car from this company, especially since the car I ordered in feb still has no set date. Had September for a month after the guy here wrote a letter and magically got a car without the extra 10k. Then it goes oct 5-25. Today moved to Oct 26-November 17. I originally had until end of september to pick up but that has changed allowing me until end of november but now it still will not come. When on earth are these cars coming. It makes it insane that people with 1152 orders have their cars with the exact same build.I met someone in DC said he purchased his LR in aug, same build...He has his car and yet mine which is the lower margin of them does not. It seems completely disingenuous and all evidence points to them filling the post price increase orders. A black 19 cream lr 1145 should not still be missing.
To top it off there is no one to talk to about the constant delays.

The worst purchasing experience of my life and insane how they treat consumers.
Mine is 1152 $80k LR. I ordered July 02 and just got pushed back from my steady date of Nov 11 -Dec 01 to exactly 2 weeks later of Nov 26 - Dec 16. It’s very annoying to me that if I ordered a Plaid I would have had it 2 months ago but ultimately there’s nothing better for that $80k so I’m still just waiting….

The hardest part for me is that I already sold my 3 Performance expecting this to be delivered in a timely manner and am kicking myself for it.

Reactions: MEL-22

Also M3 owner. The only reason to stay with tesla for me is the SC network. So many good EVs coming. Do I need a car that goes 0 to 60 in 3 sec? 4sec in my M3 is plenty

Need the car to flip back in the market. By the time it ever comes it will be 2023 and the price increases will have jumped price up 30k.. You ordered in July basically. When you have waited this long then talk. I also would only cancel if I was guaranteed my deposit back. Remember back when orders like us ordered we were given April dates
If that’s how you really feel, you should of cancelled when they failed to deliver the car on your original date. The fact that you’re still here waiting is on you. We as consumers have the power to dictate a company’s future. If I have to wait a year to get my car, then so be it. First world problems.

That's a tough pill to swallow. It's not like he can go to another dealer or buy a comparable car from another company.
It’s his choice as it is ours. You can easily go purchase a Raven MS or P3 literally right now if you want a Tesla

Need the car to flip back in the market. By the time it ever comes it will be 2023 and the price increases will have jumped price up 30k.. You ordered in July basically. When you have waited this long then talk. I also would only cancel if I was guaranteed my deposit back. Remember back when orders like us ordered we were given April dates
I see you’re a speculator. Your deposit is $100.00, your stress causing more damage to your health than your deposit amount. It
Won’t even cover the visit to a doctor. You said you will never buy from this company ever but still insisting to buy. It doesn’t make sense. You should just cancel it so someone else who really cares about the company and believe In it’s product can get theirs. It is what it is, there are more people wants to have Tesla than Tesla can manufacture.

RN1145 (white/black/19) - got VIN (MF447) last weekend with est delivery sept 27-30. Called tesla, they said very likely to get it by 30th, so scrambled to setup financing etc. On sept 29th the date changed to Oct 1-7. Called tesla, they said its in production now and expect it any day. Today the date changed to Oct 4-9. Let's see how far it keeps sliding

Reactions: mdk89135
Exactly. Many many aspects of this company is just pure sugar with a capital S. SUGAR. The products and the quality are good/excellent/horrendous/cutting edge/amazing/head scratching and terrible, all at the same time. Yet, many of us, self included, opt in for the abuse. LOL. I’m sure we would not put up with any other car manufacturers for the similar issues but why do we with all the Tesla sugar? 😂😂😂

I like our M3LR (with its perfect Tesla imperfections and all) and I’m sure I will ”like” the new MSLR, but I don’t “love” Tesla. Having had LS, S, E, A8, 750, ML and many other cars, none have been as frustrating of an experience from a relational or a quality perspective (well maybe I’m not counting the bad transmission on the MB E). I hope Tesla does get their sugar more together and for others to catch up technolog-wise. I will wait for my MSLR and see what happens but would be willing to trade off some of the technology/coolness for better experience/luxury/build quality perhaps for the likes of the EQS next time around.

sorry for the long rant - now back to the regularly scheduled programming - so….. joined the club today. my EDD too got pushed a few weeks and is now 11/5-11/25. No biggie as I don’t need a car right away. Plus getting a 2022 VIN would be more likely now. But the whole schizophrenic EDD schedule is just laughable. Same experience from my M3LR delivery.

On a somewhat related note, given that I will have more EVs to charge, I decided to install the wall charger with its full 48 amp charging glory along with a new 100amp sub panel. WOW - almost a life chang event…. Couldn’t be more pleased.

this concludes the rant and updates for now.…

Reactions: burnside