Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RN1145 (white/black/19) - got VIN (MF447) last weekend with est delivery sept 27-30. Called tesla, they said very likely to get it by 30th, so scrambled to setup financing etc. On sept 29th the date changed to Oct 1-7. Called tesla, they said its in production now and expect it any day. Today the date changed to Oct 4-9. Let's see how far it keeps sliding

I'm in the same date range bucket. Still "in production".

Tesla Q3 2021 Vehicle Production & Deliveries
Oct 2, 2021

AUSTIN, Texas, October 2, 2021 – In the third quarter, we produced approximately 238,000 vehicles and delivered over 240,000 vehicles. We would like to thank our customers for their patience as we work through global supply chain and logistics challenges.

Reactions: Pdubs
August 09: EDD = Blank
August 10: EDD = Oct 11 - Oct 31
August 12: EDD = Sept 22 - Sept 30
August 13: EDD = Sept 11 - Sept 30
August 15: EDD = Sept 06 - Sept 26
August 17: EDD = Sept 04 - Sept 24
August 18: EDD = Sept 19 - Sept 30
August 19: EDD = Sept 18 - Sept 30
August 28: EDD = Sept 10 - Sept 24
September 2: EDD = Sept 18 - Sept 30
September 13: EDD = Oct 15 - Nov 04
September 20: EDD = Oct 04 - Oct 24
October 02: EDD = Oct 25 - Nov 14

I had a vin and a delivery date set for sept 30th, the vin disappeared and now it’s Oct 4th -20th. I ordered this car back in April. MSLR WHITE, Black, 19s.
Well my VIN still here, still MF, but delayed from EOQ to Oct 2 to 7, holding steady so far.

You'll likely get a NF VIN though so that's a good thing.

I'd trade my MF for NF and a later EDD.

Reactions: cwanja
How did u order in june and get it before us? Plaid or LR?
I haven't been reporting our status, but like others we ordered in mid June, and had various delivery dates from Sept- Nov. Mostly Oct. then last week EDD went to Sept 27-30. Got the text Please pay now, the car is available just this last Sunday- VIN- MF443xxx

Just got back from picking our new MS LR up in Scottsdale. As near as I can tell, it's about as perfect as it can be, there are a few ripples in the rear seats, but I don't think I'm going to complain - I'll take a closer look in the morning it was getting dark when we were inspecting the seats. And unfortunately it started raining and whipping up the dust just as we finished looking over the exterior.

The hands off delivery was odd- my phone auto connected when we got there to their guest wifi, but the signal wasn't strong enough to get the data to load. I finally realized it and switched off the wifi, then everything loaded- we gained access to the car- paired the phone and the key fobs. Accepted delivery and signed a few papers for DMV, POA etc. All good.

All the mats and privacy cover were included in the car - Paint looked as good as I've ever seen on a Tesla- I think they got their act together this time. No rattles or squeaks, Seats all worked, It's quiet and very sporty - Big improvement over our now over 7 year old Model S. Only thing that's a "downgrade" from the older S is the much much smaller Frunk. I knew it would be smaller than the RWD '14 but I guess I didn't realize its even smaller than the Dual motor '15s Frunk . It's useful for small items now.

The new car is however, more efficient too- used about 10% less energy than the '15MS coming back to Tucson from Scottsdale, My wife and I were driving the same in a line.

So what don't I like? Only 2 things so far:
1. I don't see ( and maybe it's just I haven't found it yet) Creep mode. Maybe it's not complete yet?
2. I'm going to miss enhanced AP's lane change feature. I hope Tesla offers some way to get lane change on signal to be part of AP for all of us.

As for the yoke, It will take some getting used to when making a greater than 90 degree turn, which I do every time I come into our neighborhood. Otherwise, it's actually quite easy to use and the view of the instrument panel is great... The turn signals on the wheel worked well, except for one thing, when changing lanes - at least for now- you have to turn it back off. I suspect they will fix that sometime in the future sw update.

AP worked well, cameras calibrated in < 10 miles but I hadn't enabled Autosteer- so I had to pull over and put it into park, enable auto steer and then all was good.

The cabin is much quieter than our other Models S's

Ours was delivered with Pirelli's

They made almost 9K model S cars last quarter. The people in this forum account for a small fraction of new owners.
Tesla Q3 2021 Vehicle Production & Deliveries
Oct 2, 2021

AUSTIN, Texas, October 2, 2021 – In the third quarter, we produced approximately 238,000 vehicles and delivered over 240,000 vehicles. We would like to thank our customers for their patience as we work through global supply chain and logistics challenges.

Sept 9-30 came and went, now oct -2 thru 30. Maybe biden will implement a tax credit on EV’s bought after sept 30. that is the only reason i am not screaming out loud, just inside.
There are EV credit items in the infrastructure bill but 2 dem senators are opposed to the size of the bill. Some dems say the bill will be reduced so some items for sure to be sacrificed.
Most of the time presidents have little to do with crafting bills, they push it along and sign.

Reactions: MEL-22
Well, that was exciting. I checked through my phone app and it suddenly said Prepare For Delivery! When I got home from work and opened my order page on a computer, I realized that it said that because my loan offer had expired and they wanted me to click to run it again. I called Tesla and the rep said he would change it to all cash to avoid getting another hit on my credit which would expire again before I get the car anyway. So it's now all cash and sometime around Thanksgiving I will redo the loan part. Hopefully my edd remains where it is now. Dec 1 to Dec 21.

How did u order in june and get it before us? Plaid or LR?
Beats me- LR Model S by the way.

One of the first ones I guess. Maybe it helps that I'm closer to the west coast and this is my 4th Model S plus I referred about 13 people that bought cars in the last few years ( legit referrals of friends and family)

I did find one problem with the car this morning, The charge port door doesn't open when I press the button on the Wall Charger's handle. I don't know if it's HW or SW so I put in a service request We'll see if they sort it out remotely.

Reactions: MasterFung