Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the same camp with a new date today. Was 12/1-12/21 and now 12/13-12/31. My S.A. told me a while ago that I was slated for mid December and since then, it’s moved around a bit, but mostly held December. At least for the 2-3 weeks.

My EDD moved from 10/4-24 this morning to 10/12-11/9. Configuration in signature.

Important update: I ran into someone a few days ago who was visiting family near me (need to be vague so s/he doesn't get into trouble, who knows if Tesla will investigate 'leaks') who works inside the factory. S/he told me that after the EoQ rush, workers were given a few days off and the main assembly line had to shut down due to parts shortages; also advised that stamping and the paint shop were busy but they too were about to shut down due to no place to store body panels that were stacking up waiting for final assembly. Told me that the shutdown would be brief and they anticipated ramping back up later this week. This person told me that if I originally had an EDD before EoQ I would definitely get my car within the month. Cannot vouch for any of this but from what s/he described seemed to be in a position to give me real information. We'll see.

If this is true, don't see any downside of Tesla being transparent with customers about any of this, only upside - but that's not the way they roll.

At one point I asked if the X ramp-up was causing any of the delays, they rolled their eyes and said "no... good luck with that..." implying that X assembly was not happening any time soon.

I ordered in April. White with black interior, 19s no fsd. EDD for end of September, I had a vin that was taken away. The date was moved up to 10-1 to 10-15. Now it’s

October 09 - October 23​

My SA says it could realistically be mid November. I went and looked at bmws today, I just can’t do it. I’m waiting it out for the ms
Your patience will be rewarded sir.

Reactions: Ryanflynn
Still no date at all since 3rd week of August.

Emailed local service center a week ago, no response. Chatted online with someone, zero help.

Kind of at a loss here.

MSLR MSM/Black/no FSD. Order date 6/24, RN1152
You basically a month ahead of me. Your EDD date could pop at any moment or not for another 4-6 weeks. I think were all beholden to the shortage at this point. When new fabs come online next year, this will likely all end but until then... we are married to what happens in China/Taiwan which is ridiculous IMO.

My EDD moved from 10/4-24 this morning to 10/12-11/9. Configuration in signature.

Important update: I ran into someone a few days ago who was visiting family near me (need to be vague so s/he doesn't get into trouble, who knows if Tesla will investigate 'leaks') who works inside the factory. S/he told me that after the EoQ rush, workers were given a few days off and the main assembly line had to shut down due to parts shortages; also advised that stamping and the paint shop were busy but they too were about to shut down due to no place to store body panels that were stacking up waiting for final assembly. Told me that the shutdown would be brief and they anticipated ramping back up later this week. This person told me that if I originally had an EDD before EoQ I would definitely get my car within the month. Cannot vouch for any of this but from what s/he described seemed to be in a position to give me real information. We'll see.

If this is true, don't see any downside of Tesla being transparent with customers about any of this, only upside - but that's not the way they roll.

At one point I asked if the X ramp-up was causing any of the delays, they rolled their eyes and said "no... good luck with that..." implying that X assembly was not happening any time soon.
thumb_59867322_2524810420896340_986875950112455896_n-5317389808.jpg

Sigh moved from Oct 08 - 28 to Oct 20 - Nov 3
LR - MSM, white interior, 19" in Ontario, Canada. New EDD puts it at 11 months since I ordered jeez, not that I actually believe it.
I’m in a similar situation. Ordered 1/27 MSM black 19s. Order date moved from end Sept. to Oct 9-29 and more recently Oct 20-Nov 9.

I called the San Francisco SC yesterday to see if they had more info. They don’t, but the SA tried hard to upsell time to a Plaid. He said they have 15 Plaids in inventory right now. Tesla is messing with us trying to get us to spend more!

I’m in a similar situation. Ordered 1/27 MSM black 19s. Order date moved from end Sept. to Oct 9-29 and more recently Oct 20-Nov 9.

I called the San Francisco SC yesterday to see if they had more info. They don’t, but the SA tried hard to upsell time to a Plaid. He said they have 15 Plaids in inventory right now. Tesla is messing with us trying to get us to spend more!
The plaid is tempting for $15k more but not $40k or $50k.