Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has deliveries slowed? Are the 22’ yet? Not seeing alot of real activity in here like we had at the end of quarter last month. Trying to figure out if the next EDD wave 10/25-11/16 is actually going to happen or if we all are getting pushed? Update your sigs !!! I cant tell who has what order anymore to compare
"Update your signatures!" Says the member with no signature haha. PS, no 2022 model years yet.

Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 12.45.47 PM.png

I am going to sound like a broken record, but I can’t stand this. The fact that deliveries are taking longer than trade ins are accepted and longer than financing is approved means not checking those should do nothing for the queue. Why would I want a credit hit to get approved for financing (in my case I am pre approved already, but the point stands) to just have it expire and have to re do it again. Same with trade in. There is 0 chance anyone gets a car within a month of ordering. Why would I want my trade in value now? It means nothing for me

Ahh the woes of Tesla ordering. But damn is it always worth it haha
Actually, I got my MS less than a month after ordering it. Ordered 9/28 and delivered on 10/13. As for trade-in’s, the prices are very decent on used cars right now. Just wait till you receive EDD and go get a quote from CarMax. Tesla always low ball you on trade-in’s.

You are a super, super unique case. There are people with orders nearing or over a year old.
Gee… You know that first time I saw a MS Plaid it was 2 months ago and sitting in front of a Tesla store in CA (available for sale). That’s when I started to contemplate getting a MS and struck up a conversation with my SA. So, for me, it seemed that the inventory isn’t super constrained. Not like the MY at least… I just placed another order for a MY for my spouse and the EDD is out to April. Fingers crossed that Tesla has a fantastic 4th qtr and pulls in these pending MY orders.

Reactions: cwanja
Gee… You know that first time I saw a MS Plaid it was 2 months ago and sitting in front of a Tesla store in CA (available for sale). That’s when I started to contemplate getting a MS and struck up a conversation with my SA. So, for me, it seemed that the inventory isn’t super constrained. Not like the MY at least… I just placed another order for a MY for my spouse and the EDD is out to April. Fingers crossed that Tesla has a fantastic 4th qtr and pulls in these pending MY orders.

Did you get a plaid? Either way seems super unique! I almost went with the plaid solely to get it sooner

I just noticed that my trade-in has disappeared from my Tesla account. It used to appear as a line item in the payment method list, but it's no longer there. I didn't remove it, but I guess it makes sense because my car probably won't be delivered for another 4 months.

1634411609820.png

RN1149 -- Interesting update on my order today and it looks like another person above had it as well. Last night i was Oct 17->Nov 11, today I am Oct 19-> Nov 2.

Hopefully, this means Tesla is going to be trying to get folks 'on the cusp' of the CA Clean Fuel reward decrease (Nov 2nd) their cars before it hits. On Nov 2, the CFR goes from $1500 to $750, so all of us will need to pony up $750 more.

No VIN Yet

Actually, I got my MS less than a month after ordering it. Ordered 9/28 and delivered on 10/13. As for trade-in’s, the prices are very decent on used cars right now. Just wait till you receive EDD and go get a quote from CarMax. Tesla always low ball you on trade-in’s.

How is it possible you received a car within 3 weeks? Someone backed out with your same config? Special relationship with an SA?

I just noticed that my trade-in has disappeared from my Tesla account. It used to appear as a line item in the payment method list, but it's no longer there. I didn't remove it, but I guess it makes sense because my car probably won't be delivered for another 4 months.

View attachment 722322
It usually disappears when the trade-in offer has expired and Tesla is asking you for the current odometer reading thro an email. Once you enter the trade-in valuation will be in process and you will get the new offer.

It usually disappears when the trade-in offer has expired and Tesla is asking you for the current odometer reading thro an email. Once you enter the trade-in valuation will be in process and you will get the new offer.
Yes I know. That's happened twice before. This time there is no request for a new odometer reading and no mention of a trade-in anywhere on my account.

I am going to sound like a broken record, but I can’t stand this. The fact that deliveries are taking longer than trade ins are accepted and longer than financing is approved means not checking those should do nothing for the queue. Why would I want a credit hit to get approved for financing (in my case I am pre approved already, but the point stands) to just have it expire and have to re do it again. Same with trade in. There is 0 chance anyone gets a car within a month of ordering. Why would I want my trade in value now? It means nothing for me

Ahh the woes of Tesla ordering. But damn is it always worth it haha
Very true...

Reactions: Pdubs and Btrflyl8e
I was concerned that deleting my trade-in request would do the opposite - change my price or date- so I hesitated doing it. Even though I did not delete the trade-in request, my EDD showed back up yesterday. So, perhaps its not deleting the trade-in info as much as Tesla just re-adding EDDs.
I've been in your shoes. The bottom line, given the delivery timing, or lack thereof, ultimately you need to do what is best for you, Tesla trade-in, cash, third party financing, Tesla financing, third party trade-in, etc... In the end, given the delays, I had to buy my Lexus off the lease and finance outside of Tesla via my bank (BoA) for preferred rates. Also, from a positive perspective, I've found that CarMax is willing to give me more, in cash, for my Lexus, than Tesla would in a trade-in, including the sales tax benefit...much more. I'm just fortunate to have the financing and options to do all this...

Reactions: Pdubs
Ive got a 1150 MSM/white/19s on order from early June in Florida, my date was blank until yesterday when it changed to Jan 6-26, then today it says Oct 30-Nov 11. Not sure if they got everything up and running much quicker, or if it was a glitch and tomorrow it will push me right back ….
And I'm still January/February 2022 and I ordered before you...in Tampa, FL...

Reactions: Pdubs and Jabbahop
Ive got a 1150 MSM/white/19s on order from early June in Florida, my date was blank until yesterday when it changed to Jan 6-26, then today it says Oct 30-Nov 11. Not sure if they got everything up and running much quicker, or if it was a glitch and tomorrow it will push me right back ….
You’re on the same timeframe as I am. Just brought you back to where I have been. Hopefully a good sign for both of us.