Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ORIENTATION

Question for all youze guys (and gals): A SA advised a pre-delivery Orientation with her personally. Never happened, what is it? I recall some have said it's virtual, at home, others have said in person as this SA said, but no more info. from her. Could someone kindly educate me? Delivery is scheduled in 5 days, yet the car is on a truck, having departed Birmingham, Alabama for West Palm Beach, Fl. which is about 10 hours or less. I suspect the car may arrive today, or for sure by mañana.

TIA...

ORIENTATION

Question for all youze guys (and gals): A SA advised a pre-delivery Orientation with her personally. Never happened, what is it? I recall some have said it's virtual, at home, others have said in person as this SA said, but no more info. from her. Could someone kindly educate me? Delivery is scheduled in 5 days, yet the car is on a truck, having departed Birmingham, Alabama for West Palm Beach, Fl. which is about 10 hours or less. I suspect the car may arrive today, or for sure by mañana.

TIA...
Basically walks through the car, functionality, settings, etc.

If you’ve watched any review, you probably know more if not the same amount of information they would give you. Plus come back here with any questions!

Wait is almost over!

Basically walks through the car, functionality, settings, etc.

If you’ve watched any review, you probably know more if not the same amount of information they would give you. Plus come back here with any questions!

Wait is almost over!
Many thx kind sir! The SA stated it was with her personally, yet a few brothers here stated it's virtual?? Is it a video? Actual hands on a "real" car? Has every owner been to one? Thx again @cwanja

Many thx kind sir! The SA stated it was with her personally, yet a few brothers here stated it's virtual?? Is it a video? Actual hands on a "real" car? Has every owner been to one? Thx again @cwanja
When I purchased in 2019, it was group presentation, video and probably images. I imagine that has not changed since it’s gone virtual. Not a real car since there’s no inventory models.

Now if it’s with her alone, day of delivery, it should be with your car specifically. Which means all those settings and what not should save to your profile.

If it’s your first Tesla, maybe take her up on the offer.

Reactions: MEL-22
When I purchased in 2019, it was group presentation, video and probably images. I imagine that has not changed since it’s gone virtual. Not a real car since there’s no inventory models.

Now if it’s with her alone, day of delivery, it should be with your car specifically. Which means all those settings and what not should save to your profile.

If it’s your first Tesla, maybe take her up on the offer.
Thx again; she clearly stated the delivery is "contactless" which I don't like! YES, I will go thru a checkless prior to acceptance; however, I have seen Tesla employees in the car with new owners, apparently walking them thru all the goodies, which is what I expect and want. Here on site now in WPB, just looking around. NO, my car is not yet here, but reading that it left BHM on a truck to here, it's under 10 hours usually. I plan to stop by tomorrow as well, knowing it's a safe bet I will see my car here way before anyone from Tesla alerts me. It's only 17 miles from home. Thx & later...

I got tired of waiting and ended up ordering a MYP, which has now has a late November EDD...but with this price increase I'm thinking it's smarter to just hold out for the car I really want (never cancelled my MS order, EDD is 1/8-2/5) and have some built in equity. Just hope that the Yoke doesn't end up being an issue, seems like most reviews are pretty positive.

Love the yoke!
I got tired of waiting and ended up ordering a MYP, which has now has a late November EDD...but with this price increase I'm thinking it's smarter to just hold out for the car I really want (never cancelled my MS order, EDD is 1/8-2/5) and have some built in equity. Just hope that the Yoke doesn't end up being an issue, seems like most reviews are pretty positive.

I got my MF452 Vin yesterday, black on black with 21's and no FSD and the car was pretty much perfect.

For all those who are doubting their purchase... the wait is worth it. I had my P85 RWD with no autopilot (because it didn't exist yet!) and I absolutely loved that car. This one? The new LR made my previous Model S seem like it was slow and virtually without tech in comparison. I still miss the smell of Napa Leather... but the new seats are FAR more comfortable.

Keep waiting folks. There's a reason its their flagship... I swear this feels faster than a P100D...

At the West Palm Beach delivery center today just looking around. My car is on a truck inbound and probably arrived moments after I left. I'll make the 25 minute journey tomorrow to see if it has arrived, simply because I feel sure I will not be notified for a few days knowing these fine folks.

No deliveries taking place this afternoon; I MS in my config. but with 19's, a few 3's and 2 Y's. The lot was otherwise empty. A quick photo of the MS LR, MSM/ White was looking good.

Attachments

• 20211023_151020.jpg
    20211023_151020.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 91
  • 20211023_150921.jpg
    20211023_150921.jpg
    752.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 20211023_150909.jpg
    20211023_150909.jpg
    610.3 KB · Views: 52
Oh man! I would love too and I live so close! We booked a hotel near Joshua tree Saturday and Sunday night, otherwise, I totally would!
Well, they delayed me -- tentatively for Friday 10/29 now (but they will ping me if it comes earlier, sounds like that does happen sometimes from this thread...) Man, getting a Tesla is like the cheese on a string, they keep pulling it away.

So, i could still use a ride over perhaps if you are game! :D

Last edited:
Here is what I got from my SA today… I sent him a follow up to clarify what does “back in the queue” mean hoping he’ll say as we assume, top of the list for local SC order fulfillment. I’ll confirm when I hear back.

“On the worst-case scenario, where you are not able to make it back in time to pick up your car, the VIN would be released, and you would go back into the queue to wait for the next VIN to be assigned to you. Once that VIN is assigned, we can provide you with a tighter delivery window at that time.”
Would Tesla move the pick up appointment as much as one week?
Alternatively, could someone else pick up the car for me?

Would Tesla move the pick up appointment as much as one week?
Alternatively, could someone else pick up the car for me?

My understanding is that only the person(s) on the title/paperwork can pick up the car. I have not confirmed this though, but I may need to exercise that option if possible.

My SA did say:

“To clarify your question, you could be rematched to a VIN within a couple of weeks, or it may be a month or two before another VIN is assigned. Hard to exactly say as I've seen both sides of things. In general, you should not be at the back of the wait list like you just placed a new order.”

My understanding is that only the person(s) on the title/paperwork can pick up the car. I have not confirmed this though, but I may need to exercise that option if possible.

My SA did say:

“To clarify your question, you could be rematched to a VIN within a couple of weeks, or it may be a month or two before another VIN is assigned. Hard to exactly say as I've seen both sides of things. In general, you should not be at the back of the wait list like you just placed a new order.”
I also have RN1153 with your exact spec ordered a few days earlier than you and my EDD just changed to February March. Good luck. I hope you can keep your delivery date.

Reactions: EVTag