Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you tell by the VIN what month the MS was built or the finest granularity is just year?

My order # RN11505 was in May and EDD shows as early as 11/8. I wonder how many of these cars were built early in the year, and sitting outside waiting for the supply chain to catch up with the parts they need to finish them off...
You can tell by the VIN. Ask your sales advisor.

date moved from 26-15 to nov 9-december 4. We know its not coming at the beginning of that now so why even change the nov 15. Feb early 1145 black crm fsd (which i'm canceling now) 19s (our lives don't matter).

Not surprised, and frankly do not think the car is coming before april. Ill keep the order but will not be able to accept as I will be out of country on dec 7th. I will hopefully be able to delay delivery, but likely will lose the car and look at lucid or a nice gas guzzler. I at this point am done with this company which is an utter failure for this process.

The fact that orders pre 10k+ hike are just being shafted for margin purposes is ludicrous and all the evidence points to it. We will likely see more vins here from people with summer orders. This company is utter *sugar* and I will likely never order a vehicle from here especially that they are raising prices short term. No car is worth this. Feb 3rd fn order, wild.

They can make the cars, they do not want to deliver to people who ordered pre price hikes. And late vins with similar builds are the only thing you need to look to

And yet TSLA is now valued at over $1T, one of only a few companies on the planet to be in that rare air. Oh, and the recent run up in the stock has enabled me to buy a Model Y for free, which was ordered yesterday :) Thanks TSLA!
I’ve gotten my share of free Tesla vehicles too. Just because they have an insane valuation doesn’t mean anything to me in the practical, real world.

First trillion dollar company with the lowest revenue in history.

Thanks for the free cars, but they still need to get their act together.

Reactions: Jabbahop
What was the base price of your car? I bought mine right after the first $5K increase and I think it was like a day or two after. Is it possible that you were before the hikes and that has something to do with it? Maybe trying to front load higher margin orders before end of the year?
I ordered mine right after the price increase as well. Furthermore the EDD just move back again: March 07 - April 04

I called Tesla about this, and they said that my account is complete and okay and that I could get delivery sooner but couldn't say when. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• 1635346980781.png
    1635346980781.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
What's crazy to me is that you basically ordered in October and have a January delivery date. Really makes me doubt the "June" they are listing on the website...

But the EDDs really are strange and seem to be all over the place... It's also strange when some EDDs shift and others just sit stagnate with no rhythm or reason whatsoever. Makes me think this is a very rudimentary system.
Spoke to soon for me. Got moved to 16Feb-16Mar in the last hour. I'm just going to stop checking for awhile.. (Who am I fooling? lol)

• Funny
Reactions: BruinIvy and Tigers
You guys are killing me with all your dates changing at the last minute. So of course I had to check mine again. Thankfully it is still "Estimated Delivery: November 08 - November 20".

I have to be honest, if my car was built early in the year, and just sat on a lot for quite a few months in the sun, I'll likely punt and get a "fresher" car. I've waited this long, what is another month or 3? As it is, it may show up when I am on a business trip with no chance of picking it up anyway.

Same here. EDD just changed from February to Nov 21 - Dec 19
View attachment 726292

Mine changed from Feb to Dec 22 - 31. Seems like I am gonna celebrate Xmas/NY around costa mesa delivery center.

So someone mentioned that Feb pattern (EDD changed to Feb, 2022 and within 48 hrs you were given another similar EDD as previous one but with a shorter period), that seems to be true.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Tigers