Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got tired of the EDD games so I decided to call my SA. Low and behold there were some LR available in southern California and he matched me to a vin MF453XXX build date 10/20, White/Cream/21" OD 8/1/21. Caveat is you may have to be a bit flexible with color as I initially ordered MSM and there was only White, Black, or Blue. If you are flexible I would call at least a couple of times a week.

I got tired of the EDD games so I decided to call my SA. Low and behold there were some LR available in southern California and he matched me to a vin MF453XXX build date 10/20, White/Cream/21" OD 8/1/21. Caveat is you may have to be a bit flexible with color as I initially ordered MSM and there was only White, Black, or Blue. If you are flexible I would call at least a couple of times a week.
5s28ym.jpg

Sounds good, but do you have to pay the price difference if your orignal order was placed before price hike?

Reactions: chrisdh79
E-mailed my SA after my EDD was pushed back on Sunday and she stated that it looks like my S is slated to be built in the beginning of November but will take around 2 weeks to get to Michigan. She said once it is built she will let me know real timing of delivery and she will also let me know build date. If this is true then at least it is closer to my newer EDD.

What about the price? Did it go up.

P.S. you can "easily" see the trunk interior on the right side!

Forgot to mention - rubber weatherstripping on the frunk left side sticking up 1" near the windshield. The drivers seat looks like knife cuts along perforations in the ventilated seat. Right rear seat also defective.

How can these issues not be seen by QC? There is QC, isn't there??
maybe the cost of fixing everything is much higher than the cost of fixing only for those that actually request it? Perhaps those that aren't on this discussion are just happy to accept it versus being delayed because it had to be fixed. Dunno, and I agree that these defects are no good, especially for a 100K+ car that customers have waited nearly a year for.

maybe the cost of fixing everything is much higher than the cost of fixing only for those that actually request it? Perhaps those that aren't on this discussion are just happy to accept it versus being delayed because it had to be fixed. Dunno, and I agree that these defects are no good, especially for a 100K+ car that customers have waited nearly a year for.
I'm simply in shock with this entire experience; I badly want to accept and love this product! The factual issues from day 1 and especially now at delivery make my experience rather unique, and not in a positive way. Cmon Tesla, just do the right thing! Is that asking too much? Thx for your reply!!

Reactions: TheMacc
E-mailed my SA after my EDD was pushed back on Sunday and she stated that it looks like my S is slated to be built in the beginning of November but will take around 2 weeks to get to Michigan. She said once it is built she will let me know real timing of delivery and she will also let me know build date. If this is true then at least it is closer to my newer EDD.
So she lied to you?

• Disagree
Reactions: cwanja
I have recently had my sales location changed from Deham, Ma. to Peabody Ma. Does anybody have a contact for a S. A. At the Peabody, Ma. Location? Ihave never been there and had no luck in contacting an S. A. From there. Thanks.
I’ll refer you to this post above:

Post in thread '2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking'

• Funny
Reactions: donandersonjr
I got a "credit offer expired, resubmit your credit application" warning when I signed into my tsla account today. Just curious if it's gonna affect the delivery time? My EDD is still a month away (Dec 22-31).

I'm in the middle of a home mortgage application (funding in a few days). I guess I will have to resubmit tsla credit application after mortgage loan closing.

Hello from Macomb and Go Green! You picking up in Clarkston?

I’ll refer you to this post above:

Post in thread '2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking'
Ironically my delivery location is ALSO Peabody instead of Dedham @MyT-S and I too have never been able to raise a soul on the phone there.

The folks at the Tesla on Boylston downtown were quite helpful. Some of the help came in the form of their own clear frustration about lack of information. I take what I can get.

ETA; and obviously I’m not driving to effing Peabody for an update. I barely want to go there to get my car.

Reactions: donandersonjr