Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am Nov 3-Dec 1. Shared this earlier but went to a Tesla store this week and the associate there told me I was on the build plan for 3rd week of November. Based on that arrival up here December 3-10. So my guess is both of us will hit the window and…. Nothing will happen.
I had to run one of the kids to the Natick Mall yesterday and stopped into the store to see if there was any insight they would provide. I pulled up the app to show them my RN, and the SA saw my 11/10 to 12/5 EDD and said "You'll likely get bumped back a few more times". Ugghhh. I asked about when I should apply for financing via a 3rd party, and he said once I receive a VIN, I'll have enough time to take care of it.

I had to run one of the kids to the Natick Mall yesterday and stopped into the store to see if there was any insight they would provide. I pulled up the app to show them my RN, and the SA saw my 11/10 to 12/5 EDD and said "You'll likely get bumped back a few more times". Ugghhh. I asked about when I should apply for financing via a 3rd party, and he said once I receive a VIN, I'll have enough time to take care of it.
I got my VIN the day before delivery. You may not have enough time.

Reactions: MEL-22
Did the SA explain why he believes that?

Reactions: Bleedblue82
In 2015 when I received my MS 90P delivery service was a little different - white glove treatment- also, only waited 6 months. On the other hand, that car was about $145,000.

Attachments

• 2EDE6617-E7DC-491F-A695-B2B3BF723F69.jpeg
    2EDE6617-E7DC-491F-A695-B2B3BF723F69.jpeg
    300.8 KB · Views: 88
That is what I am concerned about. A voice mail at 4pm on a Friday that my car is ready and can be picked up before 6.
I think the time between VIN assignment and delivery has to consider transit time. For CA delivery close to Fremont, 1 day may be doable. For me in PA, VIN assignment to delivery was 12 days. Since you are in MA, I’m thinking you’ll have plenty of time. Just my two cents.

That’s obnoxious! Did they check any systems or just hit you with that off the cuff? If the latter I wouldn’t really believe it. Based on the spreadsheets I think there are a lot of blue cars slated for production soon. Even aligns with deliveries in the past few weeks - lots of white and a little red. Hang in there. Hopefully we will both be getting our cars soon!

The one time I got through to someone at Tesla, he told me that their financial approval/disapproval only takes about 20 minutes or so. I've not yet tried it myself since I'm expecting a 2024 delivery at this point.

Reactions: donandersonjr
That’s obnoxious! Did they check any systems or just hit you with that off the cuff? If the latter I wouldn’t really believe it. Based on the spreadsheets I think there are a lot of blue cars slated for production soon. Even aligns with deliveries in the past few weeks - lots of white and a little red. Hang in there. Hopefully we will both be getting our cars soon!
When he heard I didn't have a VIN, he pulled away from the computer. Hopefully soon...

Anyone else’s order change to “Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned.”

6/16 order date, RN1151…, MSM, black / black, 21”, FSD.
Mine says that now as well. Maybe they're trying to forestall all of our SA calls/texts/emails. Really does seem like there is some sort of batch production logic (Midwest, Northeast, etc) that supersedes purely going by order date (btw, we have identical config, RN, and order date!).

Anyone else’s order change to “Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned.”

6/16 order date, RN1151…, MSM, black / black, 21”, FSD.
Mine says that now as well. Maybe they're trying to forestall all of our SA calls/texts/emails. Really does seem like there is some sort of batch production logic (Midwest, Northeast, etc) that supersedes purely going by order date (btw, we have identical config, RN, and order date!).
Without a screenshot from a few weeks ago, I am pretty certain that was always the language on that page. What is new is that they have a ‘TBD’ as a date range.

Without a screenshot from a few weeks ago, I am pretty certain that was always the language on that page. What is new is that they have a ‘TBD’ as a date range.
1635701315390.png

Used to say this in the long ago days when I had a lovely January EDD...Now, in the dark February-March days it says this:
1635701360527.png

Probably means nothing, but as we sit and wait for cars I guess we obsess over little details!

• Informative
Reactions: Cyb_ and cwanja
View attachment 727774
Used to say this in the long ago days when I had a lovely January EDD...Now, in the dark February-March days it says this:
View attachment 727775
Probably means nothing, but as we sit and wait for cars I guess we obsess over little details!
There we go. Thanks for setting that straight!

Biggest line is ‘we will reach out to schedule delivery when your VIN is assigned’.

Reactions: SamDaButcher
There we go. Thanks for setting that straight!

Biggest line is ‘we will reach out to schedule delivery when your VIN is assigned’.
That specific language is very important to point out. Great point. The lingo on my account page for the longest time has been the more vague language. It now says, as of the last EDD shift a few days ago: "Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned" Love seeing the word "VIN" :)