Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
can I ask a favor
I know there are thousands of posts regarding deliveries of LR MS. I kindly ask to know the majority of current or recent deliveries are for what order dates ranges. Cause when i read that a nov 20 order got delivered yesterday and a jan order has EED in nov I felt my may order will take six month more at least to the point I am thinking of buying a 2020 MS and trading it in for the new one when it comes out. I really appreciate your input and advise.
7+ months and counting….I debated the same as this 1 car for 2 adults is getting old but never ordered as I kept (and still am) holding out hope that it’s coming soon…straightforward build. Current EDD 11/4-11/28

No one can give you those exact specifics.
1. RNs and deliveries do not sync and equate to deliveries.
2. Deliveries depend on a ton - logistics, parts, factory input and output, etc. Without your order details, beyond the month you ordered, no one can help you.

With a May order, you probably are looking at a November or December delivery, baring no part shortage issues (namely the white seats, which is also getting better). Tesla has every incentive to deliver you a car and consider it for Q4 financials.
So Tesla has Q4 financials for goals. So forget all the Jan - Aug orders and start filling the +$10K orders, Oh wait forget them and go to the front of the line and fill the +$15K. Before that it was the 21" +$4500. Forget the customer.

So Tesla has Q4 financials for goals. So forget all the Jan - Aug orders and start filling the +$10K orders, Oh wait forget them and go to the front of the line and fill the +$15K. Before that it was the 21" +$4500. Forget the customer.
You're thinking the wrong side of the margin. Their goal isn't to sell the most expensive cars, it's to make the least expensive cars.

The folks in the factory have no idea of what the sticker price is on the vehicle. They just want to make it as quickly as possible with the least amount of loss to errors. The sales org is completely divorced from this process, so they have almost no say in the production ordering, good or bad.

Im
First vehicles to get 4680s will be Ys produced in Berlin for the Euro market Won't see 4680s in the USA for another 2-3 years according to my SA.
think there’s no cybertruck nor semi without the 4680s. I think roadster too. I imagine they would come first, higher margin I’d guess. I then would guess there would be either a plaid plus or some other designation to differentiate, and charge more. Just my .02. It is Tesla, so expect the reverse.

Just hit the top of my 1 month window and the date shoved back to Nov 17-27. Exactly in line with what someone from the call center told me to expect a couple weeks back. I take it as a good sign.

Talk about ungrateful though: now I want a ‘22 VIN. Fool me once with a late November delivery and current model year, Tesla…

Mine is Nov 14-Nov 28 and will only accept a ‘22 VIN now. If I was leasing, I would not care.