Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My early August order (RN1154) continues to hold at Dec 12 to Jan 1 -- where it's been for the last 5 weeks. Still don't believe it, and think I'll end up in Feb or so, unless there's some crazy line hopping for us Fremont-factory locals at EOQ4 rush time.

They are usually extremely minor and inconsequential things. Think changing a screw head format for faster installation, or changing the stitch size on the seats to sew faster. It's usually not stuff that you'd ever notice or care about. The more substantial changes are relatively few and far between.
When I did a factory tour many years ago, that's what they said--many, many changes per week.

The engineer's desks were quite close to the assembly line. So someone building the cars could grab an engineer, point out something that would be better or easier to manufacture, and the engineer could go back to his computer to make the change. As you said, it could be as simple as changing the length of a bolt. I'm guessing it's not quite that simple, but that's the way it was explained on the tour.

I seem to remember Elon commenting about this awhile back. He thought the immediate feedback loop by having the designers and builders next to each other was very valuable.

RN1145 EDD has been steady for the past 5 days at nov 11-nov 24th. Was Oct 31-Nov 28 prior for weeks. No VIN yet.

MS LR white/white/21/fsd ordered feb 20.
I ordered the same configuration on 2/21. My EDD just changed yesterday to Nov 11-20. We may be close to getting these things!

They are usually extremely minor and inconsequential things. Think changing a screw head format for faster installation, or changing the stitch size on the seats to sew faster. It's usually not stuff that you'd ever notice or care about. The more substantial changes are relatively few and far between.
Thank you. I figured it would be small, behind the scenes stuff, like screws etc., which makes a lot of sense. I’m also guessing they may change tolerances or other minor tweaks. Thank you!

My early August order (RN1154) continues to hold at Dec 12 to Jan 1 -- where it's been for the last 5 weeks. Still don't believe it, and think I'll end up in Feb or so, unless there's some crazy line hopping for us Fremont-factory locals at EOQ4 rush time.
I have an RN1154 as well. Ordered July 30. However my EDD changed about a week ago to March 9- April 9

• Informative
Reactions: planetary
Not to stir up the pot, but just talked to a friend of mine. She lives in San Diego and just picked up her Plaid yesterday. MSM with cream interior.

Want to guess when she ordered? Oct. 27th. Either she got someone else’s reject or Tesla is truly prioritizing Plaid over LR

Reactions: Ovrt23
Not to stir up the pot, but just talked to a friend of mine. She lives in San Diego and just picked up her Plaid yesterday. MSM with cream interior.

Want to guess when she ordered? Oct. 27th. Either she got someone else’s reject or Tesla is truly prioritizing Plaid over LR
Of course they are. Why wouldn’t they?

I think we can get mixed up here in this thread around what we are all mad about. I thought we were mad that Tesla is the absolute pits at communication, routinely changes EDDs with no explanation, and it’s impossible to get a human to explain to you what’s happening. I guess I’m also a little annoyed at being delayed from September to November.

On the other hand, being mad about Tesla prioritizing higher margin products doesn’t seem fair. Especially because they have continued to honor sales agreements made at substantially lower prices. I am not a lawyer but nothing in my order agreement suggests to me Tesla can’t unilaterally change the price.

In summary: be mad at the chaos and disorganization! Don’t be mad at capitalism (or, I mean, be mad at it, whatever, just seems tiring).

Definitely someone's cancellation. Also she missed the 2022 VIN by a few weeks. Nov 1st+ builds are NF VIN's.