Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did but I gave up. Back in September when I had an EOQ EDD the SAs in my local SC were sure I’d get a car late September or early October. Obviously that didn’t happen.

At some point I may try pulling strings at corporate… or maybe just get an M3. I don’t know.
Ah youth. I remember 9 months ago when I was young, naive and full of hope….

I did but I gave up. Back in September when I had an EOQ EDD the SAs in my local SC were sure I’d get a car late September or early October. Obviously that didn’t happen.

At some point I may try pulling strings at corporate… or maybe just get an M3. I don’t
M3!!! About to sell my ‘21 M3LR to Carmax. Revived my old M3P reservation last night. Received EDD for that car this morning for 11/8-20. All due to this seemingly never ending wait game with my MS. 😂😂😂

Visited the nearest Tesla store today. Was told a few things by the very nice and helpful store associate: (1) There are no flags on my account so I should have an EDD by now. (2) She has a client with the exact specs of my car and she's noticed it's a hard combination to come by. (3) I made a pretty big error ordering the car online and not coming into the store. There might be some commission motivation there (?), but she said online orders get assigned virtual SAs and in her words "end up in a black hole." It's far better to order in a store. Her advice: Friends don't let friends buy Teslas through the website. Thought I'd pass that along; I thought everyone buys online.
She wrote an email to my virtual SA, Delivery Agent, and the store I chose for delivery asking someone to get back to me. We'll see. (RN1151 in case my sig doesn't show up)

Visited the nearest Tesla store today. Was told a few things by the very nice and helpful store associate: (1) There are no flags on my account so I should have an EDD by now. (2) She has a client with the exact specs of my car and she's noticed it's a hard combination to come by. (3) I made a pretty big error ordering the car online and not coming into the store. There might be some commission motivation there (?), but she said online orders get assigned virtual SAs and in her words "end up in a black hole." It's far better to order in a store. Her advice: Friends don't let friends buy Teslas through the website. Thought I'd pass that along; I thought everyone buys online.
She wrote an email to my virtual SA, Delivery Agent, and the store I chose for delivery asking someone to get back to me. We'll see. (RN1151 in case my sig doesn't show up)
I’ve called my local SC where I bought my M3LR where I had a SA. Since I ordered my MSLR online, no one could/would really help me to look into my account on the MS delivery date. A $100k car and no service. Was told to just check the website. What a bunch of steer sugar. But for the good tech and decent car, the rest of the company is just pure sugar.

Reactions: jackk
Visited the nearest Tesla store today. Was told a few things by the very nice and helpful store associate: (1) There are no flags on my account so I should have an EDD by now. (2) She has a client with the exact specs of my car and she's noticed it's a hard combination to come by. [trim] ... She wrote an email to my virtual SA, Delivery Agent, and the store I chose for delivery asking someone to get back to me. We'll see.
Credit to Tesla where it's due...I just got off the phone with my Delivery Agent. She called me. Said the EDDs and the VINs are assigned by the production team in Fremont and she has no better info for me. Could only say new MSLR orders deliver in June '22. Well, I knew all that.
I pressed for why so many others in my shoes have EDDs and I don't, and again, she said, Fremont does that. Could be my configuration or some other reason. She added that VINs come before EDDs...I just smiled to myself. So thanks for the prompt call, but no progress.

Credit to Tesla where it's due...I just got off the phone with my Delivery Agent. She called me. Said the EDDs and the VINs are assigned by the production team in Fremont and she has no better info for me. Could only say new MSLR orders deliver in June '22. Well, I knew all that.
I pressed for why so many others in my shoes have EDDs and I don't, and again, she said, Fremont does that. Could be my configuration or some other reason. She added that VINs come before EDDs...I just smiled to myself. So thanks for the prompt call, but no progress.
Wow….just….wow

Nothing about this post has been remotely close to my experience. I ordered online, never reached out to an SA nor had one reach out to me. I’ve had an EDD since day one. Granted, it’s been fluid, but I’ve had one. Tesla employees don’t get a commission. I just don’t know what to think about this post. Granted, I’m 4 bowls and two bottles in on the night, but even straight and sober I think I’d be slapping my head at this one.

Why is the excellent? Because they will move to 2022 now?

I plan on ordering a EV charger this week. Cost to install is about $600 in my area. Would Tesla Gen 3 be the best selection? Thanks!
The Gen 3 is by far the best bet. Totally compatible with the car and can deliver 48 amps. Any other Level 2 charger is more in the 30 amp range. Looks great. Works great. Decent price and easier/cheaper to install as it only needs 2 x 6 AWG wires and a ground (no neutral) so cabling can be cheaper as well.

Reactions: DBV1 and Fitz1414
I ordered in the store, and I don’t have a SA or any additional insight on the timing of my cars delivery.

LR people; i know u hear this now and then..but hear it again:

sometimes as I drive it I feel its more than I deserve. after 3500 miles I still have not come close to pushing it because its so damn fast that I let off as its still gathering steam. add in the yoke which I hope to never go back to a round steering (i'm 55 but adaptable!) and all the other features its again seemingly above my paygrade and I'm doing pretty well!

you guys will be in heaven soon enough so stay strong lol.