Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received VIN today and shorter delivery window of Nov. 21-25. Strange that they would use "Turkey Day" for delivery because Service Center is closed. I'll be a 1000 miles away that week with family. If they say it is ready for pickup 1-2 days before the holiday, will they let me pick it up after Thanksgiving? Geez, I've waited since Jan 8th for this car and it's my second MS. Friends / family think I'm crazy to wait this long for an EV.

why you don't have an EDD is that you ordered in June. most of us earlier orders have already gone through our Blank phase.
Such experience is why I stay tuned to this useful website...learn from the rest of you. But as this webpage shows, 15 people volunteered their info on June orders, including me. The other 14 people have EDDs.

For those tracking or curious what happens after vin receipt. My timeline is as follows. Eight days after receiving VIN I received a text and email shortly after to schedule delivery. This was yesterday late morning(Saturday). Scheduled delivery for first available date 11/17. This was the last day of my EDD spread so that was accurate. Almost immediately after scheduling I received an email asking to pay for the car. I am financing and plan to bring certified check the day of delivery. I guess I need to call delivery location and tell them I am bring a check.
First available delivery appointment was a week and a half later? Wow.

I received VIN today and shorter delivery window of Nov. 21-25. Strange that they would use "Turkey Day" for delivery because Service Center is closed. I'll be a 1000 miles away that week with family. If they say it is ready for pickup 1-2 days before the holiday, will they let me pick it up after Thanksgiving? Geez, I've waited since Jan 8th for this car and it's my second MS. Friends / family think I'm crazy to wait this long for an EV.
I imagine they will bend slightly more for the Thanksgiving holiday. But not at Christmas, too close to EoQ.

Reactions: Vinny860
Such experience is why I stay tuned to this useful website...learn from the rest of you. But as this webpage shows, 15 people volunteered their info on June orders, including me. The other 14 people have EDDs.
sure. same thing happened to most of us with earlier dates. some had a EDD. some didn't (like me I had almost 2 months with no EDD)... there's tons of sheets, idk about the one you just posted, there were larger ones, but most are a mess now. with a June order, maybe you can expect December, just remember there's still Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, April, May orders that haven't been filled yet.

Well, I thought I would miss this waiting room thread after taking delivery, and I do! I just wanted to pop by and say, after a few weeks of ownership and a couple thousand miles, this car is everything I hoped it would be. I waited 6 months for delivery and almost switched to a BMW, I'm so glad I held out!

Stay strong friends! It will be worth the wait :)

Apologies for this being slightly off topic - the seemingly never ending wait is driving me do silly things - as of this moring I officially joined the M3P EDD waiting room….

Due to all this wait on MSLR, I decided to see how much I can get for my ‘21 M3LR. Seems that with the new ev credit, resale value next year would not be as strong and present would be a good time to sell.

Carmax offered more than everything I had paid for on the M3LR including tax, acceleration boost, tint and front ppf. So it will be sold this week.

With M3LR to be sold, I Resurrected an old reservation on M3P last night. And my M3P EDD magically appeared this morning: 11/8 - 11/20.

Fingers crossed that I will also see ‘22 NF VINs soon, on both cars.
Update - The ‘21 M3LR is officially gone… waiting impatiently on the MSLR and M3P now.

You can call and ask if you can take delivery ealier

My EDD also just pushed to 12/5-31 from 11/16-12/6 (was here for the past 6 weeks)...Sucks...10 months and counting...
Wow, sorry to hear that. Same configuration as me, and you only ordered 4 days after me, but your delivery could be 4 months later. I know they build in batches, but seems like you should have been in an earlier batch!