Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you own a Tesla? This is not a 300 range car. They updated heatpump for winter efficiency and the wiper issue. I have a 1st model 3 2018 and even without heat pump etc I still get 275 range in winter all highway. The new Y that my friend has gets 90% of its range in the winter too. Just confused by your statement
I’m confused at your statement! I live up the road from you and I get 240 with my 2018 m3lr come winter time. I’m no speed demon either. I fully believe a 405 rated car is 300-350 in real world winter driving conditions.

Summer on the other hand - totally believe you’d get close to rating.

I got 240 miles out of my 2017 MS75D under "normal conditions". This new S is way more efficient with a much larger battery. I'll get close to 400 easy. To say this is a "300 mile" range car is just false.
I imagine in the winter it will be far worse. I don't know if the pack warming up will help (and reduce the blue unusable) or if that is still below warmer numbers. I know with drones and LiPo batteries, the cold is brutal including capacity and i'd say quicker voltage drops - like a pack will work fine and then nearly drop dead, so the voltage looks like it's falling off a cliff, in the warmer weather it is more like a decline.

Reactions: Missile Toad
Others may have replied so I will add that YES they will accommodate you. I had the same stress that the delivery day was finally set after I ordered in February and lo and behold, I was going to be in Switzerland. I spoke with a Tesla Executive directly who told me that our cars are custom ordered and will not be given to the 'next in line' if not picked up within three days as the contract says. Yes !!! We are CRAZY to wait this long BUT all of that will dissipate immediately on your first launch....
I'm wondering if your SAs are more polite and apologetic than those in the U.S. Possibly even helpful!

Have not taken delivery yet but it is scheduled for 11/17. Vin received on 10/29. Same day car was manufactured. East coast delive
For those who have VINs assigned and car delivered…. How long was your waiting period from VIN assignment to Delivery Day?
When my date range changes from Nov 5-15th I got vin the 5th . Said earliest I could take delivery was the 12th. Called into Tesla pickup location and was able to pick it up on the 8th

My EDD was just pushed back again from Nov 13th- Dec 11th to Nov 24th-Dec 8th.

RN 1151. So frustrating. At least the window is getting smaller…
If trends are any indication, that two week window is your final one. And you would expect a VIN five to seven days in advance of it. At which time the window will shrink to about a week within that two week window.

Example:
My EDD range was 11/12 to 11/26 since 10/30.
VIN received 11/5; car was built 11/4
EDD range went to 11/17 to 11/26 same day as VIN
SA says my car should be in Houston between 11/11 and 11/19 - so the delivery date could be earlier than the one week range, but do not bank on it. I am expecting to pickup the car 11/19, 11/20 or 11/21. If it happens to come 11/11 and can be picked up 11/12 or 11/13 - good for me. It is going to sit in my garage until PPF and tint appointment anyways, so I am in no rush to start monthly car payments and pay for insurance.

I'm wondering if your SAs are more polite and apologetic than those in the U.S. Possibly even helpful!
From being on the forum since early February, I think it is really hit or miss on either side of the border. Mine is in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada and I have found them to be responsive even during the long months of creating false hopes until I realized that they knew nothing like the rest of us.

To be a bit more transparent and a longer story, I was told my car was arriving over a week after it actually was.

I dropped into the SC on a day off and a young and enthusiastic employee blurted out that my car was coming in the next day and how excited they were........ Not being my first rodeo and the person that paid $ 145k for it, I jumped on that until they disclosed it was in fact coming in the next day but 'they had orders from HQ that there could be no deliveries for two weeks'. I think they were trying to do a coordinated Canada wide delivery event for the PR and I expressed how that was exciting for Tesla but very customer unfriendly.

I pressed and got nowhere so I reached out to a Tesla Executive on LinkedIN who was extremely responsive and helpful (and appreciative of the irony of the delivery happening during my first business trip in almost two years) and the next day the Manager of the SC called me and said he got a call while on a day off on the golf course from the Executive instructing him to make the delivery happen before I left. That person also confirmed there was no way the car would be given to someone else.

I got the car three days later 👍 Leading up to delivery and post delivery I have found them excellent.

If trends are any indication, that two week window is your final one. And you would expect a VIN five to seven days in advance of it. At which time the window will shrink to about a week within that two week window.

Example:
My EDD range was 11/12 to 11/26 since 10/30.
VIN received 11/5; car was built 11/4
EDD range went to 11/17 to 11/26 same day as VIN
SA says my car should be in Houston between 11/11 and 11/19 - so the delivery date could be earlier than the one week range, but do not bank on it. I am expecting to pickup the car 11/19, 11/20 or 11/21. If it happens to come 11/11 and can be picked up 11/12 or 11/13 - good for me. It is going to sit in my garage until PPF and tint appointment anyways, so I am in no rush to start monthly car payments and pay for insurance.

View attachment 730952Hey all . I was able to call in and receive my s 5 days early . Thanks for all the input and checkpoints on what to look for ! Everything was good . Except a small gap in the frunk . Not by much , scheduling a day and Tesla will send someone out to fix it soon ! Now it’s time to take it strait to get wrapped inside and out !
Congrats!!! Please share details about the wrap. I plan to get it too on my S.

For me, range isn't about how far I can drive on a full charge. It's about capacity, relative to charging speed. The more capacity, the faster I can charge enough to be on my way to the next supercharger on a road trip. Any other time, even my old 60Kwh Model S had enough range. My daily commute is about 50 miles round trip.

Reactions: Davidrun2B
Advice needed: Received a VIN last night (MF454) and I would prefer to wait (already been waiting since March) until I can secure a 2022 (NF VIN). What should I tell the SA when I call them today?
Either refuse the VIN or say you will be out of town for the two weeks delivery window. Unknown if you will wait three more weeks or three more months for a NF VIN. Also no indication when NF VINs are coming.

I called the 888 corporate number, and was routed to a rep in their New Jersey location. She said they have several Plaid models available now for pickup if anyone is tired of waiting and is OK with the Plaid upgrade. Disappointing part is that Plaid models only ship with summer tires. Tesla does not sell all season tires for 21 inch wheels, but 19 inch wheels have that option.

LUCID is looking pretty appealing.
Just curious why anyone would think Lucid will be able to overcome the issues that Tesla has, not to mention all other manufacturers. Yes they can learn how unhappy Tesla customers are with the lack of communication. Accurate communication, if and when available would settle most issues of the disgruntled. To think they will be up and running at a respectable volume anytime soon seems a bit short sited to me.

Reactions: Vinny860
Advice needed: Received a VIN last night (MF454) and I would prefer to wait (already been waiting since March) until I can secure a 2022 (NF VIN). What should I tell the SA when I call them today?
This is just silly to me. In the big picture a 22 vin is nearly worthless. To each their own though. I hope more and more people skip. I will gladly take a ‘21 or ‘22 VIN. I want the car I’ve been waiting months for and when I ordered I expected a ‘21 so I’m cool with it.

Not only that but pretty much everyone only charges to 80% (90 max) on the average day so it’s not like your even starting out with the 400 mile potential.

Exactly. I'd be delighted to be proven wrong here, but I just don't see how the MS is anything close to a 400 mile car.

In fact, we should expect 5-10% battery degradation after the first year or two. So for the vast majority of these vehicles' lifetimes, we're looking at an even lower realistic daily range for these cars.

This is just silly to me. In the big picture a 22 vin is nearly worthless. To each their own though. I hope more and more people skip. I will gladly take a ‘21 or ‘22 VIN. I want the car I’ve been waiting months for and when I ordered I expected a ‘21 so I’m cool with it.
I guess it just depends how long you intend to keep the car. This close to the 2022 model year (assuming it happens 12/1 or already happened 11/1, not really sure?), and considering I will probably sell my model S for my cybertruck toward the end of next year, it makes sense for me to wait potentially a few weeks for a few thousand dollars difference in value. Idk though if they offer me a MF vin delivered by 12/3 I will probably still take it because I want the car for a road trip.