Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Losing a little hope that things are getting better. Based on Q3 numbers Tesla is building about ~100 model s per day. I know we have a fairly small sample size here but we are seeing very few VIN#s getting assigned.

Plus new orders are now November ‘22 EDD on the website. Either they are getting more realistic or we are still falling further and further behind. Ugh

Trying to stay positive but it’s hard taking all these beat downs

Last edited:
I’m getting 3m vinyl wrap . Some places suggest vinyl wrap with ppf on top for protection . But I think it’s unnecessary since the vinyl wrap is the protection .

I’m wrapping it a completely different color , something graphite maybe . .

Vinyl wrap will offer almost no protection. It is very thin. PPF is significantly thicker which is why they are suggesting.

This is the same configuration that I have. Tesla changed my delivery location to Peabody also. I have not been able to contact a SA there, can you give me a name and contact number. I ordered my lr on 1 Dec. 2020 and have not changed anything since accepting the refresh. Thanks.
Dude, no one at that location will pick up. I don’t have a contact; and no one has even reached out since I got my VIN. I wish I could help you! Try calling the main line and arguing a bit.

Reactions: doubleshot
Losing a little hope that things are getting better. Based on Q3 numbers Tesla is building about ~100 model s per day. I know we have a fairly small sample size here but we are seeing very few VIN#s getting assigned.

Plus new orders are now November ‘22 EDD on the website. Either they are getting more realistic or we are still falling further and further behind. Ugh

Trying to stay positive but it’s hard taking all these beat downs
Just remember that this forum is a small percentage of orders. It could go hundreds of built cars without someone on here getting a VIN. Then you get people who do not come back and post they have a VIN. Too many variables to think slowing down is realistic.

Don’t get too antsy. First day of my window that hasn’t changed in 4 weeks and nothings changed.
Just give them a quick call and inquire about your EDD and they will push it back for you. I'm pretty sure that's what happened to my Nov4-16 EDD haha. I will not be calling them again until i see a VIN.

Hmmm it may have also been because i said "Monkey is typing with his third leg..."

I'm still holding strong at 11/15-11/29 with a RN1153 order. My wife keeps asking me if I'm getting excited and I keep telling her that I'm glad I bought out my lease at the end of the term because I don't believe!

LR Model S | Black | Cream | FSD
You and I are right on the same page here. Same order except for FSD. Hopefully me, you, and @Louiedog get some VINs this weekend!

Quick preview of what happens post-VIN for all of you guys waiting.

"Hey Tesla, when's my car coming? It's scheduled for Thanksgiving week, which, you know, is a holiday people travel for."
"We have ABSOLUTELY no idea. But the guy who told you it was in transit yesterday lied. Also you have three days to pick it up whenever it arrives, no exceptions."
"OK, well, Amazon can geolocate a toothbrush as it travels across America to me, so you're saying 'train full of cars' is too hard to track though?"
"Yup! Also your trade-in expires at the end of the month, cross your fingers a-hole!"

This is why I can't buy TSLA. Revolutionary product crippled by unbelievably bad logistics. And if absolutely anyone says "but they're a startup" I will give you the first thumbs down I've given anyone on this board. They're a 13-year-old $1T company. Stop making excuses.

That was the speculation. But due to regulations, VIN updates to a new year can’t happen until 60 days after filing. So after Nov 29 we should start seeing NF’s. (Maybe)
I thought the same too but it’s just not true. There have been tons of NF vins for model 3 and model y since Nov 1st which was part of the same filing.