Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah sure. You said the only consistent thing with Tesla is inconsistency. What a ridiculous statement. We all know you hate Tesla and their sales associates and their service and on and on and on, so why don't you cancel your order? The whining and complaining on this thread is unbelievable. We are in the middle of a global supply chain catastrophe. Tesla is not doing this on purpose. They are trying to make the best out of a terrible situation. The negativity you and others bring to this thread is caustic. Please stop.
Personally i never had issues with the delays. I totally understand that there is a supply chain catastrophe.

BUT, the big PROBLEM is lack of communication and transparency. Id be ok if i was told that there is a huge delay and my car is not coming for 7+ months. Instead they keep saying i will get it this month and then the date moves to the next month. And it keeps happening without explanation.

For a company that can make cars drive themselves using machine learning and data science, its completely ridiculous that they cant use data to properly predict car deliveries. This makes me think that they are doing this on purpose to not scare away costumers and investors which in my opinion is a super shady and scummy practice.

Im happy to wait. Im not happy to be jerked around like a moron.

Yeah sure. You said the only consistent thing with Tesla is inconsistency. What a ridiculous statement. We all know you hate Tesla and their sales associates and their service and on and on and on, so why don't you cancel your order? The whining and complaining on this thread is unbelievable. We are in the middle of a global supply chain catastrophe. Tesla is not doing this on purpose. They are trying to make the best out of a terrible situation. The negativity you and others bring to this thread is caustic. Please stop.
What the actual F are you smoking? @cwanja has been one of the people encouraging people to stick it out through this crazy EDD situation we're in. The way Tesla has handled this is very bad to put it plainly. We are here just trying to cope with our sad EDDs. You are currently the negative one.

We are all not happy about how we are being treated. That's the current problem with how Tesla is choosing to not communicate.

Love that 1) you're battling literally the most positive person in this thread 2) your approach is "poor corporation, be nice to them." Why should I? They ain't sending me a car for free. Supply chain is their issue, not mine. If they want to communicate with me about it, cool! Otherwise, I'm rightly annoyed.

Within the bounds of reasonable human behavior I think we all get to say what we want on this thread. Don't let the door hit you on the way out if you disagree.

Love that 1) you're battling literally the most positive person in this thread 2) your approach is "poor corporation, be nice to them." Why should I? They ain't sending me a car for free. Supply chain is their issue, not mine. If they want to communicate with me about it, cool! Otherwise, I'm rightly annoyed.

Within the bounds of reasonable human behavior I think we all get to say what we want on this thread. Don't let the door hit you on the way out if you disagree.
Easy, men (and ladies). We will all be going 0 to 60 in 3.1 seconds very soon. I think we can all agree that this forum is designed to discuss a first world problem :). Lucky us. Lucky us, indeed.

I think you are confusing him for Epi (who seems to have mysteriously vanished, maybe he's busy with a class action) or Duke (you really should just ignore him)...

I was under the impression that the new S/X uses 4 mega castings. That was one reason it took so long to retool the assembly line. The changes are not just cosmetic and some permanent magnet motors. The entire support structure was changed. If this is true, swapping in a structural battery pack with 4680s may not require as extensive a retool as the current refresh models did.
Two castings per corner, which is what they’ve done, isn’t using mega castings. Those are within the range of “normal” castings and are also just subframes. They’re still bolted to the main chassis of the car. Megacastings replace core portions of the chassis. That’s how you can tell they’ve reached the limits of the current architecture. If they could have reasonably swapped in mega castings with this refresh, they would have.

• Informative
Reactions: Filter
Received a VIN MF454 this past Monday. I
originally scheduled delivery for today, but ultimately decided to release the car and wait for a 2022. My SA set my new delivery date for Dec 15 - Dec 31, and said I’d be placed back at the front of the queue if I changed my mind.

Original order date: 7/25/2021, RN1153
LOL, You ordered 2 days after me and I'm staring at Feb-March. It's.... so... ridiculous, it's plaid.

plug.jpg

The electrician installed my new 240V outlet in the garage this morning.

Now I'm hoping for a "butterfly effect" that gets Fremont to assign me a VIN. It could happen...

I ordered my car on Jan 28th 2021. My date has changed at least 6 times. My sales associate has not reached out to me once to let me know the reason for the delays. Reservation RN1144. Midnight Silver Metallic, 19” Wheels, black interior, No FSD.
It is weird hearing about people getting their Long Range cars before me when they ordered much later.
A little history.

The first refresh I saw in person was in Vallejo on July 11, 2021 They had 3 of them

Blue a plaid 21” black interior
White LR 21” cream interior
White LR 21” black interior.

I went to the Tesla store in Walnut Creek and they said the end of July that wheels were holding up orders
of cars ordered with 19” wheels.

On September 16 I got a message from my Tesla sales advisor asking if I could take delivery of one between the end of October and the end of November because suddenly they got some extras in their inventory. I didn’t say yes quick enough so that didn’t work out.
I was kind of worried I would get one of those many cars sitting outside Tesla Fremont waiting for parts.

I started taking screenshots of my dates.
On September 7 it showed Dec 1 to Jan 1
On October 15 it showed Jan 19 to Feb 18
On October 28 it showed March 16 to April 13 and that date is still the same today November 12, 2021.

I ordered mine way before all of the price increases and I have to wonder if they want me to cancel my order by pushing my date out.
Hopefully with all our stories we can all make some sense of this madness.

I would love to know who has the oldest Model S LR order.
James in Northern California.
Oldest order, not sure - but I ordered MSLR White/Cream 19" no FSD on 12/24/20 (RN11432xxxx), and current EDD is 12/8-12/31. So basically a 1-year wait. No changes to my order during the entire time.

Oldest order, not sure - but I ordered MSLR White/Cream 19" no FSD on 12/24/20 (RN11432xxxx), and current EDD is 12/8-12/31. So basically a 1-year wait. No changes to my order during the entire time.
Wow! Crazy. My exact configuration as well. Not sure I’m that much earlier than you on the EDD but would be happy to defer my earlier delivery date to you if I could. 😀

July order here. MS LR Blue/Cream. My EDD moved from Sep to Dec-Jan, and a few weeks ago it got revised to Nov 15-29. I got my VIN today, one business day before we would have gone into the range. MF in the VIN so I guess it's a 2021 from Fremont... is that good? I hope I didn't get one that was sitting on the lot for months, but based on the timing of the EDD change and then a VIN, I'm guessing that's not the case. New EDD range revised to 11/26-12/1, which I guess should be final.

The site is asking me to pay the balance before delivery, but I called up my local store (Orlando area) and they said it was OK to just bring a cashier's check the day of.

Excited to finally join the club! Hope there aren't quality issues I can't live with.

July order here. MS LR Blue/Cream. My EDD moved from Sep to Dec-Jan, and a few weeks ago it got revised to Nov 15-29. I got my VIN today, one business day before we would have gone into the range. MF in the VIN so I guess it's a 2021 from Fremont... is that good? I hope I didn't get one that was sitting on the lot for months, but based on the timing of the EDD change and then a VIN, I'm guessing that's not the case. New EDD range revised to 11/26-12/1, which I guess should be final.

The site is asking me to pay the balance before delivery, but I called up my local store (Orlando area) and they said it was OK to just bring a cashier's check the day of.

Excited to finally join the club! Hope there aren't quality issues I can't live with.
Congrats! The numbers after MF are important, if it's MF453+, you're a newer build.