Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like everyone in TX got their window pushed up
The SAs are able to see a "build estimate" (that specific terminology) for orders within their system. They can see, roughly, how many days out until the car starts being built. Ask your SA about it. I am not sure when such data becomes visible to the SA (ie a certain number of days before actual build starts). My SA was able to let me know a build estimate of "about 3 days from now". The VIN got assigned exactly 5 days after she told me "about 3 days from now".

Alright… tomorrow is the first day of my EDD. Seems like a lot of folks on here with the late November EDD got VINs this weekend. Anyone else in the 11/15-11/30 range still waiting on a VIN or am I just the lucky one?
pray. at least on my end it would make it one day into the edd then kick back. i'm fully expecting mine to change on the 23rd or 24th if I do not receive a vin by tuesday. 1145 feb order black crm never coming

Reactions: EVTag and MaxPain
Similar experience here. I’m super frustrated since I’ve been waiting 10 months for this car. I ordered on 1/27. MSM/19s/No FSD.

Basically every time I get into the window it slides back, usually by a couple days. I’ve had that happen three times already in November. But this morning I woke up to a bigger pushback. I had been sitting at Nov. 14-24 for the last five days and now my new EDD is Nov. 23-Dec 21. Super super frustrating. I’ve been in my EDD window probably about 10 times since I ordered this car. Argh! I’m going insane. Please help!
they dont care about pre price hikes despite what people think here. more july orders filled last night

The SAs are able to see a "build estimate" (that specific terminology) for orders within their system. They can see, roughly, how many days out until the car starts being built. Ask your SA about it. I am not sure when such data becomes visible to the SA (ie a certain number of days before actual build starts). My SA was able to let me know a build estimate of "about 3 days from now". The VIN got assigned exactly 5 days after she told me "about 3 days from now".
I still to this day have not spoken one word to my SA. I will check in with the SC tomorrow to see if there’s a build date

Reactions: Pdubs and Vinny860
Seems like a lot of people got bumped up! Ordered MSLR MSM/black/black/21" on 6/11 - had been sitting on Feb2-March3; this AM I'm 11/17-11/29. Ironically, I was finally able to get through to my SA this past week (after trying for 2 months) to ask about delivery timeframe. She said "yep, you're soft matched to Feb-March, don't make any changes or price/timeframe will increase". Then magically here we are with a 12 day window!!!!

Just got this message from my local SC

We did get notified by our team in CA that all Model S' will need to go through a firmware update prior to delivery, therefore, we will need to tentatively reschedule you beginning on 11/26; however, if we can perform the update sooner we will absolutely give you a call to see if you are available

Has anyone else seen anything like this? I don't understand how a firmware update is going to delay my delivery so far out.

I'm probably going to reach out my friend who is head of service over at the other SC in town. I'm not going to delay this delivery over a software update I can run out of my garage...

Edit: I should note I was scheduled for 11/20. I've got a road trip the next day. If I don't have the car for that trip, I'm just going to cancel the order completely.

Last edited:

Has anyone else seen anything like this? I don't understand how a firmware update is going to delay my delivery so far out.

I'm probably going to reach out my friend who is head of service over at the other SC in town. I'm not going to delay this delivery over a software update I can run out of my garage...
I have not gotten that indication yet. My delivery is set for 11/28

Reactions: Pdubs and Vinny860
My EDD saga continues. After getting pushed out two weeks and given a month range yesterday, the date has now been pulled back in and the range tightened to Nov-18-Dec. 2. OD 1/27 MSM Black/19s/No FSD.

The Tesla monkey is teasing me and it’s driving me crazy. I think I need some kind of browser plug-in that will only let me refresh the Tesla site once a day. Thanks to all of you for letting me vent!

Edit: I should note I was scheduled for 11/20. I've got a road trip the next day. If I don't have the car for that trip, I'm just going to cancel the order completely.
Totally possible. I think they had to do this back in June or August and deliveries were on hold for two weeks if I recall correctly. That kind of sucks for my tentative delivery timeline of 11/17 through 11/23. Will post here once I know more.

The only flip side to this is vehicles might come with the latest firmware as opposed to sitting for a few weeks. Alternatively, they might just do another .10X release for whatever emergency changes they need to include.

Reactions: Pdubs

That’s the spirit!

I would be the guy who wouldn’t click on this. The fact they say “Hello from Tesla”, and they’re not from Tesla, speaks volumes to its authenticity. If it does come from a Tesla club, you’d think they’d say, “Hello from Tesla club”. Seems like a phish to me.

Edit: but I’m paranoid about these things
I received the same email. Mine was from a Tesla Westmont service center Delivery team email address. I even called the service center to ask more about this and they were able to explain what goes on during the orientation. Email is legit and directly from your pick up location service center, from my experience.

Did you propose to your wife at Woodstock? (just noticed your profile pic)

Reactions: doubleshot