Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The SAs are able to see a "build estimate" (that specific terminology) for orders within their system. They can see, roughly, how many days out until the car starts being built. Ask your SA about it. I am not sure when such data becomes visible to the SA (ie a certain number of days before actual build starts). My SA was able to let me know a build estimate of "about 3 days from now". The VIN got assigned exactly 5 days after she told me "about 3 days from now".
I've directly texted this to my SA. They've told me they can't see anything other than EDD.

I've directly texted this to my SA. They've told me they can't see anything other than EDD.
Last time I spoke with an SA on the phone they said they didn't even want to comment on the EDD saying it's unpredictable and refused to provide any further information. It's funny how drastic of a difference it can be depending on which SA picks up the phone. A couple months ago I was told I was soft-matched for a build that would go into production in mid-November. Here's to hoping that still stays true today.

Anyone here from Jacksonville Florida who placed a MS LR? I placed my MS LR order on 6/15 (black exterior, cream interior, 21” wheels). Like most, my delivery dates have bounced all over the place. As of today (latest bump), EDD is 12/11-12/31 (for now, my dates have never hit 2022). Trying to figure out Florida logistics. I imagine Tesla will deliver several to the state each time a truck makes it over (given Floridas shape/infrastructure).
I live in Jacksonville my friend, and have a MSLR on order since June. This is Tesla #6 for me, so I’m quite used to the craziness that is “pre delivery waiting“. Best advice I can give you is the same everyone else is likely too, once you have a VIN your date will likely lock in. Mine has changed about 9 times from October to March and currently is sitting at Feb2- Mar2. Typically, east coast cars are delivered in the second month of each quarter but that often does have variances. I believe (someone correct me if im wrong) that Tesla builds the cars in batches of “like” cars. For example this batch may be all black/cream LR w/19s. So likely you will get a VIN based on your configuration, not your order date. Hope this helps!

I live in Jacksonville my friend, and have a MSLR on order since June. This is Tesla #6 for me, so I’m quite used to the craziness that is “pre delivery waiting“. Best advice I can give you is the same everyone else is likely too, once you have a VIN your date will likely lock in. Mine has changed about 9 times from October to March and currently is sitting at Feb2- Mar2. Typically, east coast cars are delivered in the second month of each quarter but that often does have variances. I believe (someone correct me if im wrong) that Tesla builds the cars in batches of “like” cars. For example this batch may be all black/cream LR w/19s. So likely you will get a VIN based on your configuration, not your order date. Hope this helps!
That's how I see it as well. Makes sense why some dates get pushed back and forth by 2-3 months. If they think you'll miss a batch, back you go a few months. If they think they can squeeze you into the next batch, you get pushed forward a few months.

Reactions: waflocka
Last time I spoke with an SA on the phone they said they didn't even want to comment on the EDD saying it's unpredictable and refused to provide any further information. It's funny how drastic of a difference it can be depending on which SA picks up the phone. A couple months ago I was told I was soft-matched for a build that would go into production in mid-November. Here's to hoping that still stays true today.
It’s pretty clear that the SAs can see the estimated factory build date of your car if it has been scheduled. But they have no control over the date and the factory seems to change scheduling pretty frequently. I can understand why some SAs might not want to share that info because of the unpredictability. I at one point had a late October build date and it came and went without me getting a VIN.

Reactions: GassyBabyBlue
Still haven't received a VIN after my Saturday orientation email. I went on the website's chat today and spoke to two different agents. The first one said that it looks like my car is close to being completed and started the production process a while ago. I got disconnected from that chat before I could follow up. I started a different chat and asked the same thing. This time the agent was a bit more squirrely but said "I can't comment on specifics but I'm seeing that your car is almost complete. But almost complete doesn't necessarily mean it's almost ready for delivery"...so, not very helpful but I'll just focus on the positives

Still haven't received a VIN after my Saturday orientation email. I went on the website's chat today and spoke to two different agents. The first one said that it looks like my car is close to being completed and started the production process a while ago. I got disconnected from that chat before I could follow up. I started a different chat and asked the same thing. This time the agent was a bit more squirrely but said "I can't comment on specifics but I'm seeing that your car is almost complete. But almost complete doesn't necessarily mean it's almost ready for delivery"...so, not very helpful but I'll just focus on the positives
also I wonder if this explains the lack of 2022 VINs thus far. it may be based on when the car began the production process?

Anyone here from Jacksonville Florida who placed a MS LR? I placed my MS LR order on 6/15 (black exterior, cream interior, 21” wheels). Like most, my delivery dates have bounced all over the place. As of today (latest bump), EDD is 12/11-12/31 (for now, my dates have never hit 2022). Trying to figure out Florida logistics. I imagine Tesla will deliver several to the state each time a truck makes it over (given Floridas shape/infrastructure).
I know someone in Jax who ordered mid Feb and just took delivery of a LR last week... white interior.

I am Tampa...and I placed my order in late May... See my signature for details... I have stopped in at the Tesla delivery center and cars are always being delivered, Plaid and LR in every combination...among the 3 and Ys...

Reactions: chrisdh79 and Pdubs
So, I’ve got an email out to my usual SA but he typically takes 24 hours to respond to me. In the meantime, I went online and chatted with someone (Neel) who looked up my order and said that he sees my account has, in fact, been assigned a VIN. He was not able to provide it to me or confirm a build date, but he said his system shows the car is waiting for transport.

I’m hoping/assuming my delay was solely due to shipping logistics and they’ll fill up a truck to Charlotte soon! Now I’m feeling like it could show up at any time.

and then this just happened!! LET’S GOOOOOO

Attachments

• 4F283FC0-EBAF-4DF5-AE5A-4935EDC5E812.jpeg
    4F283FC0-EBAF-4DF5-AE5A-4935EDC5E812.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 77