Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery this morning of my LR Model S! Couldn't have been easier and car looks amazing.

All the screens blacked out while I was driving this afternoon but they came back on after a minute. Hopefully can figure that glitch out because otherwise it seems perfect.

PXL_20211115_170256472.MP.jpg

My impatience is getting the best of me and tried calling Tesla to inquire about when I should start the finance process. I said does your system show any type of soft match? The guy responds "I don't know how you even know about soft-matching but I don't see anything on your account" ROFL - basically saying nice try. Did say everything looks good for December, so who knows.

I know I haven't waited nearly as long as some, but damn this wait is worse than the 2+ year wait for my model 3.

The handwriting is on the wall... pay a premium and get delivery faster. ;)

"Tesla has pushed the delivery timeline for new Model S orders all the way to 2023 for the cheapest version. The same is the case for the Model X, as the gap between demand and supply appears to be widening. Supply chain issues and increasing demand for electric vehicles are coming simultaneously, creating long delivery timelines across the industry. Tesla is one of the rare automakers that has been able to ramp up deliveries during these industry-wide supply chain issues, but its delivery timelines have also been slipping. In an update to its online configurator, Tesla has now pushed the delivery timeline of both Model S Long Range and Model X Long Range to “March 2023”

That’s with the base 19″ wheels, which makes it the cheapest version of the flagship sedan. As we previously reported, Tesla has started to push the bigger and more expensive wheels as standard in the configurator. It forces buyers to change the setting in order to get the smaller wheels. For the Model S, the bigger 21″ Arachnid wheels increase the price by $4,500. Even with those wheels, you don’t get the vehicle that much faster, with a ‘November 2022″ delivery timeline. You can also get a November 2022 delivery timeline by adding other extras, like different paint colors.

Buyers going for the top performance version, Model S Plaid, can get a much faster delivery of December 2021 regardless of the choice of wheels or color."

Tesla-Model-S-Long-Range.jpg

"Tesla has pushed the delivery timeline for new Model S orders all the way to 2023 for the cheapest version. The same is the case for the Model X, as the gap between demand and supply appears to be widening. Supply chain issues and increasing demand for electric vehicles are coming simultaneously, creating long delivery timelines across the industry. Tesla is one of the rare automakers that has been able to ramp up deliveries during these industry-wide supply chain issues, but its delivery timelines have also been slipping. In an update to its online configurator, Tesla has now pushed the delivery timeline of both Model S Long Range and Model X Long Range to “March 2023”

That’s with the base 19″ wheels, which makes it the cheapest version of the flagship sedan. As we previously reported, Tesla has started to push the bigger and more expensive wheels as standard in the configurator. It forces buyers to change the setting in order to get the smaller wheels. For the Model S, the bigger 21″ Arachnid wheels increase the price by $4,500. Even with those wheels, you don’t get the vehicle that much faster, with a ‘November 2022″ delivery timeline. You can also get a November 2022 delivery timeline by adding other extras, like different paint colors.

Buyers going for the top performance version, Model S Plaid, can get a much faster delivery of December 2021 regardless of the choice of wheels or color."

Ouch...thankfully my order has been in since May 2021... Is there more to this story?

The cheapest upgrade is $1500 dollars - paint. Is it really that much of a "premium"?

Last edited:
Someone in the main thread got a similar message.

Yep, just got off the phone with my local SC and it's the same message. It's a regular update so it shouldn't take more than an hour to actually run, but does hold up their release of the car to me.

All the screens blacked out while I was driving this afternoon but they came back on after a minute. Hopefully can figure that glitch out because otherwise it seems perfect.

Sounds like you got yours delivered without this update they are working on right now. I'm surprised they let you have it. The good news is it's something they're actively working on, though.

For me though, if they don't have it ready by Saturday, I'm canceling my order. I must have this car for my road trip. If I don't have it, it's not worth my time. I'll get a 2022 model with the tax credits instead...

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
For me though, if they don't have it ready by Saturday, I'm canceling my order. I must have this car for my road trip. If I don't have it, it's not worth my time. I'll get a 2022 model with the tax credits instead...

If you are talking about the new federal incentives, there is no tax credit for the model s, it's too expensive to qualify.

Yep, just got off the phone with my local SC and it's the same message. It's a regular update so it shouldn't take more than an hour to actually run, but does hold up their release of the car to me.

Sounds like you got yours delivered without this update they are working on right now. I'm surprised they let you have it. The good news is it's something they're actively working on, though.

dont cancel your order and lose that pricing. You are what, 10k under current MSRP? IF you decide to postpone just let them know you are out of town until X date and they should accommodate.

Someone just posted in another thread that Tesla is expecting the firmware Wednesday, 11/17 and that user is expecting to take delivery 11/19. Just for information.

Personally, seems a little rash to cancel over this. But I do not know your personal situation and it is clear you want it for the road trip. I do hope it all works out for you.

dont cancel your order and lose that pricing. You are what, 10k under current MSRP? IF you decide to postpone just let them know you are out of town until X date and they should accommodate.
If I cancel, I'm going to get a Plaid instead. Only way I'll get it in a reasonable amount of time. Plus, I wanna go fast :p

Someone just posted in another thread that Tesla is expecting the firmware Wednesday, 11/17 and that user is expecting to take delivery 11/19. Just for information.

Personally, seems a little rash to cancel over this. But I do not know your personal situation and it is clear you want it for the road trip. I do hope it all works out for you.

Cool. If you need me, I'll be breathing into a paper bag for the rest of the week...

Can we get a tax credit on the Model S? I thought it only applied to sedans under a certain price - even the M3 performance costs too much to qualify with the price increases. But truthfully, I haven’t read what has changed to the EV tax credit for a couple weeks.