Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure about that. I just noticed new orders are now showing Nov 2022 delivery. Yikes.
Tesla is very unlikely to just carry those cars into a new year / new quarter. And they do not have enough SAs to play the hide and seek for matching.

Open it up and let individuals that might not be talk to an SA find inventory. Plus the fact that you can get a car this quarter versus November 2022 makes the case for opening to public inventory more appealing. But the average joe has no clue there is inventory if it’s not accessible.

Reactions: Danlbrau
Now, I need to sell my performance model 3… fast. Waiting on tesla trade in… anywhere else i should try to get an appraisal?

Carvana consistently gives me hilariously crap quotes on my 2018 3. Vroom and Carmax both seem to offer better price points; although since I get sales tax benefit for a trade-in, Tesla's quote is within a few hundred bucks of Vroom right now. Hope that helps!

An SA told me today that there is a car being manufactured that I’m soft matched to… I’ll believe it when I see the VIN, but that lines up timing wise for the end of my EDD. And I sure as *sugar* feel entitled to a car with all these 115x getting VINs

1147, 4/1, MSM, Cream, 19s, no FSD
"MSM, Cream, 19s" -- "car being manufactured" That's my config too and with batch manufacturing being a thing, that's the best news I've heard all month. You first, man, but I'll hope it's a big batch to reach this 1151 RN too.

I responded to the orientation email to ask if my vin is close. I just received this response from the sales center:

"Based on your Tesla account we do estimate your vehicle to be supplied at the end of this month to start of December.

You will receive messaging when a vehicle is supplied to your account.

Look forward to your ownership soon!"
I received an orientation email earlier today and contacted them to see if they had an update for me. A nice gentlemen out of the Naperville store told me I should receive my car in Dec based on some internal system. He seemed pretty confident for whatever that's worth.

Two quick questions from a newbie
1. Is there MSLR available anywhere in San Diego to test drive ? My RN is 1149 and ETA is Dec. 2021 per Tesla , however I'm yet to test drive it and to make sure that I like it especially the joke.
2. Is there another forum where lucky new owners of MSLR share their experience?

Two quick questions from a newbie
1. Is there MSLR available anywhere in San Diego to test drive ? My RN is 1149 and ETA is Dec. 2021 per Tesla , however I'm yet to test drive it and to make sure that I like it especially the joke.
2. Is there another forum where lucky new owners of MSLR share their experience?
I talked to a SA from Tesla showroom in Manhattan last Friday, she said there is no Model S available anywhere at least on the east coast if not the entire US since Model S is in such high demand that all produced vehicles are delivered to customers. For MSLR ownership experience, I have seen plenty of review video on YT on either Plaid or long range, both models are 99% the same except for performance so you can watch those videos about Plaid for the ownership insight:

Have you used them? Definitely got a better quote than I’ve seen elsewhere, but skeptical of what looks like a ca.1998 business.
I’ve engaged with them, but never closed the deal. Ended up at a dealer to save on sales tax for purchasing vehicle.

Although, my local Tesla group has several people use them and all had pleasant and great success with them.

Reactions: Bleedblue82
Since the time I placed the order in March 2021 for MSLR until today, I did not get one update on the status of my order. There has not been one day that I didn't check Tesla portal to see if there are any update to the order or if a VIN number assigned or not. The actual delivery date at the time of placing the order was showing as October 2021. but this date is not reflected on the status of the order, its was just an estimate date on the main website when doing a custom order.
My order Number is RN114609677 Does this gives me any hints on when is the delivery date? I can't tell you how frustrating this experience has been as when I visited the showroom a year ago to place the order, they told me its like Amazon.. you place the order and get a delivery.. Its nothing like that. Absolutely no update.