Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's close enough the sales tax difference if that applies to your state might be better than what Carvana is offering.
This is a good point! Although, if I’ve done my math right, I think I would still clear an extra $2500 taking their offer. I completely forgot about the offset for tax basis when trading in.

SA “should be able” to ping car and give you the location as it travels across country. Mine was able to do that, and others have reported the same.
Well then mine is just plain unwilling. Yet he says he has an S on order himself. Who am I texting with? Probably doesn't even work at Tesla...

There are reports that some Y deliveries are missing them, which... yeah. Go Tesla.

Its supposed to come with them though. :)
I can't imagine being told at delivery.... "Well yeah... you're going to need to buy your own charger... or yeah... go to the superchargers"

screens_feature3-1.jpg

Ahhh, interesting. Would the Gen 2 NEMA adapter for $45 work on the mobile charger which comes with the S and charge at the higher rate?
Yes, that is what I have from my 2018 Model 3 delivery. Works great, you can get 32A out of it, which is 29mph for my LR model 3. I think it'll be slightly less for model S given the total battery size.

Reactions: Vinny860 and cwanja
SA “should be able” to ping car and give you the location as it travels across country. Mine was able to do that, and others have reported the same.
So I texted him and asked him if he could at least tell me where it was. His response, "it's on a train".

I can't even.

I'm curious, has anyone taken a delivery since Sunday?

This is a delivery hold on my car (and one other forum member that I can find) while they release a mandatory software update to fix some sort of center screen issue. I want to make sure it's not just me that's dealing with this.

I asked an SA this question today - I am trying to wrangle financing, selling a car, and traveling for Thanksgiving, so time of delivery is really important. He told me that while he HAS seen firmware holds over the past few months, he does NOT see a firmware hold on my 11/4 manufactured car. He followed up to add that the arrival date at my DC has moved closer by a day, which he suggested further solidified my current pickup date of 11/24.

I'll post a follow-up if I hear anything different - hope your firmware hold falls off!

So I texted him and asked him if he could at least tell me where it was. His response, "it's on a train".

I can't even.
Call into the main line - I find about 75% of the time I get someone who's super pleasant and happy to help. I asked today and was told my car was leaving Chicago this afternoon.

(But for the record - I am getting routed to the Northeast call center. I was in FL last week for work and got routed to the FL line and got possibly the most unhelpful SA ever, so y'all may make em different down there)

• Funny
Reactions: Btrflyl8e
I'm curious, has anyone taken a delivery since Sunday?

This is a delivery hold on my car (and one other forum member that I can find) while they release a mandatory software update to fix some sort of center screen issue. I want to make sure it's not just me that's dealing with this.
I am one of those who has a delivery hold. The SA I talked to said that he’s hoping the firmware update will happen this Wednesday 11/17, which he said will hopefully mean I‘ll be able to pick it up at my scheduled appointment on Friday 11/19.

Other folks have gotten deliveries, it’s not affecting all MS. Some (like me) are speculating there is a particular component that was replaced and requires something custom in the firmware.

• Helpful
Reactions: cwanja and timdorr