Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fitz, thank you for noticing. I've been to the nearest Tesla store and spoken to both my SA and Delivery Agent. All of them say there's nothing "wrong" with my account and I'm eligible for an EDD/car, but one has never appeared on my account. Others on this board have encouraged me I'm not the only one, but it still makes me uneasy.

Probably fruitless but have you called and spoke to anyone at corporate?

I strongly believe Tesla is going to deliver east coast and Midwest orders first then west coast orders at the end of q4 since it will be much easier and more predictable to get the cars delivered by 12/31.
I agree. This makes a lot of sense logistically. Give yourself more margin for error with longer deliveries and get them out with 4-6 weeks before EOQ deadline. You don’t need that much to deliver along the west coast.

So, for anyone wondering, there is a lot of flexibility with changing the payment details post VIN assignment. I’ve worked with my SA to change from cash to financing, rework my loan amount figures to fit my desired payments, and toggled back and forth with removing my trade in to confirm I’m better off not selling my car to tesla and taking an outside offer. We knocked that out over 1 day via a few emails. Very convenient.

Anybody who’s looking to buy a new Tesla, don’t sweat the transaction details too much (and frankly I do not see any point in completing a credit application until you have a VIN) as you’ll nail that down between VIN and delivery.

So, for anyone wondering, there is a lot of flexibility with changing the payment details post VIN assignment. I’ve worked with my SA to change from cash to financing, rework my loan amount figures to fit my desired payments, and toggled back and forth with removing my trade in to confirm I’m better off not selling my car to tesla and taking an outside offer. We knocked that out over 1 day via a few emails. Very convenient.

Anybody who’s looking to buy a new Tesla, don’t sweat the transaction details too much (and frankly I do not see any point in completing a credit application until you have a VIN) as you’ll nail that down between VIN and delivery.

Also, something that wasn't clear to me beforehand, but by far the easiest method to pay via cash balance is use their plaid app. You can "Test" it before delivery, do the inspection, then process the payment. Far easier than a wire or cashiers check

Also, something that wasn't clear to me beforehand, but by far the easiest method to pay via cash balance is use their plaid app. You can "Test" it before delivery, do the inspection, then process the payment. Far easier than a wire or cashiers check
Do you know if you can you split the payment method between cashiers check and credit card or does Tesla not accept credit card payments?