Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, I've got the same issue. @Clubprodigy as well. We were told it's related to the center console and it's for our specific cars, possibly because of the specific components they used to build them. The last I heard is the update would be released yesterday, but I haven't followed up on it with Tesla yet. I've got a delivery set for 11/20 at 5pm that I have to hit, as I have a road trip starting the following day.
I just reached out to Katie at Tesla Roswell. She said they're still waiting on the firmware update. She's actually just about to head over to talk with the Service Manager and figure out what's going on. She said I'd have a concrete yes or no for my Saturday appointment by tomorrow.

Yep, I've got the same issue. @Clubprodigy as well. We were told it's related to the center console and it's for our specific cars, possibly because of the specific components they used to build them. The last I heard is the update would be released yesterday, but I haven't followed up on it with Tesla yet. I've got a delivery set for 11/20 at 5pm that I have to hit, as I have a road trip starting the following day.
Yep, same here w/ a road trip planned on the 22. Sold my Model M3 last month and girlfriend is selling her CR-V to Carvana on the 21st. She's getting a Model Y :)

I'm on hold now and will update if I hear anything new about the release.

I just reached out to Katie at Tesla Roswell. She said they're still waiting on the firmware update. She's actually just about to head over to talk with the Service Manager and figure out what's going on. She said I'd have a concrete yes or no for my Saturday appointment by tomorrow.
You're in Roswell? I'm in ATL taking delivery from Decatur. Let us know what Katie says.

I just got a call from my SA. Apparently there are 10 MS in Austin that have the same factory hold issue, and the firmware update did not arrive today. It is center console related, but he does not know anything more. He’s hoping the firmware will come soon, tomorrow or even over the weekend.

In the meantime my appointment for tomorrow 11/19 is moved to next week, but he said the update could happen anytime.

He confirmed it’s only a limited number of MS - not all MS are affected.

You're in Roswell? I'm in ATL taking delivery from Decatur. Let us know what Katie says.
I'm in East Cobb, so Roswell is my delivery location. I called Katie and she confirmed that the update isn't yet available. She's going to give me a yes/no decision tomorrow.

The car is at least at the SC now. I just can't get it.

My Hail Mary tomorrow is to call my Regional Director contact and see if he can bypass the hold for me. Or least give me some more technical detail on the issue. If it's just the manual drive controls not working, I'm fine with that for my trip. Hell, I'm fine with the MCU rebooting regularly. I just *really* want this car on Saturday.

I just got a call from my SA. Apparently there are 10 MS in Austin that have the same factory hold issue, and the firmware update did not arrive today. It is center console related, but he does not know anything more. He’s hoping the firmware will come soon, tomorrow or even over the weekend.

In the meantime my appointment for tomorrow 11/19 is moved to next week, but he said the update could happen anytime.

Very interesting. I should be picking mine up from there soon.

Reactions: Clubprodigy
Delivery date and appointment scheduled for 11AM on 11/20. Just got a message from Tesla saying that the delivery date is cancelled due to a pending software update... new delivery date range is 11/18 - 11/22. Anyone else have their delivery delayed due to this update?
Have the same issue here. My friend had his delivery set for today and they rescheduled him for 11/22 due to firmware update.

I asked Tesla to see if my car which is suppose to be delivered 11/22 has the same firmware issue and they confirmed it does.

Hopefully they can resolve this ASAP.

Have the same issue here. My friend had his delivery set for today and they rescheduled him for 11/22 due to firmware update.

I asked Tesla to see if my car which is suppose to be delivered 11/22 has the same firmware issue and they confirmed it does.

Hopefully they can resolve this ASAP.
Thanks for reporting this. Looks like it's becoming an increasingly large issue, which bodes well for the amount of pressure on Fremont to fix it.

giphy.gif

My EDD changed today after recieving my 2022 VIN (5YJSA1E56NFXXXXXX) yesterday. My current EDD is 12/3/21 – 12/6/21 as of 11/18/21...
Yeah. So for what it’s worth Mel, mine’s 11/28-12/1. Called today and they said it was “on a train to Birmingham”, and expected arrival date was the 28th. Arrival to me? I ask gently. No arrival to Eatonville. Expect pickup by 12/1.

For what it’s worth.

Reactions: neadams99

What is your VIN? If you are willing to give the last six, that is great. If not, can you give the first four after MF or NF? Thanks.

Trying to figure out at VIN range.

@timdorr MF454067 is the first in the list.