Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New app update. Continuing to push activities to the app vs the web dashboard....
Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 4.28.14 PM.png

@pvdoug is also following the same exact pattern: same configs and similar locale (except we are a few hours south of you). My prediction is that our EDDs will be unchanged tomorrow, and on the following day, will change for the worse. Yep, I am such an optimist...
Sadly, 4SUPER9's post was prescient. At least for me.
MODEL S RN1151 DEPOSIT/PROFILE 23JUN WHITE EXT BLACK INT 19” NO FSD NO TOW NO FSD EDD: WAS 19NOV-3DEC NOW 9DEC-31DEC

Last edited:
Got a call this morning (day of delivery Nov 19 5pm CT) from Telsa who said there was a nationwide issue with Model S with some bad wiring and firmware update. Originally ordered mid-May 2021. Delivery range is now Nov 19-23 which isn't terrible until you remember its Tesla and we're in the middle of a parts shortage. Asked for my down pmt back until its resolved. They did offer to deliver the car to wherever I want it but I'll prob just go in just in case I need a quick fix done.
Just got a call that firmware update is scheduled to be pushed out tonight. Crossing fingers tomorrow is the day to pick it up!

@cwanja some more datapoints for you - I am MF4545 - spoke with an SA today to update some registration details. He confirmed again that 1) he is aware of the firmware hold 2) he reviewed my car's notes carefully and confirmed that it was NOT included in the delivery hold.

Now this is not conclusive obviously - maybe they don't update and implement the holds until the car arrives and is inspected at the DC for example. Just sharing what I can.

For those of you with VINs and a delivery appointment scheduled, you are able to call the 800 number and they can confirm whether or not your car has left Fremont and is in transit. They can’t tell you exactly where the car is in transit, but they can confirm whether or not it has left Fremont and is on the way to your service center. I just called the number to ask about my order and they were able to tell me this. (888) 518-3752

Just got a call that firmware update is scheduled to be pushed out tonight. Crossing fingers tomorrow is the day to pick it up!
I just called Tesla and heard roughly the same. They hope to have it available tonight and apply it tomorrow morning or early afternoon. So, there's a distinct possibility the hold is over by tomorrow!

Today- SA "awaiting Firmware update"
My car still hasn't left the factory
SA-"expect December delivery "
Me-"is this typical wait time after receiving a VIN"
SA- "Nope"

SA -"2022 models will be produced in November "

my personal *sugar* show continues
My SA says this is the case. He claims cars produced in Nov. will be 2022's. Hope so.
EDD updated and shrank a bit. 11/29-12/24 to 12/2-12/16. If this holds will be pretty much a newborn baby since I ordered.
My EDD did shrink up a bit too. But will it stick?
Got pushed back again this morning. Edd was a 2 week window (11/19-12/3) now it’s 12/10-12/30 no vin still. This blows, will be 10 months since I ordered 🙄
I could've had a baby born and already 2 mos old in the time it's been!
After 6 weeks of no activity, my window tightened this morning.

Was: Dec 12 to Jan 1 (20 days)
Now: Dec 23 to Dec 31 (8 days)

However, being in the local factory delivery area, I think this may signal that I'm in the lottery pool for EOQ4 delivery chaos.
Us on the Left Coast, are always going to face the EOQ or EOY ***sugar*** show.

Reactions: aerodyne
Hopefully the firmware hold isn’t needed due to missing components like USB ports or front radar that is causing an error that new firmware will resolve?.? Another more positive thought is that maybe there was a part improvement that requires updated code to be recognized.

Reactions: JeffR and Btrflyl8e
Hopefully the firmware hold isn’t needed due to missing components like USB ports or front radar that is causing an error that new firmware will resolve?.? Another more positive thought is that maybe there was a part improvement that requires updated code to be recognized.
It's likely a microcontroller or CPU swap. The component may speak the same language (ARMv8, or something like that), but need small adjustments for different particular implementations. It could even me from the same manufacturer, but different SKUs need different builds.

It sounds like they had to make a hardware change due to a shortage. And the plan was to build the cars alongside building the software/firmware. Then the software would be ready by the time the cars were delivered. That didn't work out, hence the delay.

Nothing should be missing from our cars, just the software isn't ready for them.

It's likely a microcontroller or CPU swap. The component may speak the same language (ARMv8, or something like that), but need small adjustments for different particular implementations. It could even me from the same manufacturer, but different SKUs need different builds.

It sounds like they had to make a hardware change due to a shortage. And the plan was to build the cars alongside building the software/firmware. Then the software would be ready by the time the cars were delivered. That didn't work out, hence the delay.

Nothing should be missing from our cars, just the software isn't ready for them.

I'd check the USB ports just in case....

I'd check the USB ports just in case....
Yeah double check, at this point you could be missing the back parcel shelf, the back trunk shelf, USB ports and wireless charging, and who knows what else they’re going to remove from these cars just to get them out the door…. 🤣🤣🤣

Make sure you get all that stuff, including fobs, key cards, right charging equipment etc.

Last edited: