Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not sure which is worse. Waiting for the VIN or waiting for the car to arrive.:)
Definitely worse waiting for the car. But not as bad as driving it for a few days and then putting it in the shop for a week for ceramic coating and tinting. That wait is pure torture.

Definitely worse waiting for the car. But not as bad as driving it for a few days and then putting it in the shop for a week for ceramic coating and tinting. That wait is pure torture.
This is why I'm going to have to schedule all that for the week I'm on vacation in December. Once I have it, there's no way I'm driving the Vette to work ever again. I know it's definitely a first world problem, but I am beyond over that thing.

I’m not sure which is worse. Waiting for the VIN or waiting for the car to arrive.:)
tomp.gif

Checked my app a few minutes ago. MS LR. EDD was 9-30DEC; today it says car is being built, and new EDD is 22-31DEC. Hope that is 2021!
Nice. For reference, the app says “we’re building your car” for everyone waiting, even someone with a 2023 delivery EDD will see that same generic message”. I guess their definition of “building” includes planning.

I have a EDD of Nov 27-Dec 1. I'm trying to figure out who to get to do PPF and how much of the car to do. In terms of timeline, anyone got a feel for how accurate EDDs are once we have a VIN? I'm tempted to go ahead and get someone locked down for Dec 2, but I don't want to have an appointment with no car.

I have a EDD of Nov 27-Dec 1. I'm trying to figure out who to get to do PPF and how much of the car to do. In terms of timeline, anyone got a feel for how accurate EDDs are once we have a VIN? I'm tempted to go ahead and get someone locked down for Dec 2, but I don't want to have an appointment with no car.
Call up Tesla and try to get a delivery appointment scheduled. That way you'll have a hard date you can rely on. But give the PPF place a few days window, just in case there are any shipping delays.

Woke up to February edd today. Had Nov 28 - Dec 26 for a few weeks.

Praying its just the feb bug and ill get a vin on Monday

Ordered in May. RN11496

Msm, white, 19s and no fsd
Welcome to the "Pushed-Back" club... We're all hoping this is the February glitch coming back around, and that we'll get VINs shortly!

They are equal, just bad in different ways. Waiting for a VIN is a real psychological Rollercoaster. Some days you're up and imagining it will be any day now. Others you're in the dark place, thinking it's never going to happen and there will be no car for you.

Once you have a VIN, it's just the torture of waiting, like a kid waiting for Christmas. You know it's coming and when, you're just counting the days...

Wow, nailed it. Are you a nurse or psychologist by any chance?