Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update: I rejected the originally assigned 2021 VIN provided to me 9/29/21 in favor of waiting for a 2022 VIN. I woke this morning with a new VIN for a 2022 vehicle. It does not appear that you are placed at the back of the line when rejecting a VIN which is nice considering the situation since I didn't mind waiting a bit longer.

LR, no FSD, white/black interior, 19" rims
Pickup in Vallejo expected this week
VIN: NF459

I finally got a VIN!!!! I can’t believe it. NF459

Am I pathetic for checking after midnight here in the Bay Area? Of course the first thing I wanted to do is share it with all of you…

Pretty sure it flipped after midnight since I checked around 11pm and I didn’t have a VIN then.
I wake up pretty frequently at all hours of the night the first thing I do is check my Tesla account. So maybe we're both pathetic... but we are not alone!

I finally got a VIN!!!! I can’t believe it. NF459

Am I pathetic for checking after midnight here in the Bay Area? Of course the first thing I wanted to do is share it with all of you…

Pretty sure it flipped after midnight since I checked around 11pm and I didn’t have a VIN then.
Not in the slightest.

Which is good because once you have the car you’ll start checking after midnight for software updates, lol.

Or is that just me…

Things going through my head now that I’ve gotten a VIN:

1. Tesla better not make me pick up the car before Thanksgiving. I’m already out of town. But after a ten month wait, I guess I’d fly back to get it.
2. Do I wake up my wife to tell her we got a VIN?
3. What am I going to do to entertain myself now that I don’t have to refresh the Tesla site every five minutes?

Quick update: I rejected the originally assigned 2021 VIN provided to me 9/29/21 in favor of waiting for a 2022 VIN. I woke this morning with a new VIN for a 2022 vehicle. It does not appear that you are placed at the back of the line when rejecting a VIN which is nice considering the situation since I didn't mind waiting a bit longer.

LR, no FSD, white/black interior, 19" rims
Pickup in Vallejo expected this week
VIN: NF459
Same situation. Ordered in May was supposed to get it in October. Got a 2021 vin last week, unmatched due to scheduling…wonder how long until I get another vin…

Reactions: GassyBabyBlue
Things going through my head now that I’ve gotten a VIN:

1. Tesla better not make me pick up the car before Thanksgiving. I’m already out of town. But after a ten month wait, I guess I’d fly back to get it.
2. Do I wake up my wife to tell her we got a VIN?
3. What am I going to do to entertain myself now that I don’t have to refresh the Tesla site every five minutes?
1. Yes, I would fly back to pick up the car after a ten month wait.

2. Don't wake her up. Play it cool and tell her sometime today that you were randomly checking your acct page when you noticed the update. If she calls you out and say"don't you refresh that page in like every 5 min" tell her no way that you have better things to do with your time and your time is way more valuable than that😎

3. Refer to answer number 2

EDD bumped back to Dec 6 - Dec 20 (was holding steady at Nov 24 - Dec 6 for the past couple weeks).

Well, at least that increases the odds that I’ll get the new Martian Wheels before delivery. (It took me a while to find something positive to say about the EDD monkey messing with me right before Thanksgiving like that).

Reactions: Vinny860
EDD bumped back to Dec 6 - Dec 20 (was holding steady at Nov 24 - Dec 6 for the past couple weeks).

Well, at least that increases the odds that I’ll get the new Martian Wheels before delivery. (It took me a while to find something positive to say about the EDD monkey messing with me right before Thanksgiving like that

Attachments

• FD044B0E-26C5-449D-B259-23CBE5018D38.jpeg
    FD044B0E-26C5-449D-B259-23CBE5018D38.jpeg
    321.8 KB · Views: 83