Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update: I rejected the originally assigned 2021 VIN provided to me 9/29/21 in favor of waiting for a 2022 VIN. I woke this morning with a new VIN for a 2022 vehicle. It does not appear that you are placed at the back of the line when rejecting a VIN which is nice considering the situation since I didn't mind waiting a bit longer.

LR, no FSD, white/black interior, 19" rims
Pickup in Vallejo expected this week
VIN: NF459
when did you order? Wild people are rejecting because of a 2021 vin for people who have been waiting since nearly 2020...

Things going through my head now that I’ve gotten a VIN:

1. Tesla better not make me pick up the car before Thanksgiving. I’m already out of town. But after a ten month wait, I guess I’d fly back to get it.
2. Do I wake up my wife to tell her we got a VIN?
3. What am I going to do to entertain myself now that I don’t have to refresh the Tesla site every five minutes?
Do not wake up your wife been there done that :) Instead, get a shot of Single Malt 21!

Reactions: Vinny860 and dschol
Things going through my head now that I’ve gotten a VIN:

1. Tesla better not make me pick up the car before Thanksgiving. I’m already out of town. But after a ten month wait, I guess I’d fly back to get it.
2. Do I wake up my wife to tell her we got a VIN?
3. What am I going to do to entertain myself now that I don’t have to refresh the Tesla site every five minutes?
You will still refresh the app, site, and your email waiting for the invitation to schedule your delivery.

I really hope you didn't wake up your wife. I woke up my better half when i got a VIN and he did NOT feel the same about it as I did, APPARENTLY. 🙄

I was suffering from a horrible flare up of my Tesla fever that had me stop at my local SC In Westmont suburb of chicago for some relief of the fever symptoms. Staring at a couple of MS MSM and black and another black and black waiting to be delivered helped a bit.
Anyways I spoke to one of the SAs and he made a couple of comments that I didn’t know and not sure how true they are. He said that having an configuration that is not popular or far away from base configurations could actually help in where you get placed in the waiting list. He said my MSM with white is actually a better configuration than the base wait wise. What do you guys think. Also why would another person on this club has same configuration and RN as mine with exception of wheels he had 21 I have 19 gets pushed back while I am still holding on my Dec edd. My wife thinks I need therapy while waiting

After rejecting my 2021 vin I’m now in Tesla timeout 😆

Attachments

• 2C3B97AE-B1D6-4F9C-882A-BE0B1101F33D.jpeg
    2C3B97AE-B1D6-4F9C-882A-BE0B1101F33D.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 122
PXL_20211121_143730981.jpg

That's from right before we headed out this morning. Drives amazingly well.

Unfortunately, something's wrong when it comes to Supercharging. The screen goes into a boot loop and during an online point, it kicks up every possible error message simultaneously (Dyno mode, invalid drive software, air suspension malfunctioning, cannot be towed, autopilot disabled, etc). It also honks the horn 50% of cycles. Only seems to happen near the end of charging, but is obviously super disruptive.

I'm calling Tesla up first thing once we get back on the road. The car is totally fine once I unplug, so we can keep going. But it's definitely more than the occasional reboot.

For the wheels, I reached out to Jamie with Signature Wheels. See the Model S: Driving Dynamics Thread "Signature Wheels ..." These are the their SV103 9x19" forged wheels in glossy black. I worked with Jamie on the different options. I've dealt with pothole caused broken rims before. Can't recommend him highly enough, he patiently walked through all the options with me and my questions.

Since I was going with all seasons (my Model S will have the Arachnid 21" with summer tires), I went with 19" to give the best pothole protection and 9" wide wheels to give the best curb protection for the rims from the tires. Not inexpensive, but I think worth the investment. I'll switch back to the Arachnids in the Spring.

I went with a square set up, not staggered. I used the same offset on each wheel so that I can do a 4-wheel rotation. The rear wheels will be a little tucked in with this set up.

For tires, I'm going with the Continental ExtremeContact. They worked great on a Jeep SRT (a bit heavier than the Model S), so I'm hoping for good results on the Tesla.

It's now a race between when the Signature Wheels and when the Tesla will be delivered.

I'll update with photos when installed and other details in the Model S Driving Dynamics section.

Hello all,

Nice to meet everyone. I've been lurking around since early June in the main thread then switched to this one as it is LR focused.

On order is a White/Black with 21. Order date was June 03. EDD has pretty much bounced blank and October until Aug 10 email. From there, EDD has been Nov-Dec in different date.

Most recently, Was 27 Nov-Dec 17. That held for 5 weeks until last week it changed to Dec 10 - Dec 31.

Picking up in Cincinnati.

I am encouraged to see many June and July orders getting VINs.