Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lot of stuff happened and I am picking up my car TOMORROW.
Tesla has been kind to me so far, I reached someone in 2 mins from call to talking to change my MVPA for partial finance, decided to invest in Tesla.
And everything is in the app which is pretty cool and cant wait for a spot assignment for tomorrow's pick up.

I have a question to this group, the guys who picked up, did you pay up before pick up? I am hoping I would not have to reject the car but at the same time, should I pay tonight before the pickup tomorrow? Thoughts please?

Thanks!

My opinion...bring a cashier's check.

In the unlikely event you have the car completely fail a mile from the store, you can firmly ask for your check back.

This actuality happened to a friend's MY delivery last EOQ...

Tesla has been kind to me so far, I reached someone in 2 mins from call to talking to change my MVPA for partial finance, decided to invest in Tesla.
And everything is in the app which is pretty cool and cant wait for a spot assignment for tomorrow's pick up.

I have a question to this group, the guys who picked up, did you pay up before pick up? I am hoping I would not have to reject the car but at the same time, should I pay tonight before the pickup tomorrow? Thoughts please?

Thanks!
Definitely do a thorough inspection before paying a dime. I’ll be doing a down payment using Plaid then the rest with a pre-approved car loan check.

Following for sure as I hate to pay before pickup but seems required … the app/transfer they use seems to do an API based on ACH/account check on balance though so seems would be possible.
I paid via ACH transfer in the Tesla app through Plaid. Paid almost 12 hours ahead, no issues. If you are uncomfortable and your state allows you, you just pay prior to accepting delivery.

Technically, Texas the car needs to be "funded" before it can be released. Pretty sure if I asked to review it before the ACH transfer they would have. But you will not be able to "accept delivery" without submitting your downpayment (if you are doing one). Accepting delivery is what connects your phone to your car and allows you get into it. They hold the fobs and keycards inside.
My opinion...bring a cashier's check.
Cannot, in the state of Texas. If you do that, it has to be mailed to HQ and deposited before your car gets released. Again, that is Texas. Original request was from someone in California, so it could be different.

Thanks!
Also, I should add, the partial payment (loan) has been ACH'ed to Tesla. I think I would do a cashier's check by tomorrow morning and send them a copy.
We need to send them a copy of the Trace by tomorrow. Plan to send them a copy of the cashier's check as well.

Reactions: Vinny860
I paid via ACH transfer in the Tesla app through Plaid. Paid almost 12 hours ahead, no issues. If you are uncomfortable and your state allows you, you just pay prior to accepting delivery.

Technically, Texas the car needs to be "funded" before it can be released. Pretty sure if I asked to review it before the ACH transfer they would have. But you will not be able to "accept delivery" without submitting your downpayment (if you are doing one). Accepting delivery is what connects your phone to your car and allows you get into it. They hold the fobs and keycards inside.

Cannot, in the state of Texas. If you do that, it has to be mailed to HQ and deposited before your car gets released. Again, that is Texas. Original request was from someone in California, so it could be different.
Thanks, yes in CA, we can get a cashier's check. We just need to upfront send a copy of it to an email provided in the text messages.

Good point, my bad. Perhaps this is the real reason Tesla moved to TX.

Delivery day boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen. She is perfect. Will adjust the trunk on my own, but honestly not worried about it right now. Fronk has a some slight misalignment and I might mention it to a mobile service tech one day, but I want to know what it takes to fix it before they are start screwing with it. Old issues that I do not see - no front windshield distortion, no dent in the front dash, no mirror wobble.

Came loaded with mostly all the parts - missing sub trunk cover and parcel shelf. Oddly, had the corner piece 🤷🏽‍♂️ Tesla said pretty much all are missing those and I did not put up a fit to try and them from a car that has been sitting there for weeks. Mine is going to sit in the garage for a week and then PPF, tint, ceramic for a week. So I will ping them when I get closer to picking up my car from the detailer and see if they have them so that I can swing by and grab them. At that point, I am going to be driving it daily and really want those.

Came the summer tires - south Texas, really do not care. I will monitor them in the winter, but I am not in a huge rush to replace them.

For now, the wait is over and I am elated to say the least. Wife is too, she told me she never wants to hear about TMC again. So I think you guys won in that battle

More photos to come post tint, PPF and ceramic.
View attachment 736082 View attachment 736083 View attachment 736084
Beautiful car and a gorgeous light color interior. You have been an ever present member in these forums. Please don’t go away, and post some updates on your learning curve with the yoke. Don’t know about the others here, but I sure will enjoy reading those updates!

Delivery day boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen. She is perfect. Will adjust the trunk on my own, but honestly not worried about it right now. Fronk has a some slight misalignment and I might mention it to a mobile service tech one day, but I want to know what it takes to fix it before they are start screwing with it. Old issues that I do not see - no front windshield distortion, no dent in the front dash, no mirror wobble.

Came loaded with mostly all the parts - missing sub trunk cover and parcel shelf. Oddly, had the corner piece 🤷🏽‍♂️ Tesla said pretty much all are missing those and I did not put up a fit to try and them from a car that has been sitting there for weeks. Mine is going to sit in the garage for a week and then PPF, tint, ceramic for a week. So I will ping them when I get closer to picking up my car from the detailer and see if they have them so that I can swing by and grab them. At that point, I am going to be driving it daily and really want those.

Came the summer tires - south Texas, really do not care. I will monitor them in the winter, but I am not in a huge rush to replace them.

For now, the wait is over and I am elated to say the least. Wife is too, she told me she never wants to hear about TMC again. So I think you guys won in that battle

More photos to come post tint, PPF and ceramic.
View attachment 736082 View attachment 736083 View attachment 736084
Beautiful car! Enjoy your ride after paint protection and tint. Keep us posted

Beautiful car and a gorgeous light color interior. You have been an ever present member in these forums. Please don’t go away, and post some updates on your learning curve with the yoke. Don’t know about the others here, but I sure will enjoy reading those updates!
Appreciate that, thank you. I will definitely still be around. Yoke was a non-issue from drive one. First turn was a u-turn, although it was across four lanes. Regardless, no issues. I did palm air / slip when turning in reverse. But that’s three hours into ownership, I’d expect it. Look forward to using it more and more.
Beautiful car! Enjoy your ride after paint protection and tint. Keep us posted
Thanks so much! Will do.

Did they tell you to schedule or did you reach out to someone? I have a VIN and an EDD that starts on Sunday, but when I asked the SC if I could schedule they held strong with "We'll text you"
I called. They verified the vehicle was in transport. They called the delivery center to see if it was scheduled. They then gave me the earliest delivery date. Within a couple of hours they were calling to formalize the delivery schedule.

Got in my EDD window yesterday and it slipped out again today. Went from 11/22 - 12/20 to 12/10 - 12/31. Anyone have similar experience with your date slipping 2 weeks once you get in the window? This is 4th time for me and started in October. Wondering when I should expect the EDD to narrow.
Yeah. Similar. I truly think yours will be pulled back in very soon to 2 week window like several of us have reported today. All were pushed out to end of year 3 week window immediately prior.