Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to report back. Took delivery yesterday. This is my first Tesla but 3rd EV. My other car is an x7.
Initial impressions, luxury does not compare. Will drive it a bit more to understand and get comfortable.
Delivery was a breeze. Car came with a couple of scratches on the front fender, have a service appointment for it. Have not pushed the car yet, for 0-60 etc.
The yoke was not a problem at all, was able to use the indicators no issues there. Initially had to figure where left and right was, that’s about it.
But from what I see, it’s a stark improvement from previous S’es. Ride quality and cabin noise are notably better.
Good luck to the folks waiting. Saw quite a few S’es getting ready for delivery at Fremont, fwiw.
Cheers!
Yeah, have to temper our expectations. Tesla's are "premium" electric vehicles, not "luxury" electric vehicles in wording they've always used ;-) Our BMW is nicer, and I'd say even our new Ford F150 King Ranch is more luxurious and comfortable with features...

Just noticed that while the timeline for MSLR delivery is now June 2022 for 21” wheels and October 2022 for 19” wheels, order a Plaid with either wheel config is December delivery.

That should end any question of supply chain issues for 19” wheels. It’s all a revenue grab.
I don't doubt that revenue grabbing happens, but in the case of Plaids, the reason why the website shows delivery for December is simply because there is existing inventory of them from the initial batch of Plaids that were built. I got this information from my SA at Tesla.

Just noticed that while the timeline for MSLR delivery is now June 2022 for 21” wheels and October 2022 for 19” wheels, order a Plaid with either wheel config is December delivery.

That should end any question of supply chain issues for 19” wheels. It’s all a revenue grab.
Or you can get any other premium color (not white) and 19 wheels with June EDD, that's slightly cheaper than 21 wheels.

EDD updated today from 12/2-12/16 to February. Hoping it will go back soon and get a VIN. 🤷‍♂️ We will see.
Same thing happened to me last Friday. Before that i had a window of 11/28-12/26.

Called the a SA and asked why its showing February in all of the sudden. He said he still sees the previous date range that i mentioned above. He said there was a server crash a week ago and thats why a lot of people are seeing February dates. He said im in the endgame now and should expect a Vin soon. I ordered in May. RN1149

Jan order. Date change today from Nov estimated delivery. Hopefully finally getting closer
1637771749715.jpeg

From my observation it is clearly a revenue grab. I think Tesla is going isn’t in any hurry to flush out pre price increase cars until after the end of 4th quarter this year. I have seen posts mentioning that Tesla isn’t doing this but like you observed getting a Plaid in a month is all the evidence I need.

Reactions: jackk and aerodyne
Total BS.

Why does Tesla even keep these people on the payroll? I’m not able to tell what their actual job function is.

To keep us in the dark, and shine us on (cough FSD is BS cough) as long as possible. I'm sure they are trained well by the example set by upper management in how they treat the underlings.

Who invented that 4 letter word "S**N" Not the grunts, you can be assured.

And the shareholders are to blame as well, to some degree. Yes, I sold most of my shares, but am still part of the problem.

But the CT is paid for should it ever show up, so I'm happy, if feeling slightly guilty.