Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery today and I’m reasonably pleased. Everything was there with the exception of the privacy screen in back. There were three small problems. A small chip in the paint on the leading edge of the frunk. A small crack in the wood trim next to the main display. You wouldn’t have noticed it if the light wasn’t right. And a small wrinkle in the back seat. All of which they’re taking care of. Body seams looked good.

From a driving perspective, I can tell the weight difference between the new and my old 75D. Acceleration is good! It does not have the latest software. It’s 2021.35.103. If it doesn’t update to 2021.40.6 in the next day or two, I’ll talk to the SC. Nobody at the SC seems to know how to find the radio ID number so I can set up Sirius XM.

It drives great and the yoke has not been a problem! All in all, I’m pleased.

I got a text from Tesla asking if I am really going to be paying cash for the car or not. Got me really excited about somehow getting the car early. Obviously not happening with an RN1157. Wonder why they would even send that out this far from my EDD. I don’t even know if I’m paying cash or not yet!
Interesting. I ordered 9/26 but in MD. My EDD has been stuck in Feb-Mar for awhile.

Reactions: Vinny860
Took delivery of my 2021 Model S (MF455xxx) earlier today. A thousand thanks to all the contributors to this board, particularly for the shared experiences and the delivery checklist.

I took my time walking through the checklist. My S was in excellent shape overall. I have the Yoke worm, but it looks like that is a feature and not a bug. Not distracting. Only problem was scratches on the front and rear bumper cover. Probably lot / transport related. I've set up a service appointment to address them. Missing Trunk Privacy Cover and Corner Storage Cover, floor mats, however, were installed.

The Model S is absolutely worth the wait. My shorthand description for it is a rocket combined with a gaming computer. The acceleration is addictive, the steering is precise, the audio system is the best I've ever experienced.

I really like the Yoke. There will be a learning curve--I've already unintentionally washed the windshield, and reached for the non-existent turn signal stalk.

I mounted my EZPass (Virginia) to the right of the rear view mirror assembly and 1" down from the roof line. This is the location Virginia specifies. Tested it out and the detectors had no problem reading it. It looks like the Owner's Manual specified lower, right corner of the windshield is not necessary.

Matter of personal taste, the S looks great in Solid Black. I thought about matte PPF, but the gloss look is so good I'll go with clear.

I don't see buying another ICE vehicle. We'll keep our 2012 Mustang GT convertible, but I may be replacing my 2020 Lincoln Navigator sooner that I thought, probably with a Rivian R1T (or S), at least until Cybertrucks are in full production.

Attachments

• 2021 Model S LR Driver's.jpeg
    2021 Model S LR Driver's.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 2021 Model S LR Front Left.jpeg
    2021 Model S LR Front Left.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 2021 Model S LR Front.jpeg
    2021 Model S LR Front.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 2021 Model S LR Rear Right.jpeg
    2021 Model S LR Rear Right.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 2021 Model S LR Rear.jpeg
    2021 Model S LR Rear.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 81
I just went from 12/17-31 to Jan 19-Feb 16. This is bullshit. Might be my last straw with Tesla.

Same here. Happened within the last hour. EDD went from Dec 10-31 to Jan 13 - Feb 17. So frustrating. :mad:

Order # RN1149 on May 11 2021. MS LR Multi-coat Red, Cream interior, 19", FSD,

My EDD just got pushed back as well to Jan 11-Feb 8. RN1511, white/cream/19”, no fsd, June order date.

Same just happened to me.. Was December delivery date then looked on 11/26 and moved back to mid Jan-mid Feb. :(

First day of EDD again, tomorrow. No communication, no movement and no VIN. Fingers crossed for window narrowing rather than push out…

Trying to clean out the garage so that we can park two cars in anticipation of the MS. Found our marriage certificate that has not been seen in several decades…. 😂😂😂

Y'all can't complain till you've hit 8+ months of waiting :D

It’s just unacceptable. Whose to say it doesn’t get pushed further out again and again and again… people need to have an accurate expectation of when they will receive an automobile, that already has a deposit down. I sold my truck 2 months ago expecting the car in November.

Just pisses me off and has already turned me off on Tesla. I won’t be recommending them to anyone regardless of how cool the car is or how much media hype they get about their stock price. Don’t bait and switch someone ready to drop $100k. I’ll go buy another rental house now.

Make sure it has a level 2 outlet if you want top dollar rent..lol

Y'all can't complain till you've hit 8+ months of waiting :D
I wouldn't mind the waiting if expectations weren't being set. For example, I placed a reservation for a Cybertruck about 2 months after Tesla started taking reservations, and because there's no EDD advertised for my Cybertruck order, I don't mind the wait.

But when the Tesla apps' UI suddenly changes and tells you that 'We're building your car' and provides an EDD of Dec 10 - Dec 31, and then the EDD range gets pushed out 5 weeks to Jan 13 - Feb 10 ( see attached screenshot ), I'm not so sure that my car was ever really being built in the first place. It becomes a trust issue, and I don't like the feeling of not trusting what my favorite car company is telling me.

But I'll wait. I have no choice if I want the car. Which I do. And I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Order # RN1149 on May 11 2021. MS LR Multi-coat Red, Cream interior, 19", FSD,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211128-061327_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-061327_Tesla.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 70
Maybe a lot of the EDD bush back results from this letter sent to "Everybody" on November 26th

Per my email several weeks ago, our focus this quarter should be on minimizing *cost* of deliveries, rather than spending heavily on expedite fees, overtime and temporary contractors just so that cars arrive in Q4.

What has happened historically is that we sprint like crazy at end of quarter to maximize deliveries, but then deliveries drop massively in the first few weeks of the quarter. In effect, looked at over a six month period, we won’t have delivered any extra cars, but we would have spent a lot of extra money and burned ourselves out to accelerate deliveries in the last two weeks of each quarter!

We will still have quite a big wave of deliveries in the last few weeks of December, as we don’t yet have high volume production in Europe or Texas, which means a lot of cars on boats from China to Europe and on trucks/rail from California to the east coast arriving late in the quarter, but this is nonetheless the right time to start reducing the size of the wave in favor of a steadider and more efficient pace of deliveries. The right principle is: take the most efficient action, as though we were not publicly traded and the notion of “end of quarter” didn’t exist.