Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another red config EDD pushed out yet again this time to January 13 - February 10. The kid in me wonders if I'll ever get this car.

I'm already dead inside....
Dead inside for what? Why doesn't anyone read things here. Sure some people are getting their cars with higher RNs, just be happy you ordered and they actually were building cars. Lots of us ordered way back when there was only a promise of production. And many are still waiting. Jan 13-Feb10 seems good to me, after I've waited nearly 9 months, others over a year.

Dead inside for what? Why doesn't anyone read things here. Sure some people are getting their cars with higher RNs, just be happy you ordered and they actually were building cars. Lots of us ordered way back when there was only a promise of production. And many are still waiting. Jan 13-Feb10 seems good to me, after I've waited nearly 9 months, others over a year.
It was a joke. This is my third Tesla so I know the drill. It's normal to share the frustration most of us feel when finish line keeps getting pushed out every time its within reach. It's also clear Tesla has ways to go when it comes to communication. We have documented EDD has very little validity and yet we still track it anyway.

Red Model S L/R- Ordered in June for October delivery. Got switched around from late December to November, back to December and as of this morning now to March-April.

I’m not stressed about it, just sharing the information for others who want to get a picture of what is going on with these deliveries.

The one thing that stinks for me is I’ve been holding off on replacing a tire that has a slow leak. I’m not sure I’ll be able to hold off until March or later.

But when the Tesla apps' UI suddenly changes and tells you that 'We're building your car' and provides an EDD of Dec 10 - Dec 31, and then the EDD range gets pushed out 5 weeks to Jan 13 - Feb 10 ( see attached screenshot ), I'm not so sure that my car was ever really being built in the first place.
That is generic text. It says the same thing for someone with an expected delivery date of August next year.

With the theory that recent pushbacks could be due to Elon asking to reduce delivery costs. Can we find out if the eeds pushed back are orders that require far away deliveries such as Midwest or east cost
Only real way would be to track orders against delivery location. I think there’s a spreadsheet, or six, out there that could help.

Only real way would be to track orders against delivery location. I think there’s a spreadsheet, or six, out there that could help.
My guess is that many of the recent push backs will have their cars made by EOQ but take up to a month to get delivered.

I think that is also why we are seeing an uptick of posts about customers with a VIN complaining about the delay of the final delivery. Especially the cars that are stuck in Fremont.

This is a better business model for long term customer satisfaction IMHO. Unfortunate for us getting pushed back though....

As a first time Tesla future owner since I haven’t gotten my car yet hence the future. I think the company’s policy of prioritizing deliveries is very unfair and inexcusable. I understand logistics could have an effect and some orders might get delivered before others however that should be the exception not the rule. There should be no excuse for those who have been waiting more then 7-8 months not have their orders delivered. Betting on the fact that the car we are talking about might be the best car ever produced and that Tesla popularity and demand are above and beyond still not an excuse. For Elon to issue such an order from a profit cost angle instead of trying to fulfill older orders is inexcusable and unjustified. He should be ashamed of what we as people who have been waiting months and seeing more recent more expensive orders prioritized think of him. Tesla should be better than this.

As a first time Tesla future owner since I haven’t gotten my car yet hence the future. I think the company’s policy of prioritizing deliveries is very unfair and inexcusable. I understand logistics could have an effect and some orders might get delivered before others however that should be the exception not the rule. There should be no excuse for those who have been waiting more then 7-8 months not have their orders delivered. Betting on the fact that the car we are talking about might be the best car ever produced and that Tesla popularity and demand are above and beyond still not an excuse. For Elon to issue such an order from a profit cost angle instead of trying to fulfill older orders is inexcusable and unjustified. He should be ashamed of what we as people who have been waiting months and seeing more recent more expensive orders prioritized think of him. Tesla should be better than this.
We all moan and complain but are not willing to leave the table - so why would Tesla care to make changes? it makes for good catharsis but overwhelming demand carrys the day for the company

I wouldn't mind the waiting if expectations weren't being set. For example, I placed a reservation for a Cybertruck about 2 months after Tesla started taking reservations, and because there's no EDD advertised for my Cybertruck order, I don't mind the wait.

But when the Tesla apps' UI suddenly changes and tells you that 'We're building your car' and provides an EDD of Dec 10 - Dec 31, and then the EDD range gets pushed out 5 weeks to Jan 13 - Feb 10 ( see attached screenshot ), I'm not so sure that my car was ever really being built in the first place. It becomes a trust issue, and I don't like the feeling of not trusting what my favorite car company is telling me.

But I'll wait. I have no choice if I want the car. Which I do. And I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Order # RN1149 on May 11 2021. MS LR Multi-coat Red, Cream interior, 19", FSD,

It is hard to be patient, esp. since you have the dessert configuration like me (cream, walnut, 🍒 red). But most all say it is worth the wait.

And it is not like there are a lot of other EV options out there. Either they are inferior and or overpriced, or also delayed.

Just woke up to a new pushed back edd. Went from Jan 12 - Feb 9 to Feb 25 - March 25. Looks like I'll be sharing a car with my wife after we turn in her leased vehicle on Feb 6th. That's what I get for telling all my friends i will be getting it in December.

I'm planning a trip out to my delivery center tomorrow. I go on the 29th of each month to look around and see if anything interesting has changed. It's about a 50 mile drive each way, so not too big a deal. They are friendly and seem to have a way of seeing what they call a facility date for my order, which has always tracked closely with my edd range. I can also entertain the fantasy that while I'm there, they'll tell me they have a car that just had it's financing fail, that is my exact configuration and would I like to take it today.

Interestingly, this new edd is almost exactly what the ordering page said when I placed my order back on July 29th. It said edd February - March.

In other news, my son in law took delivery of his plaid about a week ago. He had first pre ordered a plaid+ back when that was still a thing, but got his order changed to a plaid. It's black with black and graphite interior with 21 inch wheels. Couldn't drive it because he got a parking spot in front of his house in Brooklyn, NY and if we moved it, finding a new parking spot wouldn't have been easy. Not where I would want to live, but I digress. The build quality was excellent. All panels were right, paint was right, interior was fine with no wrinkles, properly aligned rear door cards and no worm. His yoke and steering column are black. I don't think I ever saw that on other cars, it's always been grey in every other one I've seen. Is this a plaid thing or have I just not been observant? I'm not a fan of black interiors, so I don't look too closely at them.

The software had just updated to latest .40 build and he showed me the notice about it including ANC. However, when we looked in sound settings where it should have been, there was no sign of it. I read somewhere that the ANC software is in that build, but it's only available to a subset of cars with advanced software update enabled. Oh well, by the time I get my car, it'll probably be there. Maybe. I hope.

With Elon's latest email to his troops instructing them to not go crazy with rushed deliveries at the end of quarters any more, we may see improved build quality and delivery experiences at the expense of longer delivery times. If true, is it worth it? Only you can decide.

His yoke and steering column are black. I don't think I ever saw that on other cars, it's always been grey in every other one I've seen. Is this a plaid thing or have I just not been observant? I'm not a fan of black interiors, so I don't look too closely at them.
Pretty sure they are all black. Never seen anything different.
The software had just updated to latest .40 build and he showed me the notice about it including ANC. However, when we looked in sound settings where it should have been, there was no sign of it. I read somewhere that the ANC software is in that build, but it's only available to a subset of cars with advanced software update enabled. Oh well, by the time I get my car, it'll probably be there. Maybe. I hope.
What do you mean ‘notice’? Release notes? ARNR is in the software build, but hidden behind early access program enrolled VINs. You have to be invited and even then, you have to get the software.