Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been reading this thread for the past several weeks as my EDD got closer. The information gained here was very helpful and sometimes worth a chuckle or two. Just for information purposes:
RN11518, ordered 6/20/21, MSLR Red/cream/19"/ no FSD

Received VIN Friday afternoon 11/26 (the EDD was a 3-4 week window for long time and was always moved out as it approached. A two week window seems to trigger some sort of seriousness. Our window came, then was moved out. Waited a week, then was moved back up again with a 1 week window. One more adjustment to EDD by 1-2 days and then all good.) Today 11/28, stopped by the dealership and the car was on the lot waiting for service center to detail and get ready. Granted that we live 1.5/2 hrs from Fremont, near Sacramento, but the car must have gone almost directly off the assembly line onto a truck. Still waiting official notification of when we can pick up car, but it will be this week.

Car looks great and very excited to finally drive it. Thanks y'all!

Been reading this thread for the past several weeks as my EDD got closer. The information gained here was very helpful and sometimes worth a chuckle or two. Just for information purposes:
RN11518, ordered 6/20/21, MSLR Red/cream/19"/ no FSD

Received VIN Friday afternoon 11/26 (the EDD was a 3-4 week window for long time and was always moved out as it approached. A two week window seems to trigger some sort of seriousness. Our window came, then was moved out. Waited a week, then was moved back up again with a 1 week window. One more adjustment to EDD by 1-2 days and then all good.) Today 11/28, stopped by the dealership and the car was on the lot waiting for service center to detail and get ready. Granted that we live 1.5/2 hrs from Fremont, near Sacramento, but the car must have gone almost directly off the assembly line onto a truck. Still waiting official notification of when we can pick up car, but it will be this week.

Car looks great and very excited to finally drive it. Thanks y'all!
MF or NF VIN?

I received a random text today from my SA today that at first got me excited, but then left me confused and a little less hopeful for a December Delivery. What do you guy’s /gal’s think? Should I believe the SA or ignore her and stay hopeful? My estimated delivery date as of this moment hasn’t changed and has been this way the majority of the time since the big email update in August.

P.S. Wannabe Hopeful Woodchuck 😅

Attachments

• 41B31D81-88EE-4BD7-A72B-1D983FE0CE69.jpeg
    41B31D81-88EE-4BD7-A72B-1D983FE0CE69.jpeg
    801.9 KB · Views: 103
  • E5B49D08-AE95-4F22-8AD1-CCFC46CF3741.jpeg
    E5B49D08-AE95-4F22-8AD1-CCFC46CF3741.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 74
I received a random text today from my SA today that at first got me excited, but then left me confused and a little less hopeful for a December Delivery. What do you guy’s /gal’s think? Should I believe the SA or ignore her and stay hopeful? My estimated delivery date as of this moment hasn’t changed and has been this way the majority of the time since the big email update in August.

P.S. Wannabe Hopeful Woodchuck 😅
They are trying to move Plaid inventory models to not sit on them at end of year. Totally valid text. And they were just reaching out to see if you wanted to trade up to a Plaid instead of the LR.

As for your specific order, who truly knows. If your date range is three weeks, it is still possible it could change. But you also have not jumped, which it seems like the last week there was a lot of movement out of December for folks previously holding.

I took my monthly trip to my delivery center to look around and talk to a SA about my recently pushed back edd.

They had about 10 model S vehicles, split evenly between LR and Plaid. All the Plaids we're MF 454 or MF 455. All the LR were MF 455 and MF 456. There was one LR 19 inch with summer tires, the rest had the Continental AS tires. Most still had a lot of the white shipping tape on large portions of the vehicles, but even so, panel gaps and etc looked good.

I spoke to one of the SA's, who never lie, are friendly, helpful and have access to more information than we do. (That has been my actual experience at this DC. Your mileage may vary.). Upon checking my account he said that he sees that the edd just moved out to mid February to mid March, but that didn't sound right. A deeper dive showed I am matched to a build date of Jan 1, so i should expect delivery about 2 weeks later, but he'd be surprised if it didn't move to end of December at some point. He also said I am only about 2 or 3 spots back in the cue, so if someone can't take delivery for some reason, which is not uncommon, I could get a call around the middle of December. I told him as long as it's my config with NF vin, I'll take it, otherwise I will patiently wait for a 2022. He also suggested I ask the service department to swap wheels with a car that has the AS tires in the unlikely event mine has the summer tires on it.

If I analyze my my facility/build dates going back to September 29, which is when I first got this data, subtracting 2 weeks from the facility date which is when they were expecting the car at the delivery center, I see only a modest change in the delivery dates.
July 29:. Car ordered. No build dates, edd varied from February March 2022 to September October 2021.
Aug 29: no build dates, just random edd in October, November and December.
New data available at end of September.
Sept 29: facility date of Dec 16, so build date of Dec 2.
Oct 29: facility date of Dec 25, so build date Dec 11
Nov 28: probable facility date Jan 15 with build date Jan 1.

So since the end of September, there has been only a 1 month push back. I find this more encouraging and consistent than the edds which jump all over the place. Perhaps if they just show us the build dates instead of an edd, there would be less stress.

Last edited:
Mine was an MF454 and I asked when the "born date" was and they said 11/19 so go figure. I was told earlier that all November builds would be 2022 so I was surprised but just glad I'm finally getting it next week.
I don’t know how much I’m buying into this… I don’t know my born on date, but I got a MF 455 VIN on 11/15 and it all says 2021. I’m not expecting to see 2022 on my car info when I get the docs later this week.