Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t know if this is helpful info for people re: vin. I asked why it’s a 2021 vin and when the car came off the line. SA replied:

So typically Tesla creates a certain number of cars each month and ships them out for delivery all at once. December deliveries are a weird mixture of 2021 and 2022 batches , but rest assure they're all coming out the factory at the same time. Hope this helps

One thing I miss. In the older S, you can have the energy usage displayed in the instrument panel. That is the one that shows current watts/mile, total usage after last charge, etc. In the refreshed S, that is not shown in the instrument panel. Unless I am totally clueless, which is a possibility. The information is now in one of the Vehicle Control tabs in the main display.
Nope, both the instrument cluster customization and energy graph are both missing from the refreshed software.

• Informative
Reactions: bllydia
See if you can take delivery and then come back when they have the seats. I personally would rather have a torn seat for 2 weeks than no car at all.

I asked and they said they want to deliver a "pristine" car. We're out of the country on Dec 15, which is a vacation we've already moved once because of this car - so if those seats aren't here by then, they are going to let me take delivery and bring it back later for the seats.

Been reading this thread for the past several weeks as my EDD got closer. The information gained here was very helpful and sometimes worth a chuckle or two. Just for information purposes:
RN11518, ordered 6/20/21, MSLR Red/cream/19"/ no FSD

Received VIN Friday afternoon 11/26 (the EDD was a 3-4 week window for long time and was always moved out as it approached. A two week window seems to trigger some sort of seriousness. Our window came, then was moved out. Waited a week, then was moved back up again with a 1 week window. One more adjustment to EDD by 1-2 days and then all good.) Today 11/28, stopped by the dealership and the car was on the lot waiting for service center to detail and get ready. Granted that we live 1.5/2 hrs from Fremont, near Sacramento, but the car must have gone almost directly off the assembly line onto a truck. Still waiting official notification of when we can pick up car, but it will be this week.

Car looks great and very excited to finally drive it. Thanks y'all!
I got so excited when I saw your post today. I have the same order, ordered 6/03/21, MSLR Red/cream/19"/ no FSD /RN1150 / NM delivery . I figured mine must be close too ready as well..... logged in..... EDD moved to April 22. Can anyone make sense of this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
I got so excited when I saw your post today. I have the same order, ordered 6/03/21, MSLR Red/cream/19"/ no FSD /RN1150 / NM delivery . I figured mine must be close too ready as well..... logged in..... EDD moved to April 22. Can anyone make sense of this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Have you been to the Red Room yet?

Not many have posted yet but it does seem like they are further behind on Red Deliveries.. Someone with an April order just posted he is finally taking delivery.

It's Brutal yes.

Nope, both the instrument cluster customization and energy graph are both missing from the refreshed software.
Glad I read this thread today. Earlier today I was pushing the steering wheel scrolls all different ways hoping To find the energy details.

Does anyone know how to tell if the 2022s still have the front radar or did they switch to camera only autopilot?

Glad I read this thread today. Earlier today I was pushing the steering wheel scrolls all different ways hoping To find the energy details.

Does anyone know how to tell if the 2022s still have the front radar or did they switch to camera only autopilot?
Unless there was a change in plans, radars were to only be installed in Model S and X and would be using radar for autopilot

<rant> I was supposed to get home delivery of my June RN 1150 order today. But DCU loan check hasn't been mailed yet, and I'm not able to get hold of them. My loan was approved last week, and I already have the loan account in my DCU app/website.
The Tesla delivery is refusing delivery until I can give them a photo of the check and tracking number. :( And they're only going to wait until tomorrow for it. Quite a frustrating experience TBH. </rant>
Just a word of caution for those especially in the bay area - If you're using DCU, try to get the loan approved as soon as you get a VIN, so that there's no delay in the check being mailed. Also, once you start the loan process, you need to proactively call DCU to send them the MVPA before they can approve the loan. I was thinking they'll send me a link to upload the docs but it wasn't so, at least for me.
Weird, they emailed me a scan of the check same day they sent it out overnight Fedex...

Reactions: Jet007
Wow, that's a long time for an EDD to have a "TBD" status! I understand your pain. Are there any parts of your Tesla profile still awaiting completion? If so, completing your profile may trigger an EDD update.
Alas, my profile is complete. I've spoken to my SA, DA, 800-number, and the local store. All say my account is prepped and ready to receive a car. They all say an EDD is up to Fremont and there's nothing to do.
I did get a slightly different story from my Delivery Agent who told me EDDs are only assigned after I'm matched to a VIN... Oh, Tesla.