Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
getting to keep the summers is a home run! will you switch in the summer to get better performance and/or prolong the all seasons? that would likely be my play. i hope i get that win you just described!
I was surprised they asked me if I wanted to keep them, unprompted. I thought it was too good to pass up. After trying in vain to sell them, I decided to keep the AS with OEM wheels and aero caps (I like the Aeros on the blackout I’ve done), and put the summer Pirellis on new wheels I’ve yet to purchase. I’ll run the AS from October thru April and then run the summers from May-September.

Yes, I got the summers swapped for AS (also had it in writing from SA prior to delivery) and they let me keep the summers.

I also had the door closing issue stated by @donandersonjr and the closing force required has diminished over time. I was told the condition was “in spec”.
If they get changed out on Saturday, they will have less than 500 miles. If they offered, I would keep them, but I doubt it.

Reactions: GrnSqrl
If they get changed out on Saturday, they will have less than 500 miles. If they offered, I would keep them, but I doubt it.
I was thinking the same thing, but then they asked. If they don’t ask you, it doesn’t hurt for you to inquire. They can’t sell them as new by putting them on another car.

Reactions: donandersonjr
Schedule to pick up our MS (fomerly long range) on Saturday afternoon in SLC. The Delivery agent said they were planning to truck it down to us in St. George (4 1/2 hours from SLC) but that would cost us $750 and I worried that we wouldn’t have the ability to inspect before accepting delivery. Car was born 2 weeks ago and is in Utah now so they wanted a few days to get it prepped. Our most expensive car ever - our two previous Teslas have been used. Fingers crossed.

My delivery appointment got bumped one day...from tomorrow to Thursday. Car arriving to the SC late today, and they need at least a full day for delivery prep. So close, yet so far........

But what's another day after 9.5 months of waiting?
My delivery is tight too and I hoped I don't get bounced on Monday, 12/6/21...although I have one day as a buffer and then I head out of town for a week... Fingers crossed. Good luck on your delivery...

Reactions: BruinIvy
Thanks! I called them this morning, and they promptly sent me a scan of the check and the tracking number. 🎉
I'd slated for home delivery this afternoon. Hopefully things go smooth. 🤞
Huge thanks to this community for all the useful information during the ~6 month wait. :)
My 2022 car was home delivered today without any issues.
Didn't have a lot of time to go over it yet, but so far I only notice some panel gaps which are within my threshold for acceptance. :)
The interior looks nice and clean, having never been inside a refreshed Model S before. Rode around the block and it drives like a dream.
Good luck to everyone waiting, and to repeat the hackneyed phrase "It's worth the wait!"

Attachments

• 20211130_113306.jpg
    20211130_113306.jpg
    754.3 KB · Views: 94
When I ordered, I never got an SA. In fact, nobody at all has contacted me about my order since I placed it in July. Does anybody know what I do to get assigned someone?
Call up your local service center / where you will take delivery and go through the menu to new car sales. And from there, you should be able to find someone who you can talk to. Not sure it is worth the effort to get assigned one specific person, unless you have had a long relationship with that person. For example, I have known my SA since I ordered my original Tesla back in 2019. And have retained a relationship with them.

Or if a delivery / service center is close, drop by and talk to someone. One of the individuals there should be able to take on your account.

Again, in my situation, since the "SA" I had the relationship did not work delivery center deliveries, my account actually got "re-assigned" (in my opinion) closer to delivery and I was working with one of the local SAs there at the delivery center for the last two weeks prior to delivery. Tracking, setting up an appointment, then actually walking me through delivery day.

Last edited:
When I ordered, I never got an SA. In fact, nobody at all has contacted me about my order since I placed it in July. Does anybody know what I do to get assigned someone?
Like many others here, I ordered back in June. EDD have bounced around a bunch before landing on 12/10-12/24 three weeks ago. The next day, I received a phone call from a SA (first contact from anyone at Tesla) introducing himself and that he’s the person who will guide me thru the process once a VIN is assigned (which I still don’t have as of today). He mentioned my delivery date “shouldn’t” move off of the this again (we’ll see). Hope it helps.

Call up your local service center / where you will take delivery and go through the menu to new car sales. And from there, you should be able to find someone who you can talk to. Not sure it is worth the effort to get assigned one specific person, unless you have had a long relationship with that person. Or if a deliver / service center is close, drop by and talk to someone. One of the individuals there should be able to take on your account.

According to Tesla support, they no longer assign SA's. At least that's what they told me when I requested one back in October.

• Informative
Reactions: EVTag and cwanja
I was surprised they asked me if I wanted to keep them, unprompted. I thought it was too good to pass up. After trying in vain to sell them, I decided to keep the AS with OEM wheels and aero caps (I like the Aeros on the blackout I’ve done), and put the summer Pirellis on new wheels I’ve yet to purchase. I’ll run the AS from October thru April and then run the summers from May-September.
I'd do that as well. I THINK the summer tires might only be rated a short lifespan, like 10,000 miles or so, so if you don't sell them, I'd run them ragged and then toss and forget about them.