Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would love to see photos of your wheels with the covers on. 😃
While I have the caps and covers, I’m still awaiting my car so I’ll have to defer to someone who has the car…
😉

Reactions: cwanja and BruinIvy
Here are some. Lmk if you wanna see the car from any angle. I’ll take pics from the back tomorrow - totally forgot today. Also found another flaw with my car. The rear middle seat won’t latch up to become a seat. Guess the latch is broken.
Looks gorgeous. I was on the fence, white or cream. I think the cream is softer and warmer; the white is more sterile and extreme, and I think more futuristic looking, both look great, and it was almost a coin flip between the two. Enjoy!

Looks gorgeous. I was on the fence, white or cream. I think the cream is softer and warmer; the white is more sterile and extreme, and I think more futuristic looking, both look great, and it was almost a coin flip between the two. Enjoy!
Thank you! I actually had a blue/white 19s on order from June. The white interior was taking too long, I needed a car before December and my Edd was march for 2ish months so no chance.

Not sure I follow you.. If I wanna make the center seat an armrest I click the button to unlatch it from the back of the actual bench or whatever and it is tipped down. That is how it is designed to be. However, my problem is that when I try to push the middle seat back up (so it can be used as an actual seat), it goes up but won't latch. That leaves it so if the driver brakes hard, the middle seat will just fly down into the "tipped" position. From what I can understand it looks like just the latch is broken. I could be wrong however.

Upon further investigation, I have determined that I was mistaken and your arm rest is supposed to be at that angle. The latch does need attention though. This one I am sure of...If you look at the rear door card (interior door panel), you will notice that it's back edge is not aligned with the rest of the interior. None of the trim or even the top of the door card is aligned. It's about 1/4 - 1/2 inch higher than it should be. The most obvious part to see is the thin chrome strip on the door card. Follow it to the back of the panel and see how it misaligns with the matching chrome strip on the fixed interior panel by the end of the seat. This was an almost universal problem in early builds of both the LR and Plaid versions. It was corrected in manufacturing and hasn't been seen in a few months. When you bring the car in for the armrest latch, have them look at the rear door cards as well. Otherwise, the car is a stunner. Blue and cream is a beautiful combination.

Hi everyone, I FINALLY GOT MY CAR!!! This thing is INSANE! I can't stop thinking about it and am driving it every free second I have. And when I'm not driving in it, I'm sitting in it in my garage. 🤪

I'm coming from a 2013 P85, which is the only car I've owned in the last ~9 years and the Refresh S is an enormous upgrade. It's making me realize I probably should have upgraded my car sooner, but that 2013 S85 has been so good to me that I never felt the need until recently. Anyway, with that context in mind, here are some initial impressions (none of which are new to this forum, but I'll share anyway):

• Mine is an NF build and the exterior build quality is great overall, though I will admit that my standards aren't super high. (I have a young kid and I live in a dense city, so I figure this thing is going to get beaten up inside and out pretty quickly). Panel gaps are quite good. The gap on the left side of the trunk is ever so slightly wider than on the right, but to me it's not really noticeable unless you're really staring at it. Paint looks great. The only weird thing is that is that the paint on the hood feels rough compared to the rest of the car. I wonder if maybe they just didn't wax it or something? Anything I should be concerned about?
  • Interior build quality also looks great to me. The rear door panels are well aligned. There is some wrinkling on the seats, but not enough to bother me (you can see it in the attached pics) since they are going to get wrinkled over time anyway. There are a few very small stains here and there on the "leather." I'll just see if I can wipe them away. You can't really see them unless you shine a bright light and are looking closely.
  • The rear window has some distortion along the very bottom--again not enough to bother me. Other windows seem fine.
  • Even though the SAs told me I'd get all seasons, they delivered it to me with the Pirelli tires, which I think are the summer tires unless I'm mistaken. This is going to be an issue for me since I spend a lot of time in Tahoe. Anyone know what winter tires to get?
  • Car came with floor mats and the trunk privacy cover.
  • Car updated last night to the latest software.
  • The yoke is totally not a big deal for me. I've done all sorts of turns, three pointers, parallel parking, all with no problem. I was super worried about it after reading all the comments on these forums, but I adjusted almost immediately. And I find it super fun. I'm going to hate driving cars with steering wheels.
  • The turn signals and shifting on the screen are somewhat more problematic. With the turn signals in particular, it's hard to use them without looking down at the yoke. Maybe I'll figure it out over time. But definitely not a deal breaker for me. The yoke is super fun and makes up for it. Shifting on the screen takes a little getting used to but no biggie.
  • Since when did they downgrade the included charging cable to 32 amps max? That's a bummer. At least I have the mobile connector from my 2013, which supports 40 amps.
  • I am blown away by the acceleration, quietness of the cabin, the handling, the comfort on our terrible CA roads, and pretty much everything, especially compared to my 2013 S85.
I'm super happy after my ten month wait. Thanks to all of you for keeping me sane and well entertained. For those of you who are still waiting, it's totally worth it! Super fun car. Attaching some pics. Apologies that I'm not the best photographer.

Attachments

• IMG_1270.jpeg
    IMG_1270.jpeg
    798.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1223.jpeg
    IMG_1223.jpeg
    522.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1264.jpeg
    IMG_1264.jpeg
    442.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1226.jpeg
    IMG_1226.jpeg
    375.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Back of car.jpg
    Back of car.jpg
    838.8 KB · Views: 84
Hi everyone, I FINALLY GOT MY CAR!!! This thing is INSANE! I can't stop thinking about it and am driving it every free second I have. And when I'm not driving in it, I'm sitting in it in my garage. 🤪

I'm coming from a 2013 P85, which is the only car I've owned in the last ~9 years and the Refresh S is an enormous upgrade. It's making me realize I probably should have upgraded my car sooner, but that 2013 S85 has been so good to me that I never felt the need until recently. Anyway, with that context in mind, here are some initial impressions (none of which are new to this forum, but I'll share anyway):

• Mine is an NF build and the exterior build quality is great overall, though I will admit that my standards aren't super high. (I have a young kid and I live in a dense city, so I figure this thing is going to get beaten up inside and out pretty quickly). Panel gaps are quite good. The gap on the left side of the trunk is ever so slightly wider than on the right, but to me it's not really noticeable unless you're really staring at it. Paint looks great. The only weird thing is that is that the paint on the hood feels rough compared to the rest of the car. I wonder if maybe they just didn't wax it or something? Anything I should be concerned about?
  • Interior build quality also looks great to me. The rear door panels are well aligned. There is some wrinkling on the seats, but not enough to bother me (you can see it in the attached pics) since they are going to get wrinkled over time anyway. There are a few very small stains here and there on the "leather." I'll just see if I can wipe them away. You can't really see them unless you shine a bright light and are looking closely.
  • The rear window has some distortion along the very bottom--again not enough to bother me. Other windows seem fine.
  • Even though the SAs told me I'd get all seasons, they delivered it to me with the Pirelli tires, which I think are the summer tires unless I'm mistaken. This is going to be an issue for me since I spend a lot of time in Tahoe. Anyone know what winter tires to get?
  • Car came with floor mats and the trunk privacy cover.
  • Car updated last night to the latest software.
  • The yoke is totally not a big deal for me. I've done all sorts of turns, three pointers, parallel parking, all with no problem. I was super worried about it after reading all the comments on these forums, but I adjusted almost immediately. And I find it super fun. I'm going to hate driving cars with steering wheels.
  • The turn signals and shifting on the screen are somewhat more problematic. With the turn signals in particular, it's hard to use them without looking down at the yoke. Maybe I'll figure it out over time. But definitely not a deal breaker for me. The yoke is super fun and makes up for it. Shifting on the screen takes a little getting used to but no biggie.
  • Since when did they downgrade the included charging cable to 32 amps max? That's a bummer. At least I have the mobile connector from my 2013, which supports 40 amps.
  • I am blown away by the acceleration, quietness of the cabin, the handling, the comfort on our terrible CA roads, and pretty much everything, especially compared to my 2013 S85.
I'm super happy after my ten month wait. Thanks to all of you for keeping me sane and well entertained. For those of you who are still waiting, it's totally worth it! Super fun car. Attaching some pics. Apologies that I'm not the best photographer.
Congrats on the car! I ordered the same specs. Looks beautiful! The MSM is a perfect match with the 19’s. Great review also. Any QC issues?

Be very careful. The tires get bad below 45 degrees. At 32 degrees, at 30 mph, with any moisture on the road, even if it's not frozen, stopping distances are doubled. This also means turning, even at low speed is hazardous. If the temperatures get down to 20 degrees or lower, chunks of the tire can break off. Drive as if you have 4 giant hockey pucks for tires.
Yes, some caution is in order, but the information above is unwarranted--and extreme. The tires used on the 19" wheels are NOT Ultra High Performance tires, AFAIK.

No, "chunks of the tire" will not break off . . . until well below freezing, perhaps 0 degrees Fahrenheit or colder.

Regular "summer" tires are not that fragile.

Here is some factual info related to Ultra High Performance tires which are not, repeat, not, used on the Model S's standard, 19" wheels (but please feel free to provide evidence to the contrary):

• Informative
Reactions: Pdubs and SoCalDude
Yes, some caution is in order, but the information above is unwarranted--and extreme. The tires used on the 19" wheels are NOT Ultra High Performance tires, AFAIK.

No, "chunks of the tire" will not break off . . . until well below freezing, perhaps 0 degrees Fahrenheit or colder.

Regular "summer" tires are not that fragile.

Here is some factual info related to Ultra High Performance tires which are not, repeat, not, used on the Model S's standard, 19" wheels (but please feel free to provide evidence to the contrary):

The Pirelli tires used on the 19 inch wheels are a max performance summer tire. Pirelli will not warranty them against cracking in temperatures below 45 degrees. I absolutely stand by my warning about stopping distances near freezing temperature. These are not "regular" summer tires. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=273. I had found a chart on the Michelin site that references the increased stopping distances for the Michelin summer tires that I have seen on some of the new model s LR instead of the Pirellis. The OP lives in or near Boston MA where winter temperatures will get very low. Below 20 and even down to 0 or lower is not unusual. I have not put very much credence in anything Consumer reports says about anything automotive in over 30 years. Both Michelin and Pirelli state their high performance summer tires should not be used below 45 - 46 degrees. My own family experience with Corvette and Mercedes on high performance summer tires in winter conditions near Lake George NY revealed they were dangerous below 45 degrees and totally undrivable above 25 mph below 35 - 40 degrees. The OP needs to be very careful and on December 29, when he is scheduled to have the tires switched, he should consider having the car flat bedded to the service center if the temps are below 15 - 20 degrees.

52C486ED-36F8-4AA5-8500-2A803B34FE87.jpeg
So, I had some time this morning between kid drop off and my work schedule so I went to go snoop around for my car. I was told it was was set for 12/1 delivery and my pickup is set for 12/3 at 1:00. I thought there was a chance it might be on the lot waiting to go in for cleaning. Also, I’ve come to expect the worst from Tesla and have been dreading some “lost in transit” message. I really just needed to know it was actually here.

After looking around for about 5 miniutes I found my car parked in the back charging up for a day of diagnostics and cleaning!

Clearly very dirty and covered in tape/stickers but it’s real and it’s here!

I didn’t spend a whole lot of time inspecting it, as that is what tomorrow is for, but I did a quick look at panel gaps and all seems fine. I looked at the seats and a bit of wrinkling, but not in odd places and nothing worth fussing about. The car has the Pirelli Zeros, which I’d rather have the all seasons, but extreme cold is not common around here.

@tbaud the black/cream combo looks so good.

Speaking of, I saw a number of plaids and LRs on the lot of all colors, but there was definitely a lot of cream interiors. Looks like they had a big batch of those. The blue/cream looks awesome too.

1 more sleep!!

Last edited:
Be very careful. The tires get bad below 45 degrees. At 32 degrees, at 30 mph, with any moisture on the road, even if it's not frozen, stopping distances are doubled. This also means turning, even at low speed is hazardous. If the temperatures get down to 20 degrees or lower, chunks of the tire can break off. Drive as if you have 4 giant hockey pucks for tires.
Thanks for this, and I did a little of my own research, and it isn't great. I emailed service, but the mailbox was full. Via LinkedIn I was able to find the regional manager who promptly responded back to me promising a call today.

The Pirelli tires used on the 19 inch wheels are a max performance summer tire. Pirelli will not warranty them against cracking in temperatures below 45 degrees. I absolutely stand by my warning about stopping distances near freezing temperature. These are not "regular" summer tires. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=273. I had found a chart on the Michelin site that references the increased stopping distances for the Michelin summer tires that I have seen on some of the new model s LR instead of the Pirellis. The OP lives in or near Boston MA where winter temperatures will get very low. Below 20 and even down to 0 or lower is not unusual. I have not put very much credence in anything Consumer reports says about anything automotive in over 30 years. Both Michelin and Pirelli state their high performance summer tires should not be used below 45 - 46 degrees. My own family experience with Corvette and Mercedes on high performance summer tires in winter conditions near Lake George NY revealed they were dangerous below 45 degrees and totally undrivable above 25 mph below 35 - 40 degrees. The OP needs to be very careful and on December 29, when he is scheduled to have the tires switched, he should consider having the car flat bedded to the service center if the temps are below 15 - 20 degrees.
I escalated to a regional manager and am waiting to hear back. Will hopefully get this addressed in the next few days.