Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got a VIN: NF460!! EDD 12/18-12/23. Order date 6/15. Jacksonville, FL
MS Blk, cream interior, 21”, no FSD

How do I know if it’s a year 21 or 22 VIN?
Congrats! You have a 2022, you can tell by the “N” in the VIN. Jacksonville here also, with a 6/7/21 order still sitting at Jan-feb delivery. Beautiful color combo, you will love it :)

Noted, but I still stand by my experiences, limited that they are, that careful driving at appropriate speeds, will not destroy the standard tires when operated outside of their normal operational temperature range.

Pirelli's web guidance is limited on this, but I found no descriptions as to what they, specifically, consider to be their Ultrahigh Performance Tires. If this was a large an issue as suggested, they would provide more guidance, so I posit that it's not as large an issue as some are making it out to be.

At the end of the day, the 19" tires are the base, standard tire, selected by Tesla . . . is Tesla providing them on cars delivered to cold weather locations out of a desire to kill their customers?

Of course not.

Also: in the real world has anyone we read even ONE report, on ANY forum thread, demonstrating any of the extreme outcomes feared by some here?

Not to my knowledge . . . .

That said, YES, for normal, daily operation in extremely cold climates, the use of appropriate tires is recommended, if not required.

Let's see what the future holds, but I suspect this is much smoke where there is no fire.
I’m the OP on this question. Tesla has agreed to replace, but doesn’t have an ETA on the arrival at my service center. Heard from regional manager who said they will contact me ASAP. Thankfully, we haven’t gotten super cold yet and I’m pretty much just doing short uneventful rides.

Finally picked up day! Car was perfect except summer tires. They are giving me a check for 1500 to buy all seasons and i get to keep the summers. Not a bad deal! If you have summers and its a cold state then definitely ask for a solution . Currently they are OOS and they have now idea when all seasons will be back. 3 Ms were there and 2 with summers and the other with conti all seasons
I’m in Boston and I also got summer tires. They are going to replace them but the
eta is tbd. Let me know if you find all seasons and I’ll see if they will give me the same.

Reactions: BruinIvy
Maybe 99.9% guaranteed to change. My EDD has been "TBD" for 169 days straight. JeffR, I have less than a bit of hope.

Perhaps I'm part of the EDD monkey's experiment: "What if we don't give them an EDD at all?" Appears to be a very small control group, however.
^ So I wrote 5 days ago. No surprise that I still do not have an EDD.

But by some insane twist of fate and perhaps seasonal divine intervention, I logged into the app tonight to find a VIN! In-FREAKING-credible! NF460, no less. 173 days seeing nothing but "TBD" and now a VIN of my own.

I had psyched myself into accepting the car would be an April 2022 birthday present, but instead this will be an all-time great Christmas. Peace going out to those of you with older RNs who are still waiting. It seems the factory is in high gear, so hang in there.

I’m the OP on this question. Tesla has agreed to replace, but doesn’t have an ETA on the arrival at my service center. Heard from regional manager who said they will contact me ASAP. Thankfully, we haven’t gotten super cold yet and I’m pretty much just doing short uneventful rides.
The discussion about summer tires has been super informative, especially for the uninitiated like me. Thank you. I'm in the Bay Area of California but I spend a lot of time in Tahoe, so I bounce between moderate weather and cold weather. The SAs I was working with assured me that my car would be delivered with all season tires, but of course it came with the Pirelli summers.

I called my SC today and, shockingly, they volunteered to swap out my tires for the all seasons at no cost--I just have to wait a few weeks. Now my dilemma is what to do if I want to go to Tahoe before Tesla does the swap. I really don't want to drive my 2013 S85 out there again. It requires a 45 minute charging stop.

I no longer have access to my order on the iPhone Tesla app. Anyone else having similar issue?
All I see are the following options and when clicked they take me to the respective product pages.

Attachments

• 46B80FED-0E5F-4125-B556-02AC4166A8E4.png
    46B80FED-0E5F-4125-B556-02AC4166A8E4.png
    976 KB · Views: 95
  • AE326B2B-EB82-4E52-A70E-A868D842ACAB.png
    AE326B2B-EB82-4E52-A70E-A868D842ACAB.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 68
  • C8097BD0-5740-49A4-AC44-091F7AF90712.png
    C8097BD0-5740-49A4-AC44-091F7AF90712.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • 560788AB-0E09-44B9-B18F-02392A26E098.png
    560788AB-0E09-44B9-B18F-02392A26E098.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 65
I no longer have access to my order on the iPhone Tesla app. Anyone else having similar issue?
All I see are the following options and when clicked they take me to the respective product pages.
My Tesla iPhone app is still showing my order.

My profile page has one more option between "Account" and "Sign Out" - "Settings". Is your Tesla app updated? I'm on 4.3.1.

Or maybe you're in some experiment group? "Let's see if they buy another car or solar panels?..."

My Tesla iPhone app is still showing my order.

My profile page has one more option between "Account" and "Sign Out" - "Settings". Is your Tesla app updated? I'm on 4.3.1.

Or maybe you're in some experiment group? "Let's see if they buy another car or solar panels?..."
Hmm. I updated the app and even reinstalled it. Still shows the same. Man!! I was under the impression that humans experiment on monkeys but looks like it’s other way around.