Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some. Lmk if you wanna see the car from any angle. I’ll take pics from the back tomorrow - totally forgot today. Also found another flaw with my car. The rear middle seat won’t latch up to become a seat. Guess the latch is broken.
Beautiful! I have the same color combo coming in the spring. You have great taste!

Reactions: adnanshake200
Took delivery Wednesday night. The car is magnificent. We had a small hiccup at the SC. During the inspection and preparation for delivery, the service shop somehow got a nail in the tire and scratched the front fascia on the drivers side. Luckily they were able to swap out the tire and a new fascia is ordered and to be installed mid-December. The ppl at the SC in Rocklin, CA said they are expecting 2,000 cars to be delivered in December. The service center must be swamped and these guys got a little sloppy.

An inspection of the rest of the car resulted in very few problems. The fit and finish is much better than we expected. The "worm" in the yoke from the airbag seam is barely visible. One very small ripple in the trim along the door seal. Paint looks great. As a woman, my only small complaint it that the yoke isn't really made for smaller hands, especially at the top corners of the yoke. Love it. Hope you all have the pleasure real soon.

RN11518, ordered 6/20/21/ MSLR red/cream/19"/no FSD, Delivered 12/1/21, VIN NF460XXX
View attachment 740265
Car looks gorgeous. This was my first choice when I ordered on 6/10 but changed to MSM thinking I will get too many tickets with my heavy foot. I may have issue at first with the yoke being a petite woman with small hands. I hope I will get used to it in week. Enjoy your ride.

My EDD floats as well and is Dec, 10th to Dec, 24th. I'm ready to accept delivery when (and if) invited however I have 2 concerns.

1. I never test drove the car. Dealers have no cars for test drive. I do drive 2014 Tesla S now and I'm familiar with the brand, however I'm expecting better ride in MS LR being newer improved model. I'm also thinking of jumping the ship going to Mercedes EQS that is available now and I test drove one already. I feel that it is inappropriate for Tesla to expect me to shell $100K+ for a car that I never test drove. What are your thoughts on that.
2. I see hundreds of used Tesla Plaid and Tesla LR for sale on cars.com. The ones that have only few hundred miles I understand are speculators. However I see many cars for sale that have 5K to 15K miles on them. This group of sellers looks like they tried the car for few months and are selling because they are not happy with it. Any comments on that?

Man your giving all of us that got pushed to January a glimmer of EOY December hope still. RN1150 here and got pushed a week ago to 1/9-2/6 from mid December previously.
YES! My EDD was Dec 19-31 for 5-6 weeks before getting pushed all the way into Mar/Apr and then back to Jan 16-Feb 13. I'd love to have my EDD move up to December or even early January (to avoid the EOY crush). Not sure it will happen, with my white interior, but I keep checking my account in the hopes of seeing some movement in the right direction!

Reactions: jackk and BruinIvy
My EDD floats as well and is Dec, 10th to Dec, 24th. I'm ready to accept delivery when (and if) invited however I have 2 concerns.

1. I never test drove the car. Dealers have no cars for test drive. I do drive 2014 Tesla S now and I'm familiar with the brand, however I'm expecting better ride in MS LR being newer improved model. I'm also thinking of jumping the ship going to Mercedes EQS that is available now and I test drove one already. I feel that it is inappropriate for Tesla to expect me to shell $100K+ for a car that I never test drove. What are your thoughts on that.
2. I see hundreds of used Tesla Plaid and Tesla LR for sale on cars.com. The ones that have only few hundred miles I understand are speculators. However I see many cars for sale that have 5K to 15K miles on them. This group of sellers looks like they tried the car for few months and are selling because they are not happy with it. Any comments on that?
Thanks for directing me there.

I searched for 2021 Model S Long Range and found 75 for sale nationwide.
I searched for 2021 Model S Plaid and found 179 for sale nationwide.

It tells me that people are getting over the thrill of the Plaid quickly. Or collecting speeding tickets. 😂

This is insane...
June 12: Place my order. Hear nothing more from Tesla.
Thurs, Dec 2: VIN appears in the app (glad I checked!). I'm thinking it'll be off the assembly line and delivered in 2-3 weeks.
Fri, Dec 3: Get a call on my home phone that my car will be ready for pickup this weekend!?!? Before I can even reply, they schedule me for home delivery at 8 AM Sunday. Head spinning!

I'm super excited but c'mon this seems a little unreasonable... I called my bank immediately but they can't have the check ready until Monday. Maybe Tuesday. So now my life is flipped: my Model S is ready and they have to wait on me.

What a crazy business. This feels like my first 3.1 sec launch and I don't even have the car yet...

P.S.: The fact I went from VIN to delivery in a day hinted to me the car was assigned to another customer and they rejected it for some reason. Something wrong, I feared. So I asked the SA for the birthdate of the car. 1 Dec! Hardly enough time to have bounced through someone else's hands. I'm less suspicious now. Think I'm safe?

Last edited:

I'll comment on your first point: My wife and I had the same concern. We considered getting a Lucid ( who will let you test drive only by putting a refundable deposit first ), and scheduled a test drive with Mercedes for their EQS. But in the end, despite no ability to test drive the new Model S, we are sticking with our Tesla Model S order, which is expected to arrive between mid Jan to mid Feb 2022 ( ordered in May 2021 ). We decided to do this for three reasons:

1 - We've owned a Model 3 for two years now, and absolutely love it. Based on our experience with the Model 3, we trust the Model S will be superior.
2 - We do road trips enough where the supercharging infrastructure is important to us. When you look at the existing charging infrastructure that these other non-Tesla vehicles would have to use ( Chargepoint, Electrify America, etc. ), they are not conveniently located ( most of them are in malls ), and there aren't a lot of them. So if you plan to do any long distance driving, non-Tesla vehicles will be challenging.
3 - To get the same features of a Model S, you will have to spend more money, especially for a Mercedes EQS.

I hope this helps.

Yeah I’m feeling much the same way, but given the high demand for the cars, I figure if I hate it I should be able to sell it for minimal loss. But I’m hoping I don’t hate it 😂

Reactions: MEL-22 and BruinIvy