Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since we are doing a Chicago area thing my SC is the new Libertyville location. However, my question is did you have to specifically ask for the all seasons tires or they just came? I've read some posts where summer tires were being shipped.
Just came! My SA said he had seen it both ways in this area. Something to double check before delivery or the day of delivery

Last edited:
Reactions: rdmdriving
There's no 2022 MS mats yet on weathertech. Wonder if the 2021 ones will fit.
View attachment 736250
These are my floor mats. The quality is amazing. Ordered from Teslarati. They say 2020-2021, but another guy has them in his new refreshed Model S
@SoCalDude ordered a set of pre-refreshed ‘20-‘21s. How did they fit?? I also ordered the pre-refreshed spider 3D set but no car to test it with yet…

@SoCalDude ordered a set of pre-refreshed ‘20-‘21s. How did they fit?? I also ordered the pre-refreshed spider 3D set but no car to test it with yet…
FWIW, I chatted 3D about the KAGU mats and they said it didn't fit the refreshed S and they said to check back in late December.

"We have a test fit schedules for the earliest release we could find nearby which is in December. it could be a few months if they do not fit perfectly. Check back late December?"

Well it looks like it is actually happening. FYI no one has contacted me still lol, I called the 1-888 number because my automated appointment said Friday at 1pm but I’m busy so the polite gentleman bumped me up a day to Thursday morning. Apparently I have to pick it up from Fremont, no delivery option but I ain’t complaining! 15 min drive, les gooo😎

Attachments

• F48DC8CC-E9F0-4BA7-A72E-A7CC6B69CC71.jpeg
    F48DC8CC-E9F0-4BA7-A72E-A7CC6B69CC71.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 86
The front seats fit fine.
The rear seats fit pretty good.

The trunk main, trunk lower, and frunk do not fit at all.
Interesting. Well, for FWIT, I purchased the Weathertech mats for the front seats, back seats, frunk and for the large trunk area. All fit perfectly in my 2021 Model S. I was literally one day away from receiving a 2022 VIN. So the trunk and frunk dimensions changed from model year 2021 to model year 2022?

Interesting. Well, for FWIT, I purchased the Weathertech mats for the front seats, back seats, frunk and for the large trunk area. All fit perfectly in my 2021 Model S. I was literally one day away from receiving a 2022 VIN. So the trunk and frunk dimensions changed from model year 2021 to model year 2022?
This is the first I have heard about the 2022 LR dimensions being different from the 2021 LR/Plaid. Is the documented anywhere? I have LR on order and I am concerned about changing width specs given how tight my previous two MS's were fitting in my garage (2012 MS85 and 2015 MS85D).

I actually did a comparison between 20 and 21 versions of mats, frunk, trunk mats on weathertech. The main trunk mat is definitely different (left side extended on 21 version).

Also anyone ordered rear cargo well? Looks unnecessary to me

20-21.png

Hi, first timer on TMC and as a Tesla owner. This seems like a good place for some details & venting...

Order placed July 23, 2021, got RN 11535___: Model S LR, blue over black, 19" wheels, FSD.
Many EDD shenanigans - for a while they had me at end of September (but no VIN), then wide swings in Oct/Nov...

Nov 30th about 2AM, I happened to start the app and saw a VIN (NF460). Bit of a surprise, I'd given up on 2021.
I start dancing faster to get the loan approved... Had originally checked the box to pay cash (ha!) because I wasn't sure what I would do, so I had to get my SA to make changes to the MVPA to reflect the lender, etc.

Fri, Dec 3rd at 5:08 PM, the text message: "Congratulations, it's your turn to schedule..." Cool, nice surprise for the weekend. :D
Sat, Dec 4th at 9:17 AM, a text message saying "If you don't schedule soon, we'll give your car to somebody else." Not amused, they woke me up for this? Went back to sleep... 🛌
Sat, Dec 4th at 12:37 PM, while I'm making brunch - a live phone call from a random SA: "Hi, I'm calling to help schedule your delivery. Yes, right now."

I let her know, as I had my SA, that there was no way I would ever give my online banking credentials to Plaid (3rd party service for ACH). She had answers for that - just spend my time harassing my lender to get pictures of the check once it's cut. Didn't care that it would be sent overnight, we can move faster if you get those pictures! Customer effort is free, right?
I finally agreed, letting her know it was not convenient to change my schedule to do so (no response), and explained twice that I couldn't pick up the car before Friday because of work obligations.

Afterwards, the app shows my pickup appointment - on Thursday... 😡

Excited about the car. Pissed off at the treatment. Surprisingly, "my" SA has not responded to two subsequent email messages, one of which included the request to move the pickup to Friday in the subject line. Still shows Thursday.
Ordered same day and my EDD is not until March-April...

Reactions: rdmdriving