Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well here’s another holiday bonus for all of us in case you haven’t looked in awhile. Due to my June order, I’ve been holding off on buying the wall charger, you know, if I don’t have the car or may not get the car, I didn’t want a $500 depreciating asset hanging on my wall. Well just out of curiosity I checked if they were in stock, and guess what, the wall charger is now $550. Once again, bump the dates long enough and give us another difficult pill to swallow. With my bumped date being now end of January to beginning of February, maybe it’ll go up even more. SMH
There is a federal tax credit for that wall charger, so it only cost $35 more, plus tax.

• Informative
Reactions: chrisdh79
Just install a nema 14-50 and save yourself the $500. Throw it at TSLA
I installed a 6-50, while waiting. I really didn’t want to keep using the mobile charger at home and unplugging and taking it with all the time. I figured, being forgetful, I’d always have a way to charge either with me or at home. The 6-50 (which charges as fast as the 14-50, you just don’t need the neutral wire), was a cost saving in and of itself. I know, it’s just $50, but c’mon, that could buy me 1/5th of a tire when the first one blows out. LOL

Reactions: Cyb_
I installed a 6-50, while waiting. I really didn’t want to keep using the mobile charger at home and unplugging and taking it with all the time. I figured, being forgetful, I’d always have a way to charge either with me or at home. The 6-50 (which charges as fast as the 14-50, you just don’t need the neutral wire), was a cost saving in and of itself. I know, it’s just $50, but c’mon, that could buy me 1/5th of a tire when the first one blows out. LOL
If you already installed the 14-50 or 6-50 outlet, it is very easy to add the Tesla Wall Charger. It is a DIY project. The advantage is charging at up to 48A. With the mobile connector, we only get 32A. Significant upgrade in speed.

Ditto! I have had a window of mid to late December. I opened my account today and boom. Late Jan to early feb.
Contact your SA. I contacted mine Sunday after my date got bumped from Dec to Jan-Feb. He told me that on his end my car should be built within the next few days.

The dates we receive are reliant on cycles/logistics. I take this as a barometer for a geographic region and build configurations, but for individual orders (especially those with earlier RNs) I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Well my delivery window didn’t last long

Estimated Delivery: January 02 - January 30​

It looks like it will now be at least a year after ordering. So great when people who ordered 5-8 months after me have their cars. Total Bull****. If I had any choice I wouldn’t give this company my money. Sales people are liars. No communication. Don’t answer calls. Think this will be my last Tesla if I ever get one.

I finally got on the line with someone who would share my soft-match date in their system which he informed me that my car was currently slated to go into production on Jan 19th. He said that contradicted my newly updated (less than 12 hours ago) EDD of Dec 26th-31st. Well at least I know to temper my expectations. But now this puts a potential delivery date into my 2 week vacation in February. ****ing great...

Fingers crossed for EOQ.

Contact your SA. I contacted mine Sunday after my date got bumped from Dec to Jan-Feb. He told me that on his end my car should be built within the next few days.

The dates we receive are reliant on cycles/logistics. I take this as a barometer for a geographic region and build configurations, but for individual orders (especially those with earlier RNs) I'd take it with a grain of salt.
I hate to be “that guy” but after researching and calculating thousands of deliveries it seems these dates are somewhat accurate.
Elon has even said to not “rush” deliveries. I had a delivery day of end of December for 3 months, then it said Jan-feb, then december 19th-31st and now February. Just February. My credit app is definitely expiring next month and I already told SA when that happens I am not re running my credit. I told them I’ll be doing “cash” until delivery day then switch up on them when the car is at Tesla. I’m tired of them switching crap up. My credit has been shot from the three approvals SA told me to do to get my LR.
Therefore, my credit is good now but another threat of “you need to rerun your credit or else your car won’t come” I’ll tell them imma do cash and send them a screenshot of the money if needed.

Reactions: LiveSai
I finally got on the line with someone who would share my soft-match date in their system which he informed me that my car was currently slated to go into production on Jan 19th. He said that contradicted my newly updated (less than 12 hours ago) EDD of Dec 26th-31st. Well at least I know to temper my expectations. But now this puts a potential delivery date into my 2 week vacation in February. ****ing great...

Fingers crossed for EOQ.
that happened to me last month. I think there is an internal date which they might purposely not share or directed not to. which might not always go along with the EDD.
last month when my EDD was dec my SA said somthing from their end showing end of dec to mid jan. two weeks after I got bumped to jan feb. now thet are saying it is holding at mid jan so hopefully that will stick. I think there is something called internal gate or window that they or maybe not all of them see and they dont always share god only knows

here we go again. reminds me of a month ago. when I was not happy with my nov dates bumped to dec and then I started seeing people bumped to jan feb and I am like I hope that wont happen to me and I remain in dec but unfortunatly I got bumped to jan feb and now starting to see some bumps to an even bigger delay march/april (two month compared to one month) where they might be swithching the line to possibly Xs and now I am praying my jan feb EDD holds. If I get bumped till march I am buying a 2020 MS and selling it when the MS or if ever gets delivered.

Reactions: JPInnovative