Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla yesterday since my EDD is Dec24th to 31st and I did not receive any VIN. The Tesla guy on the phone mentioned that I might be a backup in case someone from my area with similar config is assigned a VIN. Sigh. Looks like I’m not getting my Tesla this year.
I think it's imminent. if not by 12/31 then i'd predict you get it before mid january.

Reactions: chrisdh79
This is a (insert swear word) joke.
Those who said “you’ll get a vin soon”… yeah idk about that boss.
I’m definitely thinking about cancelling my order, by March 1st if I don’t get my car by then. I ordered in February.. this is ridiculous at best!
Very much thinking about getting a Plaid instead. Gosh what a terrible way to start my morning.
That is a (insert swear word) joke. I feel for you, my friend. Regarding the Plaid, I understand the temptation, and if you're comfortable shelling out $50k extra for a third motor, more power to you, both figuratively and literally :)

I just checked Tesla's website for existing new Plaids in the Chicago area. None matched your exact configuration, so if you order one, I hope you don't have to pay the transport fee.

• Funny
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Went to my delivery center yesterday and spoke with their sales team. They were fairly confident that I will be receiving my model S by the end of the year. The guy made a funny comment something like for you to get the car this year you'll need to get a VIN by Friday. So tomorrow?? Oh is it Thursday, yes tomorrow. So today is the day otherwise he said potentially early next week but otherwise I'd be looking into January. So today is the day for VIN hopefully! My EDD hasn't changed so I'm hopeful! Really encouraging to see another red/cream get a VIN on Thursday in NJ. They must have had a batch run recently
I hope you have an SA that has better information than me. I’ve heard the”fairly confident” thing before. I really do believe that all SA’s however have a list of phrases to use to soften the blow of the fact that they really have no idea, it’s just their most recent correspondence gets you to think something is happening. You know, kind of like when they changed the app to inform that they are ‘building your car”. It didn’t mean anything, it was just an app update/rewording, but it got so many of us to get excited and back off from being upset — that is until we all realized is was just the same ole same ole way of prolonging the misery of never really having been told anything accurate or credible. May you experience something better.

Very sorry to hear that all of you with with far earlier order dates are not getting your cars yet. Infuriating.

My December delivery window is hanging on, with the start date nudging out every time that passes by. It's happened 3 times in December to far. Latest update: Dec 18-31.

Visualization:

1639755591309.png

Last edited:
That is a (insert swear word) joke. I feel for you, my friend. Regarding the Plaid, I understand the temptation, and if you're comfortable shelling out $50k extra for a third motor, more power to you, both figuratively and literally :)

I just checked Tesla's website for existing new Plaids in the Chicago area. None matched your exact configuration, so if you order one, I hope you don't have to pay the transport fee.
Sigh … yeah true. However, I’ll just get any plaid that is available with any color. Whatever is the “cheapest” configuration. But that I will see once the credit approval expires on the LR order.
Or as my friend said it best… “just get a Model 3 performance in cash”
I could but I don’t want to go back in time … I want the model s … so there’s that.

Reactions: Woodchuck and JeffN
that's the part that confuses me. did they switch over on 11/1/21, 11/15/21, was your car in production in say, october and then completed in november? not sure these are really relevant or important, but that's what goes through what passes for my mind.
I imagine they can install a VIN right up until the installation of the windshield (and frankly, could remove a windshield and install then, but that would be silly) - i originally thought the VIN was attached to the frame when production though the line started, but I frankly have no idea, and can imagine a car getting up to the windshield part without a VIN and using some other sort of tracking, though to me assigning a VIN at least to the car makes sense.
I am not sure how the switchover works but was fine with getting a 2021. It was in good condition, had all the parts, had all season tires installed AND I didn’t get additionally delayed! I ordered in May so got the $80K price so even if 2022’s are worth a bit more when I sell years from now, I got a good car for a good price.

I guess I am keeping the car. It is a two hour fix job so they are not ripping it apart and they will give me the winter package wheels and tires (2750$) for free. They promised if another major breakdown happens anytime soon they they will start a process of Tesla buying car back and placing another order which is a very lengthy process. So I guess that would work Inshalla

I guess I am keeping the car. It is a two hour fix job so they are not ripping it apart and they will give me the winter package wheels and tires (2750$) for free. They promised if another major breakdown happens anytime soon they they will start a process of Tesla buying car back and placing another order which is a very lengthy process. So I guess that would work Inshalla
Great. Go enjoy your car!

Sounds like a pretty fair response to me. What is the winter wheel/tire package out of curioisty? Do you have specifics on which wheel/tire combo? I may be interested in this..

Reactions: fsabek
Sigh … yeah true. However, I’ll just get any plaid that is available with any color. Whatever is the “cheapest” configuration. But that I will see once the credit approval expires on the LR order.
Or as my friend said it best… “just get a Model 3 performance in cash”
I could but I don’t want to go back in time … I want the model s … so there’s that.
The cheapest one I found was 134k in my area last night, and it's gone this morning. now everything is back to 144k range with FSD. I am gonna lease a MYP, which is 2 month waiting according to "EDD".

Reactions: JPInnovative
The cheapest one I found was 134k in my area last night, and it's gone this morning. now everything is back to 144k range with FSD. I am gonna lease a MYP, which is 2 month waiting according to "EDD".
I think Tesla can take the FSD away before delivery, since it's just a software push. I've heard of others buying an inventory car and asking Tesla to delete the FSD that was pre-installed. Just a thought.

RN1148. Ordered April 25, 2021. White/white LR with FSD and tempest wheels.

VIN NF463 just got assigned and email to schedule delivery between 12/22 and 12/24 in Salt Lake City, UT. My delivery day was between end of January to mid February just last week. So wasn’t expecting it.

Now’s not a good time of year for me to take delivery, but I can make it happen if I really wanted to. Debating if I should hold back for now. Plus I really want rumored taillights I keep hearing about.

RN1148. Ordered April 25, 2021. White/white LR with FSD and tempest wheels.

VIN NF463 just got assigned and email to schedule delivery between 12/22 and 12/24 in Salt Lake City, UT. My delivery day was between end of January to mid February just last week. So wasn’t expecting it.

Now’s not a good time of year for me to take delivery, but I can make it happen if I really wanted to. Debating if I should hold back for now. Plus I really want rumored taillights I keep hearing about.
Do you like the current tail lights? If you do, I say move forward, you might dislike the new tail lights and be stuck