Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any idea if after less than 24 h if taking delivery car needs to be towed I could still have the right to reject it and asked to be matched to a diffeeent one

I'm just circling back around for all those waiting to recieve their new refresh Tesla Model S Long Range. I took delivery on 12/6/21 and immediatley sent it to the shop for some accessory work while I headed out of town. I still only have ~90 miles on the car. The delivery process was a bit challanging, however, the new Tesla, my first, is an amazing ride…with lots of technology… It's not perfect, but is fun to drive, sneaky fast and a compliment magnet. My Tesla was pretty good all around with only a very few minor issues... I can't wait to get some miles on it. Stay faithful folks...the car, I beleive, is worth the wait and the Tesla is clearly one of the market inovators and leaders...View attachment 745030
Where did you get the spoiler from?

Wow this is so surreal! I received a VIN this morning! Ordered May 17th. MSM/white interior/19/noFSD.

NF VIN. The car was built on 12/15. Edd window is 12/18-12/24. Went to the link to schedule the pick up but the earliest available pick up is Monday. Called an SA they said they will call the pick up location(Sunnyvale,CA) to get the car ready for this weekend.

Now sitting here waiting for someone from Sunnyvale to call me while im on the phone with insurance. Still cant believe this is happening.

I do like the new taillights.

Plus anyone know if FSD Beta access from my M3 can be transferred to the S? Or would I have to try re-qualifying again with the safety score?
No, FSD scoring cannot be transferred to the new vehicle. FSD scoring, if that is what you are asking, stays with the vehicle and tied to the VIN and not the driver. I had that question when i sold my 2018 MS100D in early October after participating in the FSD program.

No, FSD scoring cannot be transferred to the new vehicle. FSD scoring, if that is what you are asking, stays with the vehicle and tied to the VIN and not the driver. I had that question when i sold my 2018 MS100D in early October after participating in the FSD program.
Good info to know. I was about to ask Telsa about that. Sucks that we need to re-qualify. I'll probably take some time without the FSD beta before auditioning again. Was pretty annoying going through that *sugar*, but not as hard as I had originally thought it'd be.

Reactions: bhakan
RN1148. Ordered April 25, 2021. White/white LR with FSD and tempest wheels.

VIN NF463 just got assigned and email to schedule delivery between 12/22 and 12/24 in Salt Lake City, UT. My delivery day was between end of January to mid February just last week. So wasn’t expecting it.

Now’s not a good time of year for me to take delivery, but I can make it happen if I really wanted to. Debating if I should hold back for now. Plus I really want rumored taillights I keep hearing about.
Good to see a Salt Lake City, UT person getting a VIN. Hopefully I'm close behind you. I'm an April 1 order White/Black no FSD. If you decide to refuse let me know and I'll take it if we can figure out the logistics.

Found some time to take pictures of my MSLR. I think black & white images look good for a white car :)

BW-IMG_1614.jpg

BW-IMG_1617.jpg

BW-IMG_1635.jpg

Low-IMG_1628_2.jpg

RN1148. Ordered April 25, 2021. White/white LR with FSD and tempest wheels.

VIN NF463 just got assigned and email to schedule delivery between 12/22 and 12/24 in Salt Lake City, UT. My delivery day was between end of January to mid February just last week. So wasn’t expecting it.

Now’s not a good time of year for me to take delivery, but I can make it happen if I really wanted to. Debating if I should hold back for now. Plus I really want rumored taillights I keep hearing about.
Just delayed to 12/27 to 12/30. I’m out of town those exact days so won’t work. Working with my service advisor on the dates.

Reactions: jackk
First day my EDD, no VIN yet. But I got a call today from Renton Tesla. The guy (not my SA) asked me if I will be out of town by the end of this month. He said there will be a 3-day window for you to pick up when the car is ready. If you miss that, you will be back to the wait list and the car will go to someone else. I asked if this means my car is coming. He said this has nothing to do with when you will get your VIN/car, just want to collect some information.

Definitely taking it off.
But I have another Model S with white interior I'm waiting on.
I plan to sell this one if that other order is delivered on time. Hence not taking off the bracket yet.
I'm planning to buy this to mount the front plate since in CA it's required - SnapPlate Model S Removable Front License Plate Mount
That snapplate looks neat. I might need that when I go up to LA. Thx for sharing.

Reactions: Jet007
Reactions: Davidrun2B
First day my EDD, no VIN yet. But I got a call today from Renton Tesla. The guy (not my SA) asked me if I will be out of town by the end of this month. He said there will be a 3-day window for you to pick up when the car is ready. If you miss that, you will be back to the wait list and the car will go to someone else. I asked if this means my car is coming. He said this has nothing to do with when you will get your VIN/car, just want to collect some information.
Only 3 day window? Few of us got call yesterday but that guy didn’t mention anything, only asked if have any plans for rest of year. Our window started today too . Picking up from renton .