Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Refused my delivery… first it was delayed due to broken windshield. Took a week then I showed up at the appointment time, but no one told me it was again pushed back for a hour and a half. Apparently a door handle wasn’t functioning properly. So they made me wait longer. Finally They pulled the car out and I found bunch of paint issues. Some paint already peeled off and one dent they did a terrible touch up job which I suspect was damaged during windshield repair.

Not a good feeling at all about the car. Terrible wait, lack of communication and experience as usual. Back to waiting.
What was the Tesla location where this happened?

Reactions: BruinIvy
Refused my delivery… first it was delayed due to broken windshield. Took a week then I showed up at the appointment time, but no one told me it was again pushed back for a hour and a half. Apparently a door handle wasn’t functioning properly. So they made me wait longer. Finally They pulled the car out and I found bunch of paint issues. Some paint already peeled off and one dent they did a terrible touch up job which I suspect was damaged during windshield repair.

Not a good feeling at all about the car. Terrible wait, lack of communication and experience as usual. Back to waiting.
Sorry to hear that, they gonna lose more customers if this cs area didn’t get improved.

FYSA, I see a couple of LR showed up in inventory for a brief moment. One in FL and one in CA. Over 200 Plaids available.

My EDD has moved to 1/8-2/5 from 12/24-12/31 😭 this morning.
Things changed pretty fast. I just got a VIN NF462. EDD Dec 20-26th and It has 15 miles already. Not sure if it is a rejected on or a new one. Either way I am happy.

Just in case anyone rejected a MSLR BLK/CRM 19 with NF 462, can you please let me know?

Cross posting from the Canadian forum to see if anyone has a subscription who could generously summarize for the rest of us:

Since we have kept getting pushed now to like February it seems, we've had a hard time with just one car. Picked up a temporary Model 3 and have to say its kind of a fun little car for now. Got a decent deal and it has enhanced autopilot which wasn't priced in and whomever had it last (before Carvana) really took care of it well.

Still looking forward to the MSLR thought!
tempImage3n4dvx.jpg

Get the car right. I agree with you. Smart.

Two days ago, I reported the above, in which I received my VIN.

This morning, my VIN is gone, yet my delivery appointment hasn't budged.

View attachment 745671

Tesla is playing with my brain. I called the main number, and the guy gave me some questionable explanation about a system failure that was assigning VINs for cars that hadn't left the factory yet. At this point, I don't trust the app, the EDD, or anything that Tesla tells me.

Tesla giveth my VIN, and Tesla taketh it away. :(
How can they take a VIN away? Elon is the grinch for Christmas!

Reactions: BruinIvy and JeffN
Things changed pretty fast. I just got a VIN NF462. EDD Dec 20-26th and It has 15 miles already. Not sure if it is a rejected on or a new one. Either way I am happy.

Just in case anyone rejected a MSLR BLK/CRM 19 with NF 462, can you please let me know?

15 miles is the default for a new Tesla delivered in the US outside of Canada. That is what mine had. They probably test them a bit and have to drive them a bit for loading onto train cars and then delivery trucks.

Can second the 15 miles. Mine was driveway dropped at about 34 miles but subtracting the distance, it had about 15 before that. Perhaps a mandatory pre delivery road test?
Yep - according to their web site, every Tesla is road tested prior to shipping. Mine (which is still en route via train) has 15 miles on the odometer per the purchase agreement I received from Tesla.

15 miles is the default for a new Tesla delivered in the US outside of Canada. That is what mine had. They probably test them a bit and have to drive them a bit for loading onto train cars and then delivery trucks.

Can second the 15 miles. Mine was driveway dropped at about 34 miles but subtracting the distance, it had about 15 before that. Perhaps a mandatory pre delivery road test?

Yep - according to their web site, every Tesla is road tested prior to shipping. Mine (which is still en route via train) has 15 miles on the odometer per the purchase agreement I received from Tesla.
Thank you all for the info. I setup my delivery for Dec 23rd. Super excited. Hopefully no further delays. :)