Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Highly doubt it. They will probably keep you at the pre-price increase. You may just be pushed back even further like May-June but still unlikely. That is like worst case scenario.
But paying for the new price? Not likely.
I don’t mind waiting till June if that means I make out $15k ahead and possibly get new hardware to boot. Not at all. I just save more money every month in my bank account

My RN1154 (August order) EDD pushed, as predicted:

Was: Dec 19-28 (9d) --> Now: Dec 21-30 (9d)

Hypothesis: these "around a week" EDD windows might signal low-probability chances to get a car, particularly for factory locals. I remember having an 8d window around EOQ3 (despite my order only being a month old) briefly, before getting pushed out to Dec.

I just don't understand and neither can the reps on the phone why I still have an EDD of EOY being in Chicago, but I'll take it over being bumped. Still frustrates me to no end. I'm mentally prepared to be waiting for another month plus. The real kick in the balls will be if they bump me out to Feb when I'm out of country for two weeks.
That is exactly what happened to me. They assigned a VIN and the delivery window was when I was going to be traveling and couldn't change my plans. So I just pushed it off until Jan 2022 when my schedule is more stable. On the plus side, I should get a '22 model. With the delays, maybe I'll even end up with the refreshed tail lights.

I don’t mind waiting till June if that means I make out $15k ahead and possibly get new hardware to boot. Not at all. I just save more money every month in my bank account
I've been vacillating between anxiously wanting it, and liking the idea of some improvements. the brakelights, and potential software upgrades are the only ones i'm aware of, and if they improve FSD enough I may add it back again (FSD ordering ping pong - add, subtract, etc.)
I was supposed to pick up december 29 (which I was going to miss anyway) - but now, who knows what T is doing? I just wish there was more, or any, transparency!

Reactions: Vinny860
Agree, slowed and many pushed back that expected Dec. could be I’d say:

- adding X to line
- revamping some fixes into prod they have noticed, fixing common problems
- some changes like new tail lights/other parts being integrated
- supplier issues; chip and parts shortage is actually getting much worse again.
- labor issues, shortage at factory, delivery centers, suppliers, and transportation
I would agree with a lot of this, but also saw some fly overs that have a ton of cars. Not sure if that inventory has been allocated yet, or even if it is complete or awaiting parts.
I'm really thinking the Hertz deal can be scavenging the parts that Tesla has or can source.
As Elon said, it's a supply problem, not a demand problem.

Just spoke with Tesla as my trade-in was pending and was told that they won't finalize the offer until I receive a VIN as I have a loan on my vehicle. They're offering me $40,100 for my 47k mile 2018 Model 3 RWD which I think is pretty fair. I was going to sell it private for 43k so I'd take the 40k and get the sales tax reduction and call it a day.

Shitty part is still no VIN assigned, I imagine I'll be bumped out to Jan/Feb tomorrow with seemingly large update that always takes place on Tuesday. Fingers crossed that it won't be a scenario like others bumped out into April or further.

I just don't understand and neither can the reps on the phone why I still have an EDD of EOY being in Chicago, but I'll take it over being bumped. Still frustrates me to no end. I'm mentally prepared to be waiting for another month plus. The real kick in the balls will be if they bump me out to Feb when I'm out of country for two weeks.
I share your pain. Had a VIN. Lost a VIN. I'm now VINless, without a rudder! :)
still listed for 12/30-12/31 as my EDD (my 12/29 appointment is apparently the same place as last night's burrito)
meanwhile, i don't think the car (same or different) would even be at my service center, based on the call i had last week with an SA who said my car didn't leave the factory yet...so I think they need to update some logistics (whether just mine, or a whole bunch of deliveries) to be more realistic.
I don't see why sofware-wise if there is a soft or hard match, why they can't automagically add 21 days or some other approximate value based on location to the date they expect the car to leave the factory. i'm told NJ is 2 weeks at the quickest - today is the 20th. so if it didn't leave yet, it wouldn't arrive until roughly January 3 at the earliest. Fine, why not say so?
okay, end of rant.
ps funny - when i had the VIN and appointment I knew I wouldn't keep, i had a sense of clarity. Now I have NO IDEA and i think that's the biggest ill feeling we share - the not knowing - it's not an if - will we get our car? of course. it's a when - with a slight case of if i suppose mixed in (i was wondering at one point if i was forgotten about - there's a minor reassurance in a date change - shows you're still in their system)
okay, real end of rant. until the next of course :)

Hypothesis: these "around a week" EDD windows might signal low-probability chances to get a car, particularly for factory locals. I remember having an 8d window around EOQ3 (despite my order only being a month old) briefly, before getting pushed out to Dec.
RN1158 factory local pushed from Dec 19-31 (13 days) to Dec 22-31 (10 days). Feel lucky to even be in Dec with an -1158, but not super optimistic it actually lands... my car is Black on Black, though, which feels like one of the higher volume configs.

RN1158 factory local pushed from Dec 19-31 (13 days) to Dec 22-31 (10 days). Feel lucky to even be in Dec with an -1158, but not super optimistic it actually lands... my car is Black on Black, though, which feels like one of the higher volume configs.
You’re lucky. I’m 1157 for Mar-Apr. perhaps because I’m on the east coast. West coast gets quicker deliveries?

I share your pain. Had a VIN. Lost a VIN. I'm now VINless, without a rudder! :)
still listed for 12/30-12/31 as my EDD (my 12/29 appointment is apparently the same place as last night's burrito)
I'm in NJ too, and I got my VIN, and then lost it, on the same exact days that you did! Yet my account still shows my car getting delivered next Monday, Dec 27th, even though the VIN is missing.:

1640032108298.png

Haven’t been on these forums in awhile. Still holding my 1/10-2/7 EDD.

If I do get pushed back into March/April, what’s the likelihood that Tesla tells people with pre price increase like myself that we have to pay the new price? If that’s the case, then sadly I’m going to order a Model 3 LR.
Zero. Unless it’s a major refresh. Then 49%. :)

• Funny
Reactions: BruinIvy

My RN1145 (March 1 order) is mirroring yours, 19-31 w/ continual push backs as non-delivered days go by.

MS LR, White/Cream, 19's, FSD. Also Danville CA

Reactions: planetary
Just when I was ready to give up I got a call from Tesla, someone at my delivery center saw I had a lot of texts unanswered and gave me a call. She informed me that I have a soft-match that appears to be in-transit and potentially will be available for delivery before the end of year but didn't have a firm confirmation on when it will arrive. Said I should be getting a VIN in next couple of days hopefully.

Wow this is all getting real. I can't believe it!!

Just when I was ready to give up I got a call from Tesla, someone at my delivery center saw I had a lot of texts unanswered and gave me a call. She informed me that I have a soft-match that appears to be in-transit and potentially will be available for delivery before the end of year but didn't have a firm confirmation on when it will arrive. Said I should be getting a VIN in next couple of days hopefully.

Wow this is all getting real. I can't believe it!!
I've been told the same thing twice now. Once in November and last week. I'm told I have a soft match and an ETA for the 27th. What the hell is a soft match anyway?

I don't trust it because they have been wrong way too many times and have no clue. I hope it does work out for you though and it's accurate!

I've been told the same thing twice now. Once in November and last week. I'm told I have a soft match and an ETA for the 27th. What the hell is a soft match anyway?

I don't trust it because they have been wrong way too many times and have no clue. I hope it does work out for you though and it's accurate!
That is good to know. I have been told I was soft-matched with cars to go into production before, but never one that was already built and has a VIN. I believe maybe it's loaded onto a frame to be in-transit and are waiting to have a firm idea of when it will arrive at my delivery center to then assign the VIN to my account and set a delivery date up. This may be different with it being EOY too, I am not sure.

When you were told you were soft matched before, did they call you to tell you that or is that what your SA/Tesla support told you when you've called? I've been told it when I was called before, but never have they called me about it.

Edit: also coincides with their text asking if I wanted to trade in my vehicle last Friday, them telling me it's built and in transit it was likely matched with my account on Friday and now "in transit" waiting for accurate ETA to assign VN to me to schedule delivery. - Who knows we'll see