Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Few hours ago: text with VIN.
Just now: text asking me schedule at-home delivery as early as the day after tomorrow.

Emailing my hyper-responsive SA to get him to flip this to SC delivery, so I can inspect first.

Update: Got a follow-up call. They're ok with SC delivery, but their delivery window is now set to tomorrow through the 24th. Interesting tactic: "Usually, third party lenders don't work fast enough to comply with our three-day delivery policy, sir..." Ha.

Last edited:
Congrats! Just put in my new Model 3 LR order in today. Will likely be cancelling the S. I'll be saving $30K now, thanks Tesla!
Oh my! I’m happy for you! I had to cancel my MS order because I’m sure it was going to be delayed another month… I would be like one year and half in.
Congratulations on the Model 3! I’m also saving $30,000 as well ;)

Oh my! I’m happy for you! I had to cancel my MS order because I’m sure it was going to be delayed another month… I would be like one year and half in.
Congratulations on the Model 3! I’m also saving $30,000 as well ;)
I ordered a MYP but keep the MS reservation. For 80k it’s still a deal, plus I have another leased to be returned by next June, so the current MS EDD (Apr) might work out just fine.

Quick question - I see this message in my app.
I am financing $100k from alliance credit union and paying the rest ~1k. Tesla is asking me to pay the ~$1k to avoid delays in delivery. Should I pay the balance before delivery?
77E1924D-1B5F-40D1-8470-907B27031178.png

Reactions: SoCalDude
I have had a refreshed Model S long range on order since Jan 28, 2021. Tesla still has still not fulfilled my order. RN114429***. My EDD was Dec 13 to Dec 31st then suddenly my EDD on Dec 14th changed to March 9th to April 6th.
I really think they could fulfill my order but won’t until 2022 so the financials/ profits and margins can look as good as possible. I really believe most pre price increase orders are being delayed intentionally. Let’s see after the new year if I am right.

I am financing $100k from alliance credit union and paying the rest ~1k. Tesla is asking me to pay the ~$1k to avoid delays in delivery. Should I pay the balance before delivery?
View attachment 746922

If Alliance is sending you the check for $100K then you still have some leverage whether or not you pay the $1K in advance.

If Alliance is sending payment directly to Tesla then it doesn't really matter. I would pay the $1K in advance.

In any case, you can refuse to take delivery, cancel the order and eventually the funds could be returned to you and Alliance.

It's been recommended to not pay a dime until you've finished your inspection. If you have your loan check in hand, you can pay the 1k via Plaid or cashiers check on site after you're done looking it over.

I have had a refreshed Model S long range on order since Jan 28, 2021. Tesla still has still not fulfilled my order. RN114429***. My EDD was Dec 13 to Dec 31st then suddenly my EDD on Dec 14th changed to March 9th to April 6th.
I really think they could fulfill my order but won’t until 2022 so the financials/ profits and margins can look as good as possible. I really believe most pre price increase orders are being delayed intentionally. Let’s see after the new year if I am right.
Finally another 1144 order understands my frustration! I was in the same boat as you. I ended up cancelling because mine was April too. I do believe it’s the Pre-price increases we got screwed.
Hold on buddy, you might get a vin by January.

It's been recommended to not pay a dime until you've finished your inspection. If you have your loan check in hand, you can pay the 1k via Plaid or cashiers check on site after you're done looking it over.
On my Model 3 Performance they were FORCING me to hand the cashiers check over and sign everything before even looking at the vehicle. I ended up having them unlock the Model 3 so I can inspect everything before giving them the check.
Lots of buff scratches but I took delivery anyways because on the odometer it had 4 miles. I decided to take it.

I had to before in order to take delivery

If Alliance is sending you the check for $100K then you still have some leverage whether or not you pay the $1K in advance.

If Alliance is sending payment directly to Tesla then it doesn't really matter. I would pay the $1K in advance.

In any case, you can refuse to take delivery, cancel the order and eventually the funds could be returned to you and Alliance.

Thank you all for the reply. It looks like alliance will be sending money directly to Tesla. So, I will pay the $1k in advance.

Here ya go. 9428 Reisterstown Road Owings Mills, MD 21117. (410) 415-1411.
well ive called the store 15 times, emailed the store, called customer service and asked about the car. I give up lol if its available its not meant to be. The store won't answer the phone or return voicemail or emails. The number you gave me is just generic call center but their extension is 10859 but that doesn't seem to do any good lol. I hate this company, customer service on par with Comcast

well ive called the store 15 times, emailed the store, called customer service and asked about the car. I give up lol if its available its not meant to be. The store won't answer the phone or return voicemail or emails. The number you gave me is just generic call center but their extension is 10859 but that doesn't seem to do any good lol. I hate this company, customer service on par with Comcast
Call 443-789-3089. My SA called me from that number.

Agree... 17k discount be last in line.